2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

• Available Plans:

Metlife has people who care

I had switched my car insurance to Met-life.  I searched and compared many different insurance companies.  I found that it was very difficult to receive any straight answers from many of the large providers.  The on-line quotes of many of the large providers were never close to what the actual quote would be.  When I spoke with Met-life they answered all my questions to my satisfaction and provided me a quote.  They sat down with me and helped me fiqure out a plan best suited for my needs and type of car.  They explained all the types of coverage and how it affected my premium.  Anytime I had any questions my Metlife agent would get back to me the same day and made sure any problems were taken care of right away.  They also have a great deal of discounts to reward safe drivers.  I have never had any problem with Met-life and can only say great things about them.  Some other insurance providers may be less expensive but the customer service of Met-life is unmatched and well worth the money.

Love u Today,Forget u tomorrow.

I have had Metlife for my family medical coverage and also my home owners and auto insurance for over 8 years. Recently my daughter was driving her mother car. On the way home she was hit my another driver. We went through our insurance company Metlife to recover the repairs of the vehicle. Originally we had brought the vehicle off the lot paid in full. The vehicle was a family vehicle 2004 with very low mileage and in top condition. The usual driving around the neighborhood only. We were planing not to replace it for about 7 years. At first it was hard to believe such little damage and five estimates later Metlife decided the vehicle was a total loss. What ever happen to up front honesty, integrity and doing what is right from (Metlife) a company and its employees. I am incredibly disappointed with Metlife. Ironically the person who hit my daughters, that start all this madness. Their insurance company did more for me and my family finanically and morally than my own insurance company Metlife. Needlees to say I will be change my insurance company asap and never using Metlife again.

Disability insurace is worthless

from Valrico, FL

Comments about MetLife:

Their investigations towards the decision of whether approving a claim or not are very poor. They are very unreasonable, unreliable and unprofessional. They have denied my claims on several occasions and I have had to appeal. The claims are not evaluated in their merits. They do not abide by the contract (policy). They do not respect the due process. I have been without income for months because they take too long to evaluate the claim file. This makes it very hard for me to get my medications and pay for my medical bills. I have not found any coworker who is satisfied with the service from this company. I really wish my employer would get coverage from a better company. Seems MetLife works really hard to deny the claims.
This company shows complete disregard of the contract terms for the coverage and the consequences of their lack of professionalism. Their denial decisions have been unrealistic and offensive to my intelligence. Their appeal process is a joke: they will not provide you a copy of the disability plan, the appeal form is not even two pages long, they do not provide you with the credentials of the MD making the decisions. Also a copy of the file upon which the claim decision was made is only available if requested in writing, delaying the appeal process.

In general terms it is a waste of money.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

denied my claim..And i pay insurence for what?

from boston ma

Comments about MetLife:

metlife loves you when your making that monthly payment. Once you get into an accident they forget who you are. Iv been with them for 13 years, not one accident till this one. I was involved in a car accident. got side swiped. $6000 worth of damage. put in my claim brought car to auto body. then about 3 weeks later they denied my claim. I asked so what happens next? Guy says well we denied it and you have to pay out of pocket. have a nice day. his exact words. Awful company

Horrible Customer Servise

Comments about MetLife:

Horrible customer service. They sent me forms to complete but will not help me fill them out and became abusive with me on the phone. When I stated a fact, they questioned my integrity. Will not invest a single dollar with them ever. They have my money but don't want to help me get it out. I will have to hire someone to get it for me. If you want no help and want be called a liar, then Met Life is for you.

• Available Plans:

Very poor communication with long term customers

Comments about MetLife:

We have had Metlife Auto for many years and they just stopped offering coverage in my state. They NEVER told us that it was coming. They just stopped covering us. Their employees are at least nice.

Customer Service
It took a while, but I did get to a broker for a replacement policy. But had to pay more.

Available Plans
They no longer cover autos in California

Great Company- Met Life

from Trussville, AL

Comments about MetLife:

I have had insurance with this company since 1998. I have had to make several claims, both on Home & Auto. Each & every time, the agents were professional, courteous, and extremely helpful. Each time the payments were made quickly & precisely. I can't say enough good things about Met Life. You only know how good your insurance is, when you have to make a claim. That is how you know you have a good insurance company when you don't have to fight for your claim.

• Available Plans:

Road service limit is a joke! ? ? ? $50 ? ? ?

