Other Computer Keyboards:

Microsoft 4000 Wireless Comfort Keyboard

Microsoft 4000 Wireless Comfort Keyboard, good but short range

from Savoy, IL

Comments about Microsoft 4000 Wireless Comfort Keyboard:

I got this keyboard as part of the keyboard mouse combo. I have had a number of Microsoft keyboard and mouses, and in general they are pretty good, but you can tell that the quality is not up there with Logitech. They make a good choice for a person that needs a device for as cheap as possible.

The keyboard works well. I like that slightly curved design, and it is easy to get used to. There are many auxilliary buttons that are customizable through the included software. I like Microsoft's layout of the delete-page-up/down group of keys. The keys tend to wear out over time, especially the spacebar, so if you are a heavy typer you should go for something a little higher quality.

The biggest complaint I have is the short range of the wireless. Logitach devices will frequently work from across the room, but this keyboard has to be within a few feet of the transceiver to function reliably. The same goes for the mouse that often comes with the keyboard.

Not for gamers.

from Gig Harbor, WA

Comments about Microsoft 4000 Wireless Comfort Keyboard:

I'm on my second of these keyboards now - why I bought the second I have no idea.  Both had the exact same problem - intermittent signal.  I'm a gamer, and this keyboard is absolutely horrible for it.  You'll be pressing a walk or run key for your character, and he/she/it will be cruising along quite nicely - then just stops, and you have to repress the key to get him movin again.  Figured something was wrong with the first keyboard I bought, so I gave Microsoft the benefit of the doubt and tried again.  My bad.

Best keyboard ever personally used

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Microsoft 4000 Wireless Comfort Keyboard:

Very nice wireless keyboard, it has a nice ergonomic curve to it which places the keys in a very comfortable position for long-term use.  In addition, it is adorned with plenty of keys that can be easily customized providing for fast access of whatever programs and/or file/folder shortcuts the user desires.  A+!