View more video game consoles

Other Video Game Consoles:
Microsoft
52T-00141
Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Console

Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Console

Pros

Cons

• Controller Comfort:

I never saw a red ring, and thusly caused my heart to sing.

I have long been a Playstation fan.  I adored the original console, aptly named 'Playstation'. I had many great memories, as it had many great games. The same can be same for it's sequel, the almighty Playstation2. It was such an impressive graphical upgrade, and had many more great games to choose from. It seemed as though I was hooked on the brand. The Playstation 3 loomed on the horizon, and I had no doubts on which console company would get my money.

But then, it happened, I tried an Xbox 360 display at a local video game dealer.  It wasn't love at first sight exactly. I was still turned off from the clunky original Xbox, and it's overtly awkward controller.  But the more I played with the seemingly better Xbox, the less draw Sony had on me.

To be fair, I had to try the PS3. How could I not? The previous incarnations had all but eaten up all my free time. I was a Sony zombie. It was a pretty good experience, considering how much more there was to it than the PS2.  I didn't automatically understand the more complex features. Even going online was new and exciting to me. *With a console, of course*.  It was almost a done deal.

I returned to the 360 months later at a friend's house and tried Xbox LIVE on his 360.  At first, I dismissed the 360, mainly because I did not want to pay to go online, when Sony did not charge, but the more I played both and compared, the quicker I realized, you really do get what you pay for. Xbox Live is just smoother, and more enjoyable as an online console experience. It tipped my decision in Microsoft's favor.

I gave both consoles enough time to come out with a decent size game library, and tried what i thought looked good, and the Xbox just seemed like it had more to offer me. The contoller was a perfect fit for my hands, the games, such as Fable 2 and Halo 3 also seemed perfect. So I was hooked on a new console, with an equally memorable experience.  The only issue I had with my Xbox, was not the infamous Red Rings, but the console's memory, I hadn't planned on being smitten, so I only had the 20 g model.

I upgraded after awhile to the Premium version, and it was perfect for me. I could store more Xbox LIVE arcade games, game saves, music and video without worrying about running out of space.  120 gigs is enough to be happy for awhile, for mostly anyone. And this version was improved to avoid the Red Ring issues the models before it suffered, and I have yet to experience any problems with it.

I think from here on out, I'm a Microsoft devotee!

XBox 360 is great until you get those dread red rings.

I have playing home video game consoles since the original Atari. The XBOX 360 is vast improvement in graphics, sound, and gameplay. The XBOX 360 is not the best in terms of quality. I have had to turn in my XBOX 360 3 times so far for the dread three red rings of death. If you never owned a XBOX 360 the 3 red rings basically means your game system is toast & the only thing you can do is send it back to the manufacturer for repair. At least they will repair your XBOX 360 for free when this happens but you will not be able to play games for about two months. I enjoy everything else about the XBOX 360 even though I have had to get it fixed. Even though it cost extra, I enjoy XBOX live the most, because nothing is better than beatting the crap out of some one miles away in fighting game. Literally anyone in the world can be your opponent. Even though I never had any problems with any of the other game systems I have owned, the XBOX 360 is my favorite one. So if you get one, get XBOX Live and join the worldwide fight.

Xbox 360 Console: The Perfect Gaming System

from Ames, IA

About Me Hardcore Gamer

Pros

• Easy To Set Up
  • Excellent Gameplay
  • Fun For All Ages
  • Great Graphics
  • Lots of Game Choices

Cons

• Freezes Up
  • Old system
  • Prices Range

• Kids
  • Multiple Players
  • Online Playing
  • Serious Gamers
  • Teenagers

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Console:

I have recently purchased an Xbox 360 console and this gaming system became an item I use every day. This system has so many features that meet all of my needs. The best part about this system is it is cheaper than other gaming devices because it is an older model now. I honestly do not know what I would do if I did not have an Xbox 360 console because it has given me many hours of enjoyable game play and online use.

• Was this a gift?:

The Xbox 360 is fun for casual and serious gamers.

from Smyrna, GA

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Console:

My boyfriend first bought the xbox 360 not long after it came out... and summarily sold it and rebought it twice over the course of the past couple of years. He is a pretty serious gamer, and really enjoys playing games like Call of Duty and Halo, which is great, espescially with the 360s superior online gaming support and community. I, on the other hand, am not much of a gamer, but do enjoy playing around on the 360. I play Uno, and enjoy talking to people around the world while we play. I also am a huge Rock Band enthusiast, and the Microsoft xbox 360 has the best version of this game, in my opinion. I'm so glad that we bought the system again. Now we are even doing netflix through the 360, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this go.

On a side note, I really enjoy designing my avatar, and recreating it. A lot of new clothing and accessory items have been introduced, which are pretty fun and interesting!

I wouldn't worry too much about the overheating. The red ring of death would definitely be daunting, and we know folks who have had it happen. My brother's had this issue, but Microsoft replaced the system, no problem. To avoid it, you may want to do as we have done: put the system on it's smaller side so that it is tallest horizontally, and possibly store it in one of the metal gaming shelving units that you can find at Target/Walmart/Kmart, which allow air flow all around.

• Controller Comfort:

Sufficient if you get enough external memory

from Wilmington, NC

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Console:

My only problem is this doesn't have enough internal memory for pretty much any save files. I ended up getting the 320 GB external hard drive after Christmas to make up for this. Since then, I don't worry about having room for my Minecraft save.