Comments about MetLife:

I've been with MetLife Auto for over 10 years. I needed a 3.5 mile tow. The total bill was $65. I was informed that the coverage maxed out at $50. I had to pay $15 out of pocket. I see now that ALL other companies max out at higher miles or dollar limits. The tow truck driver said they charge $45 just to hook up, plus a mileage fee. Their average tow is just under $100. MetLife's $50 max is not competitive or realistic. I wonder what other services I will be shorted on in the future. I have lost trust. I am shopping. Bye bye MetLife.

Customer Service
When calling in, pack a lunch, you'll be on hold for a while.

An average company

Comments about MetLife:

I had MetLife for a couple of years for a few different policies. They are not a bad company at all. I liked their products and they were a pretty good price when I signed up. After being in the market for renewals, I decided to shop around and just simply found other companies that could better suit my needs. The policies available were pretty broad in their diversity and I found a perfect match at a different company. The rates were great when I signed up like I said, but I ended up finding better ones elsewhere. I had a few situations where I was helped by customer service and they were always knowledgeable and helpful, never rude or demeaning like some places can be. They seemed happy to help and they definitely did. I would not specifically recommend MetLife, but if you found a policy plan that could specifically meet your needs, they are a good company to be with because you know they will not let you down.

Comments about MetLife:

My father had life insurance with MetLife for many years and I have to say he never had a problem with this company. He was recommended this at his bank when he was looking for a good way to invest his money. My father passed away a little over a year ago and all we had to do was contact the bank and they helped us with everything. I actually was dreading having to try to get everything taken care of but this was the most simple thing ever. All that was involved in the process of it was doing some paperwork and mailing it to them. I highly recommend anyone who is looking for life insurance to give MetLife a try, they are very honest and reliable.

Customer Service
MetLife has the most reliable, honest customer service that I have ever had to deal with. They are so considerate of others and try to help in anyway they can.

Available Plans
MetLife has many insurance plans available such as accident, home owner's, life, auto and health.

• Available Plans:

After my car accident, I change my view about this insurance Co.

from Frisco, TX

Comments about MetLife:

I had an accident back in Oct 2013. I didn't get paid till Jan 2014. I still cannot believe this is happening to me.
We switched from Allstate which we used for 5 years to Metlife becaues they claimed they could get use cheaper insurance rate. We had our two cars and house to be insured with them. I trusted them 100% because of the positive "snoopy" image that they showed on TV commercial.
Then last year, our car got hit in a parking lot by a careless driver. Our front bumper was all dented with fluid leaking. I called the representative who sold us the insurance. He said, "Call the 800 number, they can help you up." This is the first warning sign because when we dealt with Allstate before, our rep would always helped us out. So we called their 800 number and reported the accident. We had to leave a message to a claim manager who would not return message on the same day. Then when we got a call from the claim manager, she said,"Please email all the information to the claim adjustor and go get an estimate." We did not know we can get more than one estimate. So we went to one and they said we only need to replace the bumper. We got the bumper replaced. Never got my money back because they needed me to send my pictures and report to the investigator. Why do I have to do everything? Why can't my rep just handle everything from the beginning? Then to make it worse, we found out later that our radiator went out because of this accident.
To make my long story short, it took them a month to respond to my email with the report and pictures of the accident. The Metlife investigator said he did not get my email. Seriously? I emailed them 3 times and they got back to me a month later saying they did not receive anything???? After making more than 20 calls to the rep, claim manager and claim investigator, they finally decided to pay me back but they refused to pay for the radiator. So now we had to pay $800 on the radiator. I am looking for a better insurance company, maybe I will go back to Allstates. I don't know, I am very sick of these insurance companies, all they want to do is to take your money and ignore you when you have an accident.

Metlife

Comments about MetLife:

Overall we have been pleased with Metlife. We have had our home owners insurance with Metlife for the past 15 years. The rates have been low over the years, but this last year our rates almost doubled for some reason! We called them and got the run around and never really did get an honest answer as to why our rates went up so much. We have been good customers and have no reason for such a huge rate increase. We have never had to file a claim and hopefully we never will, so I can't say that I know anything about their service after filing a claim We have been very pleased with Metlife until the last year. We have been shopping around for a cheaper option for our home owners insurance

Customer Service
Customer service is ok, but the few times that we have had to call them, we have gotten the run around.

Available Plans
We only have our home owners insurance with Metlife, but I know they also offer auto and life insurance, and I think they might even offer health insurance.