View more video game consoles

Other Video Game Consoles:
Microsoft
LPF00004
Microsoft - Kinect for Xbox 360

Microsoft - Kinect for Xbox 360

Pros

Cons

• Controller Comfort:

Get your gamer off thier butt & moving with Kinect.

Microsoft Kinect for Xbox 360 may just be Microsofts way of ripping off the Wii but anything that gets my gamer off his butt is a good thing. The games are limited but since the Xbox 360 is pretty popular, I am hoping they keep make more stuff. Who who ever think they make video games where you actually have to move like you were actually doing it. Swing, throw, punch, and even running in place. I have seen it all on the Wii including that Wii fit were you exercise with your video game. The Xbox 360 is a much more powerful system so I am hoping they will end up with lots of games like that to keep my gamer moving instead of just stiing there mashing buttons. It could use some improvements but bugs and Microsoft go hand in hand. Everyone should know that, it is impossible to buy anything microsoft with some bugs in it. Still I even thought it was fun and enjoyed using the new devices. Maybe by next year they will work all the bugs out of these ones. Pricy for what it is but maybe they will start selling Xbox that come with it.

Kinect is not all I thought it would be. I'd rather have a Wii.

I've been wanting to buy my family a Microsoft Kinect for a long time now. I thought it would be a new way for some family fun, but it is not like I thought it would be and I'm returning it to the store.

I've used my friends Wii to play bowling and Super Mario Brothers and thought it was super fun. When I found out the Kinect is like the Wii, but you don't have to hold a remote, I thought it would be even better. Wrong. After using our Kinect, I'd much rather have a Wii.

My problem with the **Microsoft Kinect for Xbox 360** is that the sensor doesn't pick stuff up very easy. Not only does my almost-4-year old not get picked up on the sensor, but my husband and I have a hard time with it too. We've calibrated it several times and it just doesn't work well for us. When you have to stand in front of the TV and wave your hand for five minutes before the sensor picks you up, the fun is lost.

Lucky for me, the store I bought it at said they would take it back even though it's been used. If you have a family with youngsters or aren't patient, I wouldn't recommend this product.

Xbox Kinect is FUN FOR ALL!

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Microsoft - Kinect for Xbox 360:

Kinect....where to start? Guess we will start with set up and installation, which was very easy. Quick start instructions are simple to read and took about 5 minutes from opening of box to start up.
Kinect is great for all ages! I have kids that range from 2 to 12 and they all have friends and family that come and go. Dance games are the favorite around here but there are plenty of action and adventure games available as well as role play and exercise.
The younger kids find the Kinect simple to use because most of the time they can see themselves on the tv and they know what they are doing. The older kids enjoy trying to out due each other on dancing or sports like games.
Very interactive! Alot of fun for families and individuals!

Graphics Quality
Graphics are good. Not as advanced as maybe Playstation graphics but still worth it.

Game Variety
Plenty of games available. Sports and action/adventure to story telling and dancing.

Controller Comfort
Kinect allows you to play without the controller and the sensor is pretty good with picking up movement and people. In some games it will also tell you if there are people in the way that aren't supposed to be there. A little difficult for younger kids to use (mine are 2 and 4) but they have since figured it out.

Easy to use....turn it on and it senses movement and people.

We have had ours a little over a year and have had no issues with it.

Great Video Game Controller

Comments about Microsoft - Kinect for Xbox 360:

I love my Kinect. I use it to play video games on my Xbox 360 console and complete the physical education requirements for my school. I can even burn calories and fat during the winter when I don't like to go outside and do much physical activity. I use it to play games like boxing, tennis, volleyball, basketball, soccer, football. I use this as my primary method of completing physical activity during the winter.

Graphics Quality
I don't know that this item has graphics quality so I am using this area to rate the recognition of my movements when I use this product.

Game Variety
I like all of the games that Kinect allows me to play on my Xbox 360 console. I especially like Kinect Sports, and Motionsports.

Controller Comfort
Not Applicable. I do not have to hold a controller. I love the idea of a hands free video gaming system.

I have issues with it recognizing all of my movements. I have rated this area lower because of this.

The item has been adjusted many times, and it is still working.

Really cool

Comments about Microsoft - Kinect for Xbox 360:

I love the Xbox Kinect. I've never really seen anything like it. Other gaming systems need remotes or so on to really work. This is amazing. No remotes, controls, or cords. Just a body. It's crazy how it picks up every move you make. Especially with dance games. You really have to move!