Game Variety
No matter what genre you like, this console has it for you. It's not just for hardcore gamers as many people are led to believe.

Controller Comfort
It took a bit to get reacquainted with dual analog, but once I did, this controller just makes sense with the way hands work.

I've heard others have problems, but I haven't yet. Granted, I've had it less than a month.

• Controller Comfort:

Best console of this generation

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Console:

For me, the Xbox 360 is the best of this generation's consoles. The graphics are great and developers are still pushing the limits of this older console. Xbox live is a great service and mostly everyone I know uses it, so I have no problem paying for the yearly subscription. The controller also is very comfortable and fits the hands just right.

• Controller Comfort:

A console for the hardcore gamer.

from 77615

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Console:

Great console a large section of great games. Must buy for a hardcore gamer.

Controller Comfort
The controller is great, except for the D-Pad, and the analogs wear down and go bad after many uses.

Though any model of the 360 before 2008 were prone to issues, and if you must buy an older unit, I suggest 2008 or newer. The ones that are falcon / Jasper chipsets are your best bet. Even better are the newer ones, but the touch sensitive buttons are an atrocity.

• Controller Comfort:

Amazing and the best console thus far.

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Console:

LOVE MY XBOX. It's one of my most prized possessions. I frequently have heated arguments with my best-friend about how it's much better than her Ps3. Coupled with the xbox Kinect, it's AMAZING. The best console out in the market thus far according to me.

Graphics Quality
Especially when you use HD MODE. An excellent example of graphics would be while playing Assassins Creed.

Game Variety
Every kind of game you could possibly think of.

Controller Comfort
Fits right into your hands.

I must say I get a little confused occasionally, but once you've learnt the basics, it's very easy to use.

It has survived many attacks from my large German Shepard as well as numerous trips in suitcases.

• Controller Comfort:

The Xbox 360 provides hours and hours of gaming entertainment!

from Northern Cambria, PA

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Console:

I am very happy with my Xbox 360. I was at one point not really into the Xbox 360, until I received it as a present. It has a 20 gig harddrive ( which you can buy a larger one to replace this one). It came with one controller, headset, power cords, and the console. I never have dealt with the red ring of death which is a blessing to me. The Xbox 360 allows you to play games online against your friends and other people you probably don't know, which is always fun especially if you're an only child like me. You can download "add-ons" for games (ex. rockband track packs), and other gaming accessories which you wouldn't be able to do with consoles before. You can also download games right on to your console without leaving your house to buy one on a disc. The game selection is pretty broad and the games aren't as expensive as games for a Wii would be. You can customize your own avatar on the Xbox as well as your "dashboard" and other small things.

This console is amazing.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Console:

I like this product. It is very reliable. since i've had it i'v had no problems. although the game disks themselves are flimsy and easy to mess up or scratch. but besides that it is sweet. From playing rpg's to dropping bombs in military games i've seen no problems with the loading of the games. i like to play the xbox. and all my family like to play this machine from my 5yr old nephew to my 50 yr old mother they all love the graphics and sounds. another great thing about this system is it's ability to go on the internet. man playing other people on the internet was the coolest thing. tell my why i was playing mortal kombat with a monk from hong kong. i never get bore on this system it's like never ending fun. i call it my neverending storybook. Why because after i beat one game i play another and it's like finishing a story and starting a new one. I like all the games my nephew likes the shooting games my mother likes the challenge games and i like the conquering the world games. so all in all it's a good system. oh and if you want to get customized you can buy covers of your favorite people or games and put them on the cover of your xbox i like to call it the skin. you can change the skin to fit whatever you like.

The image of the games are nicer then most games.

from Ingalls, IN

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Console:

The Xbox 360 is one of my favorite game systems. Some of the games are so amazing with this technology. You do all kinds of online stuff on the xbox 360 such as playing games live with others. You also can watch movies with the xbox 360. There are wireless controllers and headsets. There are over a thousand games to play. Some for children such as bee movie and cars. For teens there are hunting games and all kinds of sporting games. You can own a xbox 360 any where from 200-400 plus. There are a few different types of xbox 360 such as the Elite, Limited edition elite, and the arcade. You get some kind of demos when you buy the xbox 360. With a xbox 360 you can save your games to come back to later if you needed to. Accessories can be pricey but there are many of ways to see where you can get the best deal such as searching the internet. The concole can red ring but we have found out to wrap a towel or blanket around it to cause it to over heat, without playing it, and give it 30 min approx and try to use it again. Online gaming is fun and doesn't cost anything to sign up. Depending on the consule it can be a bit loud because of the fan size.

best gaming experience ever!

from Gaylord, MN

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Console:

Ahh the days of 2-D lame graphics are over. Don't get me wrong but when you compare 360 to your regular nintendo NES, SNES, Sega or even Gamecube, well, there's just no comparison. Best graphics when used with a high definition TV. It really does make all the difference. Plus there's a plethra of games for everyone! Some of them have a storyline so addicting you can play for hours at a time and not realize your entire day has passed. And it's almost as realistic as watching a tv show. If you aren't a gamer yet, you will be if you buy a 360. Oh, and let us not forget XBOX Live. Hook up to your wi-fi and play your favorite games with people from all over the world!