Other Kitchen Cleaners:
Method
Method Dish Soap Pump, Clementine

Method Dish Soap Pump, Clementine

environmentally friendly company!

I used to clean houses for a living and one day I went to a new clients home years ago, and she intoduced me to the method line of housecleaning products. I started using them regularly after trying all the products she had at her house. They make so many types of cleaners and they are environmentally friendly and harsh and unsafe chemicals are left out. Some people think they need those chemicals to achieve the best results, but method products prove this is untrue. The dishsoaps they make are just as good as the competitors. I like the unique scents, which most are impossible to find in other brands. The Clementine scent of this dish soap is a fresh clean scent that delivers a powerful clean. It suds up perfectly and a little goes a long way. The bottle is pretty neat looking and has a pump top that sometimes delivers a bit too much product. Sometimes I try to wash the dishes before they stack up and one pump is too much for a small amount of dishes. They should alter the pump to squirt out a smaller amount so there isn't as much waste. But other then that I do like method dish soap and all the scents! It works well and cuts through grease and stuck on foods. I recommend it but not for people who like to wash a few dishes at a time, because you get too much soap for that. If they would change the pump design it would be perfect!

Pumps WAY Too Much Soap

Method products are generally wonderful.  They clean well, use naturally-derived ingredients, smell great, and are often more environmentally friendly than other, harsher conventional products.  And I love the smell of the Clementine dish soap, not to mention the sleek design of the bottle (which looks great on my kitchen sink).  So why a 2-star review?

This is a 2-star review because the pump shoots out WAY too much dish soap at even the lightest touch!  At first it was just a little annoying.  I thought maybe I pushed too hard.  Nope.  No matter how lightly I pressed the pump, a fast stream of soap shot out!  So, you end up with WAY too many suds for a small sinkful of dishes.

Then I started thinking about how wasteful it is.  Method products cost more than other brands, sometimes quite a bit more, and those of us who do purchase them usually do so because we stand behind the products and because, in my case, we want to choose a product that is more environmentally friendly.  Well, waste is not environmentally friendly, period.  The amount of water I need to use to compensate for too much soap on my dishes is wasteful, using more soap than needed in the first place is wasteful, and replacing the product more often than needed is wasteful (more packaging, more driving, more money, etc.).

I would love this product if the pump were redesigned to allow greater control of usage.

environmentally friendly company!

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Efficient
  • Powerful

Cons

• Dorm
    • Home

Comments about Method Dish Soap Pump, Clementine:

Great scent and design, dispenser needs work!

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Method Dish Soap Pump, Clementine:

I love the delicious scent of the clementine dish soap pump, which doesn't become stomach-turning when mixed with the grease and odor of old food. The cucumber version smells fresh from the bottle, but unfortunately not so good when mixed with food smells. So, citrus-y odors are my usual choice for dish-washing. The only problem I have experienced with these pumps is that the dish soap propels itself straight forward when you push down on the pump, instead of dripping downward as you might expect. I have to preemptively stick a sponge in front of the dispenser (not under!) lest I end up with dish-washing soap all over my chest. Unfortunately, that has happened several times already, especially if I forget that the sponge should be in front, not under, or if I try to squirt the soap directly on a large pan being washed. I also like the sleek design of the Method bottle. It looks modern and fits well with my age and lifestyle. I don't feel like I'm using my mother's (or my grandmother's) dish soap.

Love The Scent!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Method Dish Soap Pump, Clementine:

This was among the first Method products that I experimented with and the effectiveness combined with the amazing scent made me a Method fan.

First, I do have to mention that I don't actually use this from the pump bottle. I have an automatic soap dispenser and I just transfer this soap into it. So I can't speak to the ease of use of the pump and bottle design, besides the fact that it is very pretty and nicely balanced.

This cleans just as well, if not better, than the my regular blue dish liquid. I noticed no difference when washing greasy or tomato sauce encrusted dishes. Everything came out sparkling clean.

The scent is what really sold me on the product though, it has a wonderful orangey scent that is perfect for the kitchen and makes your kitchen smell just like summer no matter the season.

If you're looking for a greener yet still effective alternative to your current dis soap this is definitely one to try.

Method Dish Soap

Comments about Method Dish Soap Pump, Clementine:

This is by far the best dish soap I have ever used. At first, I started using the orange one, but I have recently switched to the blue one. It works really well, and it's all natural. I've used a lot of natural dish soaps that irritated my hands or made them itch. I haven't had any side effects from using this one. I don't have a dishwasher, so I have to wash all my dishes by hand. This soap makes it more enjoyable. The smell is amazing! I don't know why, but the smell reminds me of being at the beach. The soap foams up really nicely, and it cleans even my greasy dishes. It's a little more expensive than other brands, but the bottle is pretty big. I also love the pump. I don't have to pick up the bottle every time I need more. The only problem with this dish soap is that it is really hard to find. I have looked everywhere, and I can't find it anywhere. I have to order it online, but it's worth it. I recommend this to anyone looking for a natural dish soap.

