4.1

Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner

4.1

Pros

Cons

Keeps my husbands shower clean for so much longer.

My husband works in construction and often comes home super dirty so he uses the shower downstairs in the basement. I was so sick of having to scrub his "man" bathroom all the time. I use a lot of the Method products because I believe that we should limit our exposure to all the chemicals and harsh abrasives found in a lot of cleaning products. I bought the cleaner on a whim and my husband can not believe how clean it keeps his shower and how it almost elimates the extra moisture found on the walls in the shower. He also now recommends it to his customers when he is installing showers or working in their bathrooms. It has saved me a lot of time cleaning too. I feel like when I do clean his bathroom now, I don't have to do so much scrubbing. It also has a very fresh smell but nothing overpowering or strong (like the smells of things that give you an instant headache). I also love that it is animal friendly!

Method, I love the convenience, but the scent has got to go!

I bought Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner because anything that makes cleaning easier gets a thumbs up in my opinion, and if it's made with non-toxic ingredients, even better.
Read complete review

**Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner** is a multi-surface shower cleaner that you spray each time you get out of the shower; no rinsing or scrubbing necessary - just spray and go. Of course, you need to start with a clean shower, but the idea is that this product will prevent mold and mildew from growing. This product is safe to use on: showers, tile, fixtures, glass and tubs.

I cleaned my whole shower really well so I would be off to a good start and then sprayed a section of my shower each time I got out. I only sprayed a section because I wanted to see if the area I sprayed each day looked any different than the areas I didn't spray. I did this for about a month and used almost 3/4 of the bottle. The results? **Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner** is excellent at keeping the grout in between my tiles clean, white and mold-free, but I barely noticed a difference with the white caulk that meets at the tub and tile. Some of my caulk had hard-to-clean areas already, so I didn't expect them to disappear, but they didn't stay as clean as my grout did after my experiment.

The reason why I gave this product 3 stars, even though it does a great job at keeping my grout clean is because it has an atrocious scent. Method calls it "Ylang Ylang", but I call it horrible. It is very, very strong and totally unpleasant. I think I would rather smell toxic chemicals that have to smell this everyday. Besides the scent and average cleaning power for caulk, I did like this product. Would I buy it again? Only if they add a new scent to the line.

Nice, but don't expect miracles.

from Wisconsin

Comments about Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner:

If you're buying a shower cleaner like this to actually do some deep cleaning, then you're going to be disappointed (unless you plan on using a lot of elbow grease). The time to use Method's Daily Shower Cleaner is after you've given your shower a good cleaning. If you thoroughly spray your entire shower with this stuff then after every shower you take, you will not have any soap scum, water spots, mold or mildew build up, and you won't have to worry about doing very many deep cleanings any more. This stuff REALLY does a nice job in keeping our shower clean. My family knows when they get out of the shower, they need to grab this (I leave it on the floor of the shower) and give it a quick spray. It has become such a habit for them, they don't even mind doing it now. The scent, however, is a little much at times, but not a big deal. It's very inexpensive to use, too.

Good natural product

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner:

Like other Method products, the Method daily shower natural shower cleaner has the benefit of being natural, biodegradable, and cruelty free. Even it it wasn't effective, these characteristics alone would motivate me to purchase this product.

Pleasantly, however, it is effective. It does a good job cleaning several problem areas. It removes the dirt, scale, mildew, and soap scum, It also cleaned the chrome fixtures without causing discoloration or pitting. I also used in on the glass doors. It did not leave spots and it did remove the hard water spotting.

Because of its natural ingredients, it does not trigger my allergies or trigger asthma symptoms in the other members of my family.

As for aspects that are somewhat concerning; it does have a scent, but it is not noxious like conventional cleaners. Also, it was difficult to spray on or mist, I would guess that this is caused by problems with the spray mechanism, because the failure is intermittent. It does tend to drip when this is happening. Lastly, the product is a little more expensive than conventional products and some natural products.

Great Green Alternative

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner:

For a few years I had been using an automatic shower sprayer that sprayed no rinse shower cleaner in the shower area but it recently wore out and I took the opportunity to switch to a healthier alternative - Method's Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner.

I wasn't sure at first if this would be as effective as the automatic sprayer, but it has worked quite well in the few weeks that I have been using it. I really like that you're in control and so you can spray it to the top of the tiles and the entire shower door so there is no more cloudy ring above where the automatic sprayer could reach.

I'm not in love with the scent, but it's still infinitely better than the one from the automatic sprayer.

I definitely recommend this to those looking to replace their automatic shower sprayer with a healthier alternative. Yes, it's a bit more work since you have to spray it yourself, but I think the health and environmental benefits outweigh the extra thirty seconds I spend daily.