Great controller-free experience

Comments about Microsoft - Kinect for Xbox 360:

The Microsoft Kinect is a great controller-free motion gaming sensor for the Xbox 360. I bought my Kinect over 3 years ago, and have had loads of fun using it. The Kinect is best played with multiple people. It’s also great for people looking for a workout, or just a different gaming experience. A downside to the Kinect, is that you need quite a bit of space to use it properly. Overall it a great piece of equipment. If you looking for a unique controller-free experience, then the Microsoft Kinect is for you.

Expected better

Comments about Microsoft - Kinect for Xbox 360:

The Kinect is a huge step up from the motion sensor that comes with the Wii. That being said - It's painfully slow, Requires a ton of open space to properly play, and doesn't always register your motion properly.

Graphics Quality
The graphics for the games I have played for the Kinect have always been rather good.

Game Variety
Sort of like the Wii where it's a bit one sided in the variety of games they offer but at least Microsoft, the creators of the Kinect, aren't afraid to branch out and try something different in terms of variety.

Controller Comfort
Can get rather tiresome having to constantly swing your hands back and forth. Very easy to get out of breath while playing it.

Some what slow to pick up your motions and to perform actions you want to perform, Sort of gets on your nerves at times. Even then it doesn't always register properly.

Despite being a little bulky, The Kinect comes off as really fragile. Like one good fall and it's done for. That's why you have to be super careful where you place it when you are looking to play.

• Controller Comfort:

A new way to play games!

Comments about Microsoft - Kinect for Xbox 360:

The Microsoft Kinect for Xbox 360 is a revolutionary new way to play video games. With its skeletal tracking technology it lets you become the controller! This systems lets you do what you would naturally do when playing a game. If you see a ball on screen kick it and your character in the game will kick the ball. Personally my favorite game for the kinect is dance central its a dancing game that you actually dance to with full body tracking and its a a lot fun!

Game Variety
There's not a whole lot of games that is worth playing but there are a few like dance central as mentioned above, kinect sports, and mass effect 3 that are worth buying for the kinect alone!

• Controller Comfort:

Awesome Workout You'd Never Expect!!

from Allentown, PA

Comments about Microsoft - Kinect for Xbox 360:

My two daughters received the Xbox 360 4gb and a Kinect for Christmas. There is a wide variety of games available for it. The Kinect is very easy to set up, but you need to make sure you have it in a big enough area that the players can spread out, especially in dancing games, or else you will be tripping over the person next to you. You should also avoid playing directly under a ceiling fan because you will be jumping (we found out the hard way). You have to be a certain distance away from the tv and kinect in order for it to read you.

You can use the controller with the Kinect, or you can wave at it to get it started. I find waving a little tricky (sometimes takes several tries to get it just right). The kids seem to be much better at it than I am! The Kinect is especially fun for the dancing games. Our whole family gets involved, and doing the Time Warp in a line is hilarious. We are all sweating by the time we are done. Much better than the Wii Fit, where you are limited to the balance board.

As the owner of many other video game consoles, I have to say, the Kinect for Xbox 360 is one of my favorites.

Love the Kinect!

from Cut Off, LA

Comments about Microsoft - Kinect for Xbox 360:

I absolutely love the Kinect for the Xbox 360! We love the Wii so when we learned of the Kinect being like the Wii but not having to hold a controller we couldn't wait to try it. This was the best idea ever! My kids still have to get up and move around while playing their video games but now they are the controllers so I don't have to worry about a controller flying out someone's hand and busting the television or hitting anybody or anything like that (hasn't happened in my house yet thankfully) The Kinect takes pictures while you playing, which the kids absolutely love, and it recognizes you. I was worried about it not picking up my youngest since he's shorter but it has not been a problem. I do wish there was a wider range of where it picked you up at. It's fine if one or two people are playing but if there's three or four, we're too crowded together or someone ends up out of range to be seen.

awesome gaming

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Microsoft - Kinect for Xbox 360:

most innovated product for interactive gaming! The Kinect sensor for the x-box 360 lets you play games without a controller, or anything else in your hands! Hands free gaming! You are the controller. Some games are very sensitive while playing, other games are dead on accurate! It is a must for anyone interested in the technology of gaming, and a great way to get lazy people off the couch, and play some exercise games while using this product!

Fun for the Whole Family

from West Des Moines, IA

Comments about Microsoft - Kinect for Xbox 360:

The kinect has a lot of games that allow you to move while playing video games. I like that you don't need to have a controller in your hand to play but some games are not as accurate as they could be. The Disneyland game was really hard to navigate. I usually have to get the games to where they start playing for my kids but it also works better if it is a eye level with the player so I suggest adjusting where you place the kinect. I have played the Wii and with the PS3 move but I prefer the kinect the best.