Other General Household Cleaners:

Method Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner

Pros

Cons

Fresh, Effective, and Eco-Friendly Cleaner

It would never have occurred to me in a million years that pink grapefruit could be used as a cleaner.  However, the minds at the Method family of products have come up with a product that challenges the conventional wisdom of how to keep the world clean.  While **Method All Purpose Surface Cleaner** may not actually be made with grapefruit, the fresh pink packaging will entice you to reach for it and give it a try.  The scent is light, fresh, and tantalizing; not at all what you'd expect from a cleaner.  I couldn't wait to give it a spritz.

The 28-ounce spray bottle is easy to use, and the directions are a simple "just spray and wipe."  *Okay, so it's easy enough to use, but does it actually work?*

In the past, I'd always been programmed to believe that household remedies are commendable but ineffective, and that the reason harsh cleaners work is because they're, well, harsh.  How can cleaner that doesn't burn through your nasal mucosa effectively clean anything?  On behalf of Planet Earth and sensitive noses everywhere, I was willing to experiment with my cleaning habits and attempt to change my way of thinking.

Happily, I found that the Method All Purpose Cleaner is more than just a pretty package and clever marketing.  I used it to spruce up the kitchen and it performed as well as similar products that are unnecessarily harsher.  My kitchen countertops, sink, fixtures, microwave oven, and refrigerator all cleaned up nicely.  I wiped down the front of the dishwasher and stove, and even spritzed away a few stains on the tile floor.  There is **no rinsing required**, and it left my kitchen fresh without any overpowering scent.  This has become my cleaner of choice for light household cleaning.

The one area where Method wasn't as effective was on dried splatters on top of the stove.  I feel the product is not the best for heavy applications, but it is certainly a wonderful choice for frequent cleaning and touch-ups.  In addition to the kitchen, I also use it to clean the countertops in the bathroom.  For tougher jobs (i.e., toilet, shower, stovetop), I use a non-toxic but much stronger product.

I am happy with Method products in general, and I really enjoy this particular cleaner.  It's not as low-tech as using baking soda and vinegar, but it's not as caustic as bleach or solvent.  Method provides a happy medium that combines fragrant, non-toxic and effective ingredients to change the way you think about cleaning.

This product smells pretty but isn't very powerful.

I stumbled onto the method line of cleaning products about 3 years ago when we bought our home.  I have asthma, I own parrots who are sensitive to chemical vapors, and I just don't like using harsh antibacterial products for daily cleaning.  I am very concerned about the evolution of the so-called superbugs and do everything I can to limit my contribution to their creation.  I tried a few other products in the line first--the cucumber bathroom spray, the cucumber dish soap, and I think the Wood For Good dusting spray before I picked up method's *Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Spray*.  I was so in love with the line that I vowed to try all of their products and I'm about 90% there at this point.  I just need someone to buy me some granite counters and stainless steel appliances so I can try the last couple of items... but I digress.

This cleanser is easy to use and has an adjustable nozzle so you can dispense either a wide, light mist or a more intense and direct spray.  Each bottle contains 28 fluid ounces and lasts me for a couple of months even with daily use.  The company claims that this product is formulated to be safe on just about any surface.  method used to state that it was as safe as water but they seem to have deleted that comment from their web site.  If you care, according to the company site method's *Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Spray* contains corn and coconut-derived surfactants, soda ash, potassium hydrate, fragrance oil blend, color, and purified water.

The pink grapefruit fragrance is slightly sweet and pleasant but it is very light and doesn't linger for long in a room after you've used it to clean.  It's nice to be able to really saturate a counter, table, sink, or section of floor and not have to run away from the toxic vapors that usually emanate from similar products.  After using this product, I don't feel the need to rush to my inhaler or nebulizer.  Even better, I can clean with it and feel secure that it won't harm my beloved parrots.

This cleaner is nice to do a quick once-over on counters and other surfaces to remove dust or other small particles but it fails miserably on tough, dried on or sticky messes.  I've tried the *Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Spray* on dried tomato sauce, dried pomegranate juice, smashed blueberry, and dried canned cat food and it just wasn't powerful enough to remove the food and accompanying stain.  I've stopped trying to use it on disaster areas and now use this product only to freshen up counters, sinks, and such.