Not so effective shower spray

Comments about Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner:

I have been using this after shower spray for a little over a month and I have not seen anything spectacular about this product. When I saw it at the store I was automatically drawn into this product because it was natural! I loved that I could use a mild product in my bath because I have children. I hate using those cleaners in my house that have very strong chemical smells. This actually still really smells like chemicals. It was pretty gross actually. Also it doesn't really clean your shower at all. It will remove a little soap scum but it is no where close to the effectiveness that other leading shower sprays have. If you get this product because it is more natural just realize that it still has a very strong smell and when I was looking at the ingredients I wasn't thrilled. I did like that this product was cheap. It was very cost effective and it did a halfway decent job. If your looking for a cheap product that does a sub-par job this product is for you!

This is supposed to be a natural cleaner it smelled like chemicals just like all other shower sprays I have used!

Works well and makes the whole bathroom smell great!

from White Plains, NY

Comments about Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner:

Spray everyday and no scrubbing. The smell is amazing and the product is less toxic on the environment and you. I use it every time I shower and it keeps the glass and tub sparkling. I spray it on the marble, glass, chrome and porcelain. You will get addicted to the scent too!

Addicting!

You almost do not need to scrub!!

Smells great, cleans well

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner:

I really really like Method's shower cleaner. I had previously never found a commercial shower cleaner that worked better than my homemade solution of diluted bleach and Dawn detergent, but this one has proved to be better. When put in the elbow grease to clean out a shower and tub you want it to stay that way for as long as possible. This product helps a lot.

Any shower cleaner works better when you're starting with a clean shower. We have actually had an opportunity to test this one 'out of it's element' so to speak on a sheet that got coffee spilled on it (it was nearer to hand than the carpet cleaner). It cleaned the coffee out of the sheet, so I have no doubt it is cleaning scum out of my shower.

This stuff smells fantastic, with no weird chemical smell underneath the perfume. Essential oils provide both the scent and the cleaning power. Volatile oils can make effective solvents, and such is the case here.

Not as effective as I had hoped

Comments about Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner:

I purchased this recently because I had a coupon for this product and it was on sale. I had a different shower cleaner that I had used in the past, but I figured I would give this product a try because I have heard good things about the Method brand. However, I have been a little bit disappointed in its performance. Despite spraying this product in my shower after every use, there is still some build up that I have to scrub at more often than with other products. I probably will not purchase this product again, but I will use the bottle I currently have until it is finished.

This product has a little bit of a minty scent, which is fine. However, there is something about it that makes my nose tingle a little bit, which is a little bit annoying.

Method's Daily Shower Cleaner is a Step in the 'Safer' Direction

from Charleston, IL

Comments about Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner:

Method Daily Shower Cleaner has helped me take one more step on my journey to using all natural household products. When my toddler almost ate soap, I became fearful because I realized I had no clue what was truly in it. I decided to try to begin switching everything over to 'natural' products. I came across this shower cleaner and was elated when I could read the ingredients. I immediately purchased it and set it on my tub- feeling so much better because I knew what was in the bottle. So if you are looking for a descent alternative to the everyday shower spray, but that is much safer, give Method's Daily Shower Cleaner a try.

I'm not too big on the 'fresh' scent of different products but, the scent of the Method Daily Shower Cleaner ended up growing on me after awhile. It was nice to have a 'fresh', clean scent to walk into every time I walked into the bathroom.

not very effective

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner:

I bought the Method Daily Shower Cleaner in the hopes that it would cut down on the build up in between regular cleanings. I like that Method a natural and eco-conscious choice and that was one of the reasons I decided to buy it but I didn't think it was very effective. We used it every day after my shower for a few weeks and didn't notice any dramatic difference in the cleanliness of the tile. The Ylang Ylang is a natural pleasant scent with no trace of "chemicaly" ordors some traditional cleaners have. I could see some people finding it too strong or floral but it didn't bother me. We continued to use the bottle until it was gone but definitely would not purchase again or recommend. In short, it doesn't work.

Method Daily Shower Works Great

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Method Daily Shower Natural Shower Cleaner:

Method Daily Shower works great for in-between deep cleans. I use this everyday and it does wonders. For starters, the smell is great. No harsh scent that leaves you wanting fresh air. I have tried using other products for a daily cleanse and Method is by far the best. There is no built up grime or slimey feel on the shower tiles that other brands leave. I really like that I can find it in stores that cater to the organic and local markets as well as big chain retailers. To me, that means it's a great product that has passed the test at all levels. Daily Shower pairs well with other Method bathroom cleaning products when I do a deeper clean. That's a plus for me because I like to use one brand instead of having to mix and match. Method is a cleaning brand I stand behind and will continue to use. The entire Method brand is great and worth using.