Other Video Game Consoles:

Microsoft Xbox 360 Console 250 GB

Pros

Cons

• Controller Comfort:

The Microsoft Xbox 360 console is used all the time in my house!

I'm not crazy about their controllers, but this review isn't for the controllers, it's for the console.  One complaint I have about this console playing movies is that it is extremely sensitive - more sensitive than a traditional DVD player.  It seems like any little smudge or scratch on the disc prevents it from playing, so it's a pain in the butt when it freezes and you have to take it out, clean it and start all over.

Xbox 360 has tons of great games that we've either bought or rented for free from our Blockbuster online membership.  The graphics are great and the only problem I really have is the controller, which is another story.  Now that the "Ring of Death" was fixed, our system works great and I would recommend it!

Game Variety
What I like about the Microsoft Xbox 360 Console is that it is a DVD player and gaming console all-in-one.  Every now and then, I'll play video games like Halo or Hitman with my husband, but the main use it gets is from watching our DVD rentals from Blockbuster online. There are tons of games available for this console, it doesn't have Mario Brothers since that is Nintendo, but that's my only complaint.

It doesn't play Blueray movies, but it does play traditional DVD's nicely.  Simply load the disc in the machine and press play from your controller.

I bought my husband a Microsoft Xbox 360 Console for his birthday about three years ago.  That one got the infamous "Ring of Death", and died after about a years use.  We contacted Microsoft and they told us to send them our console, so we did, and they mailed it back to us good as new.  We've been using this "fixed" Xbox 360 Console for about 4 years now and haven't had any problems.

Very poor customer service.

Hello,

Hello,

My name is David J. Arroyo Jr. Im currently a student attending Full Sail University's online; also known as FSO. My course of study is for my Bachelors Degree in Business Entertainment. For 10 years I've worked in the sales and customer service profession servicing consumers and assisting them with any concerns they may have had. I'm writing this review on Microsoft's Xbox 360 video game console to help inform gaming consumers of issue I've personally experienced with this product and the company's customer service.

When the first Xbox was released my girl friend and I purchased and enjoyed the console very much. Our experience with the first Xbox actually helped influenced us to purchase the Xbox 360. After the first year of owning my console three red ring appeared around the power button. I wasn't sure what was wrong until my neighbor informed me he was having the same issue with his 360. Earlier that week my neighbor had sent his Xbox 360 in for repair. My neighbor gave me the telephone number to Microsoft's main office in California and suggested that I call.

The customer care representative said they would be more then willing to correct the issue and pay for shipping should I decide to send in my console. I was informed that it would take only 3 weeks at the most, for Microsoft to receive the console and ship it back. Since I had no other way of getting my 360 console fixed, I decided to ship it out. Besides, I still had the original Xbox to keep me entertained.

After sending in my Xbox360 I waited the 3 weeks for the return of my console. After the 3 week time frame expired I decided to call the shipping company to find out when can I expect to receive my console. I was disappointed to find out that the console hadn't been shipped back so I decided to call customer service to find out what's the hold up. After speaking with another representative I was told my console was being shipped out that day and I should have it in no longer then 7 day.

After 7 days I decided to check with the shipping company again and was informed there was no record of any package being shipped to my address. I called Microsoft and was informed that the information given to me was correct and my console wasn't shipped be would be that day. After waiting 48 hours I decided to double check to see if my console was in-transit, and once again their was no record of any package being sent to my address.

After being lied to one more then on occasion, I called Microsoft again and this time I spoke to a manager. He apologized for the inconvenience and reassured me that he would personally see t it that my console be shipped that day. Of course due to the issues that I had I double checked with the carrier and it was confirmed my console was in transit. It took almost 3 months for my console to be returned.

When I finally received my console I quickly plugged it in to begin playing. I notice that the tray where the I place the disc wouldn't open. In fact in order to open the try I would have to slap the top of my console and sometimes switch its position. Rather then send the console back to Microsoft I decided to just deal with the situation. I to entirely to long for them to return my console and on top of that I suspect that the console I received wasn't even the one I sent in.

To make matters even worse, I'm once again having the same issues with the three flashing red lights. I advise anyone who is considering purchasing a video game console to either go with the Play-station 3 or another console. Microsoft is supposed to be a respectable company and after the issues I've experienced; I'm completely against any of their products. Serving as a customer service and sales rep I made sure my customers were satisfied after every call. I even fallowed up with each customer to make sure all their issues were all taken care of and all questions answered. Which is something I could never say Microsoft.

Thank you for allowing me to share my personal experience take care and remember my story before making your next video game consoles purpose.

David J. Arroyo Jr.

ooooooiiiiiiooooo

from cccccccdc

Pros

• Easy To Set Up

Cons

yas

• Was this a gift?:

fun entertainment console

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console 250 GB:

I gave it a 8 because sometimes the console can be slow on navigating threw the apps but most of the things that come in the console are very cool and easy to use.

Graphics Quality
      The graphics on this xbox360 are very good especially if you have a hdmi cord that can connect to your tv or monitor. it can goes as high as 1080p even when you are recording gameplay and putting it on your youtube channel.

Game Variety
      Theres all sorts of games on this platform. Theres Action, rpg, fps, adventure, horror, racing games. It is really fun to play and you can even search for your favorite genre in the arcade section of the arcade marketplace.

Controller Comfort
      This has to be the most comfortable controller up to date. Nothing compares to it and i think it was also voted the best controller.

Pretty easy to use as far as clicking the game to play and going on your favorite apps.

I have had this console for 8 years and it has never had a problem. I can take it anywhere i want without haveing to break anything.

Favorite Gaming Platform

from Utah

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console 250 GB:

I choose X-box over other gaming systems because of the Halo franchise. But X-box 360 does not disappoint and is the best gaming platform as well as the producer of the best gaming franchise.