Though it isn't the most powerful cleaning product available, I still keep a bottle of method's *Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Spray* under the sink for those times when I just need to lightly clean and freshen up the house.  It's worth checking out if you are interested in Earth-friendly and non-toxic products.

Excellent cleaner

from Anchorage, AK

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Efficient

Cons

• Cleaning

Comments about Method Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner:

I use this cleaner for my counters in my bathroom and kitchen, my microwave, and my metal stove top. It always gets up any left over food on the counters. It gets up most messes. Sometimes it doesn't get everything out of the microwave. It smells really great! One of my favorite scents of method cleaners.

Love this cleaner and Can't imagine using anything else

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Method Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner:

When we moved into our new home, one of my huge goals was to limit the amount of chemicals we brought into the house. This is where Method came in. I found out about this company from a friend and after looking at the business ethics of the company and the price of the products that we had found the cleaning product company for us!

This cleaner is absolutely amazing! Seriously, whatever needs cleaned is so easy to clean using this product. And the smell is so amazing that sometimes I forget that I am using a cleaner at all. It is so nice to be able to walk into a room after cleaning it and not having to smell all the cleaning supplies. The smell is fantastic while you are cleaning, but it doesn't stick around too long, which is truly fantastic! The price is not terrible for Method cleaners, but if you are only worried about price and not quality, this brand may seem a bit more expensive to you.

Overall, I have been recommending this cleaner to anyone I can and have been using it in my own home for over a year now with absolutely no complaints! Definitely an amazing cleaner all the way around!

Great Scent And Awesome Grease Remover

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Method Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner:

When I am cleaning I try to use products that have no scent to them; I hate having something lingering in the air or making me sneeze for the rest of the day. I had to give up all forms of grapefruit when I started taking a certain medication but still love the strong citrus scent that they have. Knowing this, one of my friends got me a bottle of Method Pink Grapefruit to try out. It is a great product for general cleaning and something that I like using in the kitchen and bathroom. The smell has that strong but not overbearing citrus kick to it and it does smell like pink grapefruit.

There are some surfaces that I won't use this on but it does work nicely on the stovetop when there are grease splatters but for anything that is dried on this isn't strong enough to remove it completely so you will need to use a couple of paper towels and two or three more squirts of this to get tough stains to come loose. In the bathroom I use this to squirt down the inside of the tub; the one on the first floor doesn't get used all that often and it gets dusty so spraying this inside it and then rinsing it is usually enough to get it sparkling clean.

I like that this doesn't leave surfaces feeling sticky; some natural cleaners can do that and it defeats the purpose of using the product. This isn't something that I like to use on glass because it can smear the dirt around and even if you are using a lint free rag or towel you have to use a lot more energy to get glass clean when using this. The exception is when I wash stained drinking glasses. I can spray this inside the glasses and fill them with water and let them sit for a while then wash them out and all of the stains from coffee, tea and tomato juice come out. It's easier than using bleach and cheaper than having to run the dishwasher.

Awesome product!

from Greer, SC

Comments about Method Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner:

Method makes a great line of more natural cleaning products that won't disappoint. Their Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner is not exception. We have loved using this in or house. We have two girls and so we are very conscious what we put them around. We are not comfortable with harsh chemical-filled cleaners around them. This product is an awesome alternative to those harsh chemical-filled cleaners. It works well -- no streaks. It's a great price. And my three-and-a-half year old loves to clean with it first because it's her favorite color, pink and second because mommy doesn't mind her helping with this cleaner. We have used the Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose cleaner on kitchen counter tops, kitchen table, bathroom counters, banister railings, etc. We think it has done an awesome job. Our family would highly recommend the Method Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner.

Great Clean Scent

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Method Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner:

I just bought a new house with a huge kitchen and wonderful granite counter tops. I use it primarily in my kitchen. It does best on the counter tops. I also use it on my gas cook top, and around the burners. It handles the over spray of the non-stick spray I use and leaves the black stove top clean unused looking. I have found that it will leave streaks on the front of my microwave if I do not wipe it down carefully. I do appreciate its more natural ingredients.

I really like how it cleans up all of the messes my two teenagers create in the kitchen. It handles grease well and leaves the counters shiny and squeaky clean. I also have two cats and this cleaner handles the mess their food makes on the tile floor. The cats don't mind the smell and will eat right after I clean up the floor. It isn't a harsh chemical smell.