Clementine Smells Divine

Comments about Method Dish Soap Pump, Clementine:

I've always been a fan of Method's products, so I gave this dish soap a try -- and love it! It has a light and fresh, natural scent much unlike other dish soaps where you can almost smell the chemicals being masked by an artificial substance. Now washing dishes is actually a pleasant task for me after cooking dinner every night. Unfortunately, I don't have a dishwasher at home, so choosing the right dish soap is important. I've bought Clementine, but they also offer other scents such as Cucumber and Ginger Yuzu. Both sound equally amazing! It cuts tough grease, and because it is a concentrated formula you only need a few drops each time. My favorite aspect of this product is that you can buy a dish soap refill kit that will fill your pump-bottle at least two times. That makes this a great eco-friendly and economically savvy choice. The bottle comes in a cool shape, and looks lovely sitting next to my kitchen sink : )

Pretty good stuff!

from Arnold, MO

Comments about Method Dish Soap Pump, Clementine:

I am a huge Method fan. I use as many of their products as I can get my hands on. Let me start by saying that this stuffs smells wonderful and I love the pump dispenser. The bottle is never messy and I always use the same amount which keeps me from,putting too much soap in while washing dishes.
    That being said, this stuff works great unless you have a super greasy dish to clean up. It just doesn't seem to cut the grease quite as well as a few other products I use. To resolve this, I just squirt a little extra soap in that particular pan and it usually works just fine.
    I love this stuff and plan to continue using it. It is safer for the environment and for my family and I love that!
    If you do some research on the company you will find that they have a very strong commitment to protecting our planet and to keep harmful toxins out of our home. This is a great company that makes great products.

Smells Great!

Comments about Method Dish Soap Pump, Clementine:

There is nothing about this dish soap that I would change. The smell is wonderful and leaves my kitchen smelling like fresh fruit. I like how thick the soap is so. It doesn't take much to get my dishes clean. I also like that the soap comes in a container with a pump. I keep the soap beside my sink so all that I have to do is push down the pump a couple of times and the soap goes right into the sink. I like that I don't have to worry about any harsh chemicals or additives when I use this product. With two small children I worry about the chemicals they are exposed too, but I know that Method products are always a safe bet. I find that this soap doesn't irritate my skin like some other dish soaps do. The bright orange color is beautiful and adds a nice splash of color to my kitchen. I like that I can use the bottle over and over by refilling it. This really helps me spend less money and not produce as much trash. It is a great product. I recommend it to everyone.

Smells So Great It's Always Out of Stock!

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Method Dish Soap Pump, Clementine:

Over the past several years I have been making more effort to have an environmentally clean home. I read that lots of times the air inside our homes is more polluted than the air outside.

This Clementine Scented Method Dish Soap smells so fantastic that it is almost always out of stock when I try to find it at Target, so I usually buy two at a time. When it's not available, the Grapefruit scent is a nice substitute.

I love that the product is made with biodegradable surfactants (the component of a cleaning product that helps it lift grease), and that all the packaging is recycled. The pump makes cleaning a breeze, and dispenses just the right amount of product to my sponge. My dishes get clean and the whole kitchen smells great.

From an aesthetic perspective, the product is a pretty color that coordinates nicely with my kitchen decor, and the bottle is interesting and attractive enough that I don't mind leaving it on the sink ledge.

Method Clementine- looks pretty & works!

from Kittery Point, ME

Comments about Method Dish Soap Pump, Clementine:

Method is one of the best cleaning brands out there. I have been using other products of theirs for years- glass cleaner, wood polish, bathroom cleaner, etc. I figured it was time to switch up from using Dawn or Ajax for dish washing. The smell alone got me hooked! While they have several scents, this feels fresh and reminds me of grinding orange peels in the garbage disposal. The dispenser is a favorite of mine- no need to move the bottle to fill up a sponge, just pump and leave it where it is. It is a great grease cutter- especially on frying pans. Just pump, add hot water, soak for a bit and everything comes right off. There is no weird chemical cleaner smell, it smells much like a hand soap or a body wash. It's gentle on the skin, so I have been known to use it to just wash my hands in the kitchen. It's gentle on the earth (no crazy additives) and you can save money by buying the refill bags- which is great because you really don't need a new pump every time. Another awesome Method product!

Smells great, cuts through everything, an it's enviro friendly!

Comments about Method Dish Soap Pump, Clementine:

I LOVE this product! We make a lot of our own cleaners and detergents at home, but I don't need to have a homemade dish soap when I have method's clementine soap! It smells good and is an excellent grease-cutter! And the bottle is reusable over and over again!