1.9

1.9

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Reasonably price clothes with style.

I buy alot of clothes from Metrostyle. I have been satisfied with the quality of my purchases. I agree that sometimes the sizing can be a little off but there is no hassle when you return or exchange something. I like this store the most because the styles are just perfect. They are not too old or too young looking and still sexy. I get alot of compliments on my clothes since I have been shopping at Metrostyle. Definately get on there mailing list for even better deals. I recently purchased a 3/4 length leather coat for about $30 and free shipping!

Avoid this company at ALL COSTS

I placed an order from Metrostyle. The order was delayed significantly (two weeks) due to a system upgrade. Of course they didn't communicate that fact with me. In fact I had to phone the company, and after an hour on the phone with the customer service representative she had to resubmit the order in their new system and cancel the previous order. When I recieved the order two of the items were not the items I had ordered. One was the the wrong color and one was a completely different item. It took another phone call and this time about 45 minutes on hold, etc. to have my return shipping label activated. I returned the items. It took another subsequent phone call (another 45 minutes of my life i will never get back) and an additional two weeks before I recieved the replacement items. My credit card was recharged for the new items immediately, but it took them a month before they credited the returned items even though they were the ones that had made the mistake.

TO TOP IT ALL OFF - In the meantime, I recieved the supposed "cancelled duplicate" order much later as well. And of course, it had been charged to my credit card again. I phoned customer serivce mutliple times and they were not taking calls because they were too overloaded. I was told I would have a call returned to me. I waited a week for a return call. In frustration, I phoned about 8 times in a row until I could get some help. I transferred from person to person in the order department, hung up on and essentailly told they had no way to help me. I was finally found a competent person in the order department (Morgan) who placed me in the customer care queue where I waited for another 45 minutes before getting any assistance. They've activated my return label, refunded my shipping, but won't refund my card until they get their items back, of course. Based on my past experience, I'm sure it will take another hour long phone call and a month before the money gets credited back to my account.

For the record, my order was placed in mid-February. Now it is mid-April and the problems surrounding this order are still not entirely resolved. Two months of dealing with this incomptent company! Furthermore, most of the people answering the phones are either rude, ill informed, or just plain unable to problem solve.

Ladies, they may have a good deal on a cute suit or dress, but it simply isn't worth the time, effort or frustration you will experience dealing with this company. Stay away!!

Great online store, if you're super thin

Comments about Metrostyle.com:

I like the store and I like the style of clothing that they sell. I don't like that it appears to be mainly geared towards very thin people, as there does not appear to be a ton of styles for the plus size woman.

The site is pretty easy to navigate. I like that everything is categorized perfectly, so whatever you are searching for that is what will come up.

Product Selection
They have tons and tons of styles for the 'skinny girl'. While they do not have as much as I would have liked to see for he plus size, they do have some items that are decent.

Product Pricing
Reasonably priced, although some items appear to be overpriced. They do have sale items with great percent off deal very often.

Customer Service
The customer service department is excellent. They are always very helpful and always willing to go the extra mile to assist you with whatever you need.

Shipping and Returns
Somewhat expensive, although not that much different from some of the other online stores.

• Shipping and Returns:

Sizing is off but good deals to be had.

Profile Image

from Florida

Comments about Metrostyle.com:

I stumbled across Metro Style when looking for shorts. I'm a little picky about the style and type of shorts that I wear so I spent a lot of time looking over the website before placing my order. The selection that they have to offer is pretty good and for the price it I'd hard to beat it.

The quality of the pieces of clothing that I got was pretty decent, higher quality than I expected to get for the price, which was a nice surprise. I will say this though, the sizing is a little off. So keep that in mind when ordering. But other than that, it was worth what I paid for.

The shipping is quick and packaged well, and the price for shipping is comparable to other online clothing websites.

I have had to deal with customer service once because I was sent the wrong color item in an order,but they helped me and straightened it all out pretty quickly.

Overall they are a great company, and as long as you keep the size thing in mind I would definitely recommend shopping with them.

• Shipping and Returns:

Can get a bit old fashioned, literally

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Metrostyle.com:

Metrostyle.com is definetely not my favorite place to shop but, every once in a while, I find something that I am excited about. In my opinion, most of the denim looks old fashioned with a cut that looks like its from the 1960's. Their prices in that area are too high for the style and overall quality. What I do like about online site is that they have fully put together suits to purchase all at once that look really good. They are already perfectly coordinated and ready for purchase at a more reasonable price. It makes it quite easy to look professional without much thought while shopping here. They also offer free shipping and free returns for members as well. Another perk I look forward to taking advantage of when I shop there. I am also certain to get a good deal when I am browsing through the clearance and the real steals area of the site. Their shipping is good, I would say about average, they will ship within a day or 2 at the most. The customer service I have experienced with them has been quite limited but always professional and appropriate.