Graphics Quality
      Occasionally glitchy on a few games, but otherwise, amazing graphics.

Game Variety
      Has about any game genre and variety that you could want.

Controller Comfort
      Sits comfortably in your hand for a long time. I've never had a problem with comfort playing up to a couple hours at a time (never tried playing all day).

Pretty simple, although sometimes a little irritating to go through several screens before opening the game you want.

I've had my X-box for a couple years, and everything seems to be working as well as the day that I bought it. The system itself seems to be built to last for a long time.
      The battery pack in the controller could be made to last longer on each charge, but it recharges well, and I've still never had to replace it.

• Controller Comfort:

It has amazing graphics, pretty good dashboard, and great games.

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console 250 GB:

I just really love how Microsoft Xbox 360 gives you the chance to play games like halo and gears of war unlike ps4

Graphics Quality
      I honestly have to say the graphics on the Xbox 360 have been outstanding.

I bought my Xbox in 2006 after it was released and I have had it ever since.

• Controller Comfort:

This is one of the greatest systems that I have ever used.

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console 250 GB:

I much prefer this system over other systems because I understand it very well, so it is easy for me. The graphics can easily compare to even the best of systems, and it is well worth the money to get one, as it has a great online community, and it is fun just to play online by yourself. I gave it a 10 out of 10, because it is a very easy system to use for any age, and it can be enjoyed for many years.

Graphics Quality
      The quality of the graphics can compare with any graphics out there today.

Game Variety
      I prefer some of the games on older systems because there was a larger variety, but the Xbox has a tremendous selection of games.

Controller Comfort
      The controller is made for the user's hand so it is easy to use.

The controls are very easy to understand. I think that the buttons on the controller are placed in easy to reach places, and they are different shapes and colors, so even someone who has never used the controller before can easily find out where each button is, and what it will do with the games.

The game system itself, if properly ventilated, will have no problem standing the test of time. I have had mine for many years, and it still works very well.

• Controller Comfort:

This console system is excellent!!!

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console 250 GB:

The XBOX 360 is overall is an amazing machine in which I can play games on or offline, watch dvds, play cds and mp3s.

Graphics Quality
      The graphics are very top notched and has more pixelation

Game Variety
      The game collection variety is astounding in which it has more games than play station 3

Controller Comfort
      XBOX 360 controllers are more comfortable to hold in which in the back of the controller has a left and right trigger buttons plus the controllers all are wireless

Use of the XBOX 360 is very simplistic compared to most gaming consoles even saving games and using 250 GB for memory is to access

XBOX 360 is very durable and wont overheat because of the built in fan system to cool down the hard drive so it wont shut down or freeze up as often as other game systems

• Controller Comfort:

What would I do without it?

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console 250 GB:

I am absolutely an Xbox fan. I never got in the the Play Station products. This system is really versatile and entertaining. Plays games, music, movies, aps, etc. We have had our current console for around 4 years and the only issue we have had is with the drive. The eye got dirty, so we had to take the console apart to get it clean. It also sticks sometimes, you have to tap the top of the system to get it to open. Besides that, it has performed flawlessly. The live membership is super affordable, the rewards program is great for getting a few extra points to spend, and there are endless entertainment options.

Graphics Quality
      Varies from game to game, but for the most part the graphics are really clear and crisp.

Game Variety
      With the kinnect your options are endless. Exercise games, shooter, role play, strategy.. whatever you are into, xbox has it.

Controller Comfort
      We have come a long way from the SNES days.

Controls vary in the games, but the system platform is super simple.

Not as durable as the old SNES systems, but if you take care of the console it will last well past the release date for the next version.

• Controller Comfort:

The original is still the best

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console 250 GB:

With a 250 GB console, you better have a subscription to XBOX Live. It really doesn't make much sense without it. But once you do, the ability to pretty much open up everything from Netflix, to free downloadable games (just got Sleeping Dogs and Lara Croft in the last couple of weeks) makes the system so much more expansive IMHO than the PS3

Definitely still holds up strong even with the XBOX One and PS4 on the market

Game Variety
      The discs themselves have a ton of variety to start. But throw in the plethora of games in the XBOX Marketplace and you have a winner. Hands down.

Controller Comfort
      If you have bigger hands, it is not a problem. Those will smaller hands may experience a little difficulty initially.

Can't do much better than logging in and playing a game in many instances. Even going through a profile is really simple.

Personally, I have had my console for two years without any troubles. But there are those who have been burned by the dreaded "Red Ring of Death". I personally think some of that comes down to how you take care of the system. Is it maintained? Is it kept in a smoke free, dust limited home? Those things help to extend the life of any electronic device, but especially one like this.

• Controller Comfort:

Really good if you are desperate

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console 250 GB:

I have been a PS3 user for a while, so when i got a hold of the Xbox gaming console I was a little hesitant. The graphics are just as good as the PS3. It is a little too bulky for my taste. In order for you to use the online service you have to pay extra money unlike PS3. The set up of the home screen isnt very attractive.

• Controller Comfort:

The Xbox 360 is a masterful gaming system.

Comments about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console 250 GB:

I play my Xbox everyday. Its ease of use, amazing graphics, durable products, and fantastic gaming community make it a gamer's dream console.

Graphics Quality
      Great graphics. Visually stunning.

Game Variety
      Great game variety. If I had the money to buy all of their games, I would.

Controller Comfort
      Very comfortable controller. Fits in my hands perfectly, and is proportioned just right.

Very easy to use. Simplistic controls add to great gaming experience.

Very durable. I've had my Xbox since 2010 and it hasn't let me down yet. And I play it about 8-14 hours everyday.