I really enjoy the light citrus scent that leaves the kitchen smelling clean, but doesn't linger and mix with cooking food smells.

My great go-to product for cleaning

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Method Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner:

I never really knew what method products were all about until I saw them at my local grocery store and thought I would give it a try. I can honestly say I bought this product because of the scent. I love pink grapefruit so I thought this would be great. I fell in love with this product. The scent is great and does not smell like a cleaning product at all, it is light and refreshing, yet keeps my house clean. I like the idea of being able to use one product for the majority of my household cleaning.
    The only disadvantage I see with this product is it is not an antibacterial and does not kill germs. I have a toddler that seems to pick up every daycare virus there is, so antibacterial is pretty important in our house.

This product works good to get rid of dirt and keep your house smelling clean and fresh. It does not leave streaks on my counters or any residue at all.

The scent is amazing and I love it!

Simply the BEST

Comments about Method Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner:

I was deeply interested in switching to non-toxic, environmentally friendly household cleaners. I tried a couple of multi-purpose cleaners, but they were not as effective as my previous cleaners and they were had too strong of a fragrance. Then I found Method. I'll be honest, the look of the container and the idea of grapefruit drew me in. And I'm thankful it did. This cleaner smells awesome. It's fresh and doesn't smell like a cleaner at all. It's not too strong yet the fragrance sticks around for a while..in a good way. And let me tell you, it's the best cleaner I have ever used. I use it on a variety of surfaces and after I wipe, the surface is clean and streak-free. And it doesn't leave behind any nasty residue. I can even use it on glass without any issues. I'll never go back to any of my old cleaners...not only is Method better, but I can use it with confidence knowing I'm not harming my family or the environment!

A1 Cleaner

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Method Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner:

There is so very much that I love about this Method product. I use it all around my home and love the gentle yet powerful way that it cleans while leaving behind an amazing, fresh cleaned smell.

The Method cleaner is all natural so it is safe to use. For people with allergies or asthma this is a top rated product. I thought that natural meant that it lost effectiveness. Method proved me wrong, and this product works fabulously!

I love the effortless cleaning no matter the stain or the room in the home. It cleans so well without a lot of elbow grease required. It makes life simple: one product, one sponge and the job is done.

Method cleaner smells great, works wonderfully and is priced to suit any budget. This is a product that is now on my favorites list and I will continue to use it for a long time to come.

Works like a charm no matter what you are cleaning

Grapefruit smells great and makes the entire home smell amazing

great cleaning product

from San Diego ca

Comments about Method Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner:

I love cleaning products that smell like citrus it was no exception that I had to try out the Method Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner. Just because the product is all natural that does not mean it lacks in performance this worked amazingly well on everything I have cleaned so far. Through my experience I found the best way to use the product even on tough stains was to spray it on the area, and let it sit for a minutes before wiping the mess away. The scent smells really great it is nice, and fresh not overwhelming like chemical based cleaners. I love to use this cleaner to wipe down the counters in my kitchen, and bathroom. Also like to use it to wipe up messes from my tile floors it. It dries up really fast after cleaning, and leaves the surface very shiny with no residue feeling left behind. It is non-toxic so I am able to use it around my dogs, and child without having any issues. The spray bottle was easy to use it has a basic lock, and unlock method on the nozzle to store it safely. I highly recommend this cleaner for any household.

Method PInk Grapefruit Cleaner works great and smells good too!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Method Pink Grapefruit All-Purpose Cleaner:

I do not exclusively use natural products and cleaners. I am always on the lookout for cleaning and personal products that do not contain as many harsh chemicals but still work. I bought this because I came across a coupon and I had been wanting to try it. Yes it is a little expensive for a cleaner but if preserving the environment and being healthier is important to you than it is worth it. There are other natural cleaners out there that aren't as expensive that work just as well so I probably won't buy again. Plus, I have my own essential oils and like to make my own cleaners when I have time. However, if you are looking for a natural cleaner that works good and smells really great this could be the cleaner for you.

Method Pink Grapefruit Cleaner works well at cleaning all the dirt and grime in my home. This can be used on many surfaces. I clean my countertops, sinks, bathroom, sealed wood, metal appliances, etc. It is non-toxic and natural but is a powerful cleaner.

This smells so wonderful! It makes everything you clean and the room smell clean and fresh. It is not overpowering in any way either. Method offers other scents to choose from if this one isn't for you.