Metrostyle.com Sells Clothing & Accessories

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Metrostyle.com:

This online site sells clothing and accessories. I ordered a few scarves from them. I wear them in the summertime. They are lightweight, so I don’t get hot when I wear them. I like the jewelry they sell as well. They are fashionable and trendy. The quality isn’t the best I have seen. I have sweaters and tops from them. They are soft and comfortable. The designs are pretty. One top I purchased was too big. I had to return it. I received a full refund. The online site is easy to use, and checking out is fast. I like shopping here when they have special offers. I shop when shipping is free. You can find deals in the sale or clearance section. It can be annoying when the items I want are out of stock. The original prices are too high for the quality of the clothing they sell. The customer service representatives are friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, they don’t answer the phone fast enough. I give metrostyle.com a “5” on a scale of “1-10”.

Poor Customer Service Policies

from Palmer, AK

Comments about Metrostyle.com:

Read their refund policy very closely. I returned an item for refund & was told that because I didn't return it 30 days FROM THE SHIP DATE, I can only get a store credit. I discussed with them that the item took 18 days to arrive to my location (verified by their own tracking system). I shipped the item back 19 days after receiving it using USPS tracking which they were able to use to verify ship & arrival date to their warehouse. They just didn't care & wouldn't budge on their lousy policy. I spent $14.60 to return an item for $29.74 store credit. I will use up the credit but not a dime more & then order from a different company. In comparison, my order from JC Penney's which I did not return until after 45 days was credited back to me within 5 days of their receipt of the product.

My recommendation - shop elsewhere!

12/27/12 I received a notice from Metrostyle (after sending them an e-mail requesting a review of my return). They did credit my card back. However, the customer service is still rated as VERY POOR because I should not have had to jump through hoops to get this refund & for the fact that it took way too long for them to come back & issue that refund.

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID

Comments about Metrostyle.com:

They have cute clothes- my trouble was trying to order!!!! I spent over 3 hours trying order on line, It never did let me submit my order! So I tried to phone in my order- after being on hold for 45 minutes, I ended up with a customer service person whom I couldnt understand! I asked if he was US based- he was taking my call from the Phillipines (sp) I hung up.- then I read all the awful reviews- now Im glad I COULDNT PLACE AN ORDER!!

Incorrect processing of orders; the worst customer service ever!

Comments about Metrostyle.com:

They process orders incorrectly. If they are out of stock of an item, they will replace it with something else - or nothing at all - and you will not receive any communication about it! And when you go to return items that were sent in error by Metrostyle, good luck getting a refund to your account and they will not refund shipping charges. Again, attempts at trying to resolve issues with customer service are fruitless. This is absolutely the worst online shopping experience that I've ever had and I do most of my shopping online.

Wish I read the reviews first before I ordered from this place.

Comments about Metrostyle.com:

First time ordered with these people and last time! Appeared to be nice clothes but service is horrible, to put it nicely. It was not a timely order first of all. Then I returned the blouse because it was too large so I requested an even exchange for a size smaller. That process was poor. I finally received an email that I was going to get a refund, so I called and asked about my even exchange. The woman I talked to did apologize and said that someone in the warehouse must've made a mistake and it was refunded instead. I paid $22.98 ($14.99 + 7.99 S/H) for a blouse and I was getting an $8.00 refund - because they deducted the $6.99 for the shipping cost of the return. My fault for not realizing the return shipping charge because I could've shipped it back for less. She said they had my size in stock if I wanted to re-order. I asked to speak to a manager. The manager was useless. Her story was that the warehouse probably didn't have my size in stock and that's why I was refunded instead. Nice, but I don't buy it. I think the first woman was right and someone messed up. But she refused to work with me. She asked if I wanted to order another blouse! And why would I spend another $22.98? That $15.00 blouse would end up costing me $37.96 when I would finally get it after I get my $8.00 refund! I told them they suck and I would never buy from them again. I have never had a problem with any other online retailer!!!!

WORST PLACE EVER

Comments about Metrostyle.com:

SCAM! This place is the biggest crock of shit i have ever seen. I ordered something JULY 2011...it is now FEBRUARY 2012 and i have not got my money back. I heard there was some kind of bankruptcy and that i would get my money back AFTER i spent 5 DAYS calling and being cut off i finally got a woman on the phone who said i would get my money back and i talked to this lady last NOVEMBER. I ordered an outfit that was MATCHING and i received the freaking jacket and found that the rest of my order had been cancelled....thanks you useless bunches of horse s**t....i called and called and called and emailed and emailed....I doubt i will see my money again. So i WARN people to DO NOT ORDER FROM METROSTYLE!!! They still release catalogs and i believe it's a scam to bring in the money hoping people will forget and let them keep the money. DO. NOT. ORDER. HUGE. SCAM.

Horrible Customer Service, Turtle Paced Shipping

Comments about Metrostyle.com:

Don't buy from them. I have been a long time customer and thier service has gone down hill. I ordered a coat on 12/29/11 and I am still waiting for it. Called customer service 3 times @ an average waiting time of 1/2 an hour each call and then have been cut off. Emailed them twice to complain, still no contact. Won't be shopping with them again. P.S. - Dishonest pricing. The same coat I ordered on clearance on 12/29/11 for $69.99 is now on clearance for $99.99!