Other Dog Foods:

Merrick Puppy Plate Dry Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Merrick Puppy Plate has the quality dogs deserve.

I have used Merrick Puppy Plate in the past, and I was very happy with the results. The ingredients are top-notch, and dogs go crazy for this food. Many dog foods list vegetables as ingredients, but when you read the label you realize there's not that much in there at all. Because labels start with the ingredients they have the most of, by the time you get down to the vegetables, they are usually listed right after things like vitamin E or other minerals. If we or our pets are ingesting vegetables in the same minute quantities as vitamins, are they really doing us any good, or just making the label look better?

With Merrick, they actually have pieces of freeze-dried vegetables in the food, so you can see how much your dog is getting. It's not just a sprinkle of vegetable or fruit powder mixed in with the kibble.

My dogs have always loved this food, but unfortunately the jump in price almost doubled the cost a couple of years ago. I can feed a lower priced quality food, and add my own vegetables, still saving money.

Be Careful

My poor guy kept getting bladder infections (3 in 9 months).  The vet finally came to the conclusion that when he would finish the Hill's Prescription C/D food (that was to help lower the pH level in the urine to disolve crystlas) and we would switch back to Mereck's dry Cowboy Cookout is when my dog would get a bladder infection.  It was 5 days between the first time we switched back to Mereck's before my dog had blood in his urine.  The second time we switched back to Mereck's it was only 2 days before my dog had some serious blood in his urine.  I have been able to feed my other dog (an older female) the Senior variety of Mereck's without an issue.

Great Puppy Food

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Easy To Digest
  • Nutritional

Cons

• Expensive

• Puppies

Comments about Merrick Puppy Plate Dry Food:

With all the different dog food brands it can be difficult to choose one when you get a new puppy. When we got our Westie puppy, we asked our vet and a trainer, and we settled on trying Merrick. It is not the cheapest dog food in the aisle, but the expense is not prohibitive. What we really like about the food is the size of the biscuits. They are truly puppy sized bites and make it easy for our little one to eat them. The ingredients list was also very important to us and we have been happy with the quality. Our puppy always clears his bowl and keeps on licking it, so there have been no problems with him liking the food. Also, he has been very consistent when it comes to going to the bathroom, so it also appears very easy on digestion as well. He is a very fast growing boy with plenty of energy, so it really seems to fill him up. If there were someone who was looking for a new puppy food, I would absolutely recommend Merrick.

Tasteful food that puppies can't get enough of

Comments about Merrick Puppy Plate Dry Food:

My puppies just can't get enough of this food! It has high quality ingredients and they love the flavors.

Quality of Ingredients
This product contains high quality ingredients, which is why I feel good about giving it to my puppies.

Flavor Selection
Most dog food brands don't have much flavor, though this brand does.

Merrick Puppy Plate Dry Food Is Great For Small Dogs

Comments about Merrick Puppy Plate Dry Food:

My puppies likes this food very much.It is a nice price, and well worth it.

Quality of Ingredients
Nice variety of nutrients for their bones, and teeth. Gives them plenty of energy. My animals coat looks shiny, and healthy.

Flavor Selection
I love the selection of different flavors. I will continue to buy this product.

Scarface LOVE'S it

Comments about Merrick Puppy Plate Dry Food:

I have recently changed up the dog food that I buy my puppy Scarface (Pit/Husky Wolf) because he is a very picky dog that is hard to satisfy. lol. I changed up his food 4 times before my husband and I ran across this brand and Scarface loves it. And he is always looking for more even when he and we know that he is full. He really enjoys the taste and I love how it is fit specifically for my puppy.

Flavor Selection
Scarface can not get enough of this yummy tasting food.

• Flavor Selection:

Great dog food, my dog loves it!

Comments about Merrick Puppy Plate Dry Food:

I think its a great dog food choice, my dog seems to like it over other brands that I have bought.

Quality of Ingredients
I checked the ingredients and it wasnt exactly high-end, it has the ingredients of normal dog food suprisingly. I dont see what attracts dogs to it.

Flavor Selection
My dog LOVES it, he just about wont eat any other brand besides this.

• Flavor Selection:

In general Merric is great for picky dog eaters.

Comments about Merrick Puppy Plate Dry Food:

I would love to recommend this product to anyone. My dog is a very picky eater and this is the only thing he would eat. Some of the other flavors he loved. There are even ones where you add water to the dry and it turns it into a cravy like mixture. The canned merric is what I was giving my dog for a while. They actually have whole meat bones in them. Their process is pressurized so the bones actually moosh when touched. Eventually we stopped because he started to get sick from the food. Nothing wrong with it though just not sure why.

• Flavor Selection:

On the way to a raw food diet our puppies were happy on this

from Portage, MI

Comments about Merrick Puppy Plate Dry Food:

We have 2 darling Bichon Frise boys. Bichons are known to have bad allergies, so we decided to avoid corn, soy and low quality dog food. As soon as we rescued our pups we moved them from IAMS over to Merrick Puppy Plate to great reviews from the dogs. They couldn't wait for meal time, and we did not have to throw away any uneaten food. We fed our puppies three times a day until they were over 5 lbs, and then moved to twice a day until they were 6 months old, we then moved them to a raw frozen food diet and they are happy and healthy with beautiful skin and no allergies or hot spots or any other skin issues.

As puppies we would put their food down for a certain amount of time, and then remove the plate. Before giving them "puppy plate" there would always be food left over, but not so with this food. They ate it up and were always happy to see the food at the next meal.

I liked that it had a zip top on the bag so the food stayed fresh. Since our puppies are so small, a 10 lb bag would last over a month, and our finicky boys were not happy with stale food.

Be Careful

from Saint Paul, MN

perfect

from Battle Creek, MI

Merrick Puppy Plate --

We have to change food every couple of months because I guess he just gets tired of the taste Then I moved and it wasn't available. Moved again, and switched back, now it makes my dogs stink. Many pet stores around here won't carry it because its so have tried a few different "healthy" dog foods found in most major store suppliers only to have him turn his nose up at them like isles of most of the pet superstores and was undeniably disguisted by what particularly is certainly in pup food. as well many meals, grain He often also obtained shed stool while using other people no matter what how I phased the brand new foodstuff in. We picked her up on Christmas eve and she' been great for our two kids and for my husband and I. She's had two problems since we've had her.wanted him off that junk and on to a high quality food. Merrick Puppy Plate is great, it contains chicken, turkey and duck as main ingredients along with The ingredients are top-notch, and dogs go crazy for this food. Many dog foods list vegetables as ingredients, but when you read the label you realize

Picky Puppy loves it!

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Merrick Puppy Plate Dry Food:

My mini-dachshund tends to be very picky about what she eats, and this is the one brand that we have found that she will eat consistantly! We had to try about 3 different kinds before finding the puppy plate, and we are going to stick with it! She also loves the canned food.