Other Video Game Accessories:

Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

Pros

Cons

Wires suck!

Usually when a big gaming company releases a new controller for their consoles it's no big deal. Take that lame the **Playstation2** pack in pad for example; it was pretty much the same controller as the Playstation1 Dual Shock controller but now you had to paid more money for it now. Microsoft wanted to do something special if gamers purchased the Premium Xbox 360 package though because it came with a fun new wireless 360 pad with a bunch of exclusive features. Is it any good though you ask?First thing first; although the wireless pad comes free with the Xbox 360 Premium pack (well kinda free, the system is still 400 bucks, eh?), buying one by itself will set you back a whopping 60 bucks Canadian! Sure you get free AA batteries with it, that's still the price of a regular Xbox game and it is definitely a lot cash for just a mere controller here. Because of that this product won't be getting a full five star rating but that's not to say it's all bad. The new white and sleek design is very light and durable much like the old Xbox S pad so if you liked those pads you feel right at home here. If you know that controller it had two analog sticks and 10 buttons which is great for today's more advance 3D titles plus it still has the standard digital cross pad (now it's a bit more circular though) which is better for more retro 2D titles found on the Xbox Live service.There are a few differences now of course (there better be to justify that high price tag). The Xbox black and white buttons have been replaced with additional shoulder buttons and there is a new giant 360 'X' button that can turn on or turn off the system believe it or not. This is perfect for a lazy guy like me! The big X also has 4 lights surrounding it telling you which controller you actually have there. Sure it sounds pretty meaningless but it sure saves a lot of needless fighting and yelling at parties. The 360 controller also feels a lot smoother now since it has a lot less bumps and edges as well.Although I hate the giant price tag of the wireless 360 controller, it's hard going back to those stupid old fashion pads with all their messy cords and square designs once you get your hands on this baby. It's light and easy to use for several different 360 or Xbox games ranging from violent first person shooters to more family friendly retro games like Ms Pac Man, the battery life is good with over 50 hours of playing time, you have 30 plus feet of range (just be sure there isn't too much blocking the way though) plus the whole wireless angle just looks cool and it feels like the wave of the future. If you got the cash (by the way can I borrow a few bucks?) I say go for it.**Xbox 360 wireless controller overall rating: 72/100**-StarSoldier1 2007(Ryan Genno)

I'm not a fan of the Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller.

Besides occasional games of Halo or Hitman with my husband, I'm not really a video game player.  It's usually my last straw when we don't feel like watching a movie, playing a board game or playing cards.  So for the most part, I use this controller for watching movies on the Microsoft Xbox 360 Console.

While I do admit that the **Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller **is comfortable to hold, that's probably the only good thing I have to say about it.  Do keep in mind though, that I've never used another type of wireless controller for the Xbox 360, so my opinion is biased.

One of the things I don't like about this controller is the way you turn it on and off.  It would be ideal if there was a switch or a quick-start button to press, but there isn't.  If you want to turn it on or off, you have to hold down the center button until it starts lighting up to show you it's ready to use.  It's time consuming and much more difficult than I think it needs to be.  Also, it uses up batteries quickly.  If you want to avoid that, you can turn off the controller after each use, but then you have to do the above, annoying steps.  If you want to put your movie on pause, stop, fast-forward or rewind, you have to turn the remote back on each time.  It gets old and I just don't like having to do it.

I do realize that there aren't many choices for Xbox 360 controllers, but if I did find a better one, I would definitely buy it.

Best product ever i played with a controller

from ohio

About Me Gaming Novice

Pros

• Easy to learn
  • Fun To Play
  • Kid Appropriate
  • Multiplayer

Cons

• All Ages

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller:

the best controller ever i felt like i was in hevan beh.

• Was this a gift?:

Great controller

from Utah

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller:

This wireless controller works great, and I love the flexibility of moving around a room without needing to pull a cord with me all the time. We keep our controllers on a shelf above our tv, and it's great when I don't need to wind up the cord or have it hanging out of the tv cabinet. All in all, it's a great concept.
    I just have two somewhat smaller issues with it. For one, the first time I plugged the cord into the controller to charge it, it fit so tightly I couldn't easily get it out. I eventually had to pry it out carefully so I wouldn't break it, but it would have broken if it needed much more force. It has loosened up over time and use though. The second problem is that the battery pack could be made to last longer. The rechargeable battery pack is definitely more cost-effective than regular disposable batteries, but it would be nice if it held a charge for a longer period of time.

Best controller out there

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller:

This product is excellent. The controller first off is wireless, which has its benefits. No wires to get tangled. The controllers light even spins when the batteries are low. The only bad side to a wireless controller is the battery pack sometime comes lose and powers down the controller.

best controller available.

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller:

One of the best offical controller's available on todays market. It has rumble capabilities, it is wireless. Battery life for double aa's are actually very good. It can literally last weeks or months on two double aa's. They do sell play n charge kits which I highly recommened for the hardcore gamer.

My favorite video game controller to date.

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller:

The Xbox 360 controller is my favorite console controller to use. It has a very ergonomic design, as well as weighting and balance to rest perfectly in your hands. The controller is comfortable, the button layout works well, and all controls are very responsive. It has great battery life with any double A batteries. I even use a wired controller for my computer gaming. I would recommend this to anyone to try.

Great controller except D-Pad

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller:

It is a great controller for Xbox 360. However, the D-pad is not good if directional precision is required. For example, in most fighting games, correct combinations of button pressing sequence are crucial to unleash specific actions. It is recommended that the newer XBOX 360 controller with transforming D-pad is used.

The standard for controllers

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller:

The Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller may be one of the best wireless controllers ever in terms of design and performance. The creme dela creme of console controllers. The Xbox 360 controller might be the best button-and-stick-filled manipulator of this generation, as well. With the exception of the oddly placed D pad, which I really didn't use anyway, the Xbox 360 controller was made for comfort. My hands seemed to conform naturally to the configuration layout. The controller is where the Xbox outdoes the Playstation 3 and 4. I know there is away to convert the Xbox controller for use on the Playstation 3. I just don't know it. Response time is even with that of any wireless controller released before. The controller is as responsive as its wired counterpart, with the exception of the guide button, which takes a few seconds longer to sync wirelessly.

Xbox 360 controller

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller:

The XBOX 360 wireless controller is by far the best controller to use for the XBOX 360 console. I've tried a lot of different aftermarket controllers boasting this, that and the third but the look and feel of the original controller is bar-none. The size and build quality is probably the best feeling of all the controllers out there. A lot of the newer controllers have a rubbery sticky feeling that i really dislike. The batteries do not last as long either. Overall, stick with the original.

Greatest Controller Ever

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller:

The Xbox 360 controller is a marvelous piece of work. It fits very comfortably into your hand and has a nice look. The comfortability of the controller allows gamers to play without hand fatigue for long sessions. Also the size of the controller is moderate allowing for adult and child play. Overall the controller was built with the consumer in mind. This would be a great buy and you will not be easily disappointed.

Xbox 360 controller

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller:

This controller is amazing in every single way. Not only you can use it wit your Xbox 360, but you can also plug it to your PC and use it right away without having to download third party programs. The only flaw with this controller is the D-Pad. The D-Pad is absolutely terrible and it is the worst i have ever seen. if you plan on playing 2D games and want to use a D-Pad, you may have a hard time with the Xbox 360 controller