Other Fever & Pain Medicines:
Midol
Midol Complete

Midol Complete

• Immediacy:

Amazing!!! Kicks cramps... you know what!!

So last Saturday as I was getting ready to start my yard sale of all things, I feel a twitch of pain in my abdomen. I knew it was the dreaded cramps getting ready to make my day a nightmare. Usually I can deal with cramps, every month they last for a few hours and they go away to allow the other nightmare to begin...you girls know what I mean. The cramps got worse as the time went on, there was no way I would be able to deal with customers, I could hardly walk!

My husband had ran up to the store to get some things to grill out, I called him and asked him to pick me up some Midol. I had used it as a teen and it was the only thing I could think of to rid myself of these horrible cramps.

He brought me Midol Complete gelcaps. I took 2 as directed, and within a half hour my cramps were gone. I dont just mean they lightend up, I mean they were gone, poof outta here! I could not belive how well and fast they worked. I was cramp free and ready to tackle a yard sale! Kicks cramps butt!

Works to help rid you of: Cramps, Bloating, Fatigue, Backache & Headache.

Midol did not relieve cramps, back pain, or fatigue.

I took midol for the first time today, and two and a half hours later I am still waiting for it to work.  I feel something, but not quite what I expected.  After 30 minutes after taking the recommended dose with water, I felt shaky and am not able to concentrate. I felt tired, so decided to try to nap, but couldn't due to the high amounts of caffiene in the product.  So, two and a half hours later, I am laying in bed, unable to walk due to the severe pain that is still prevalant in my back and abdomen, and angry because of the incompetency of this product.

It works for some folks, but not for me.

I buy this product whenever I have two or more left.

from Illinois

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Easy To Administer
  • Effective
  • No Side Effects
  • Prevents Swelling
  • Relieves Pain
  • Relieves Symptoms Fast

Cons

• Effective if you take it before pains are severe

• Menstrul cycle

Comments about Midol Complete:

This is great. It depends on when you take it but it you catch the cramps early enough, they will go away faster. If you are in the middle of severe cramps, you can take it but it will take longer to kick in

Life Savor

from Delray Beach, FL

About Me Healthy Adult

Pros

• Easy To Administer
  • Effective
  • No Side Effects
  • Prevents Swelling
  • Promotes Healing
  • Relieves Pain
  • Relieves Symptoms Fast

Comments about Midol Complete:

Midol is my life saver. I dont know why it took me so long to realize. I get pretty bad cramps every month and i used to take advil and nothing really happened. I could take 6 advil and still feel awful. Then I pop 2 midol and I fee like a human again! I don't know what it is or why its so much more effective than Advil or Tylenol, but it really is... Thank you midol

Amazing always my go to fix

Comments about Midol Complete:

Let me just say midol works wonders for me. Everytime i get cramps (which are always awful and extremely painful for me) i always almost instantly take midol and within half an hour my cramps are completely gone. It will always be my go to cramp reliever!!!

Midol Complete Saves My Life

from Denham Springs, LA

Comments about Midol Complete:

I love Midol Complete. It is one of the most effective medications I have taken during my menstrual cycle. I keep it on hand at all times. I have severe cramps, extreme bloating, terrible headaches, and clotting. Midol Complete has been my go to medicine for several years. It offers me the caffeine I need to get rid of my hormone induced headaches. It balances will with the antihistamine in it so I'm not wide awake or shaky after taking it. The acetaminophen helps relieve my cramping and headaches. I take two tablets first thing in the morning and another tablet six hours later. This usually helps me make it through the day with minimal discomfort and enough energy to complete my responsibilities. The tablets are easy to swallow and small enough to not get stuck going down. I have found Midol Complete starts working within 30 minutes of taking it. I would not recommend Midol Complete for someone who is caffeine sensitive or can not take acetaminophen.

Catch 22

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Midol Complete:

I absolutely love Midol Complete but it also has a few down sides so I although I tend to have it on hand, I am careful about how often I choose to use it because for some women it causes several bothersome side effects that I don't always want to deal with. Because every woman's menstrual cycle differs - it's difficult to recommend this type of medication for anyone. I find it most helpful to use when I am having an irregular cycle. It quickly provides relief for cramping that a warm water bottle simply can't compete with. It has also helped me to manage mid day energy dips especially when I am at work and there is no other choice but to keep going.It works excellent for those situations. What I don't like about it is that it seems to increase my flow which can actually increase cramping as well once in a while. It's crazy how the same thing that works wonders for one thing can be such a catch 22. I definitely use it and it provides me with relief when I need it the most but the things that accompany the relief have to be considered and must be judged on an individual basis - one situation at a time.

• Immediacy:

Relief when you need it most.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Midol Complete:

When it is that time of the month, I become horribly bloated and feel like I am leaking water out all over. I always start to get a horrible headache and feel so run down and out of energy for the first couple of days. For many years I never took anything and just dealt with the water retention, headaches, cramps, and just being exhausted. My friend gave me some Midol to try one day when I was complaining about all of my symptoms and now it is a must have when it is time to get my period. This medicine is made for women, it is made to combat all of the problems that women are going through, and it works so well. It works pretty much immediately, it has some of the quickest reaction time of anything that I have tried. Within a few hours I feel so much less swollen and I can tell that a lot of the water that I had been retaining is starting to be released out of me. This really helps a lot with headaches and cramps, it seems to target the areas exactly that are hurting you and makes them go away. This is a must have for any woman in her purse or medicine cabinet.

Excellent for women!

Comments about Midol Complete:

I would highly recommend this for women during their menstrual cycle. This medication works wonders in relieving cramps. I have struggled with terrible cramps for years. My entire body hurts during that time of the month. This medication has become my go to during my period each month. It is fast acting and one of the most effective I have found at eliminating pain. I would definitely recommend this medication to any women looking for pain relief. It is incredible.

I have found it to be incredibly effective. It works really quickly to relief pain. It also keeps the pain away for long periods of time. I can take two before work in the morning and that gets me through a day.

I take two in the morning right after I eat breakfast.

Immediacy
      I can usually feel relief from pain within 15 to 20 minutes of taking two pills. I think it works really quickly and keeps pain away most of the day.

• Immediacy:

Great for women with bad cramps

Comments about Midol Complete:

I have used this product for menstrual cramp pains.

I get really bad cramps, and I usually switch around between different pain relievers depending on what I have on hand, or what is on sale at the pharmacy or drug store that I go to shop. I have used Midol Complete a few times and it does work well. I don't see much difference in how much pain is relieved/ how quickly it is relieved compared to some of the other brands I have used.

As for the side effects, I didn't experience much drowsiness (which I definitely have experienced with some of the other products I have used), so this would be a good product if you need pain relief on a work day (or any other day where you don't want to wallow around and be lazy).

TL;DR- Works just as well as other brands for relief from cramp pains, but doesn't cause as much drowsiness. 7/10 may buy again, but only after experimenting with other brands.

Nothing special

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Midol Complete:

I was pretty disappointed with this product. I have horrible pain and water retention when I get my period, so I was intrigued to try this product and hopeful it would provide relief. I took the recommended dose and didn't feel like it made any difference. I thought maybe I just needed to give it time, so I took the next dose and again, no real relief. The next time for a dose, I took them again and while I had a little relief, it was nothing like what I would have expected based on the claims on the package. It might work for some people, but I found that just plain pain relievers worked much more effectively.

I did not find Midol to be very effective at all. When I had taken other medications, I had relief shortly after my first dose. It took three doses of Midol before I got any relief, and that relief was not very effective. It took some sting out of my cramps, but for the most part, I was disappointed at the level of relief it provided.

It is easy to follow the dosing instructions and use.

Immediacy
      It took three doses before I felt any effects of relief. It is one of the slowest acting medications I have ever taken.

• Immediacy:

Great for relieving cramps and bloating

Comments about Midol Complete:

I experience noticeable and painful pre-menstrual symptoms on a monthly basis. I need to take a pain relief productive that will help with bloating (water retention) and cramps. Midol Complete is my first choice when it comes to relieving my painful and uncomfortable pre-menstrual symptoms. I start taking this product about a week before my period starts. I find that taking it proactively really helps to minimize the symptoms of bloating and cramping I experience before my period starts. I also find that this product helps me more easily regulate my mood swings that I often experience before I menstruate. I find that this product is most effective when I take it first thing in the morning and then once again in the middle of the afternoon. Midol Complete works to relieve symptoms for 8 to 12 hours. This product is an essential part of my medicine cabinet and I highly recommend it to other women who experience painful pre-menstrual symptoms. It is very effective!