Other Cat Foods:

Meow Mix Market Select

Pros

Cons

Not Bad Looking for Cat Food

We only had Kitty Kitty for 2 1/2 years.  He actually found us as he meowed up to my husband on a rainy day.  He was wet, shaking, scruffy and had no collar, but he had a sweet face and disposition.  We called to see if a missing cat fitting his description had been phoned in.  It was obvious that someone had owned this cat, but no one called to report him missing and no one called to claim him.  We took him to the vet to make sure he didn't have anything that would hurt us or our dog.  We found out that he was actually between 15 and 17 years old and had severe kidney disease, he also had several missing teeth.  The vet gave him 6 months live, and suggested we either take him to the pound or release him and just let him go his merry way.  Other than his scruffy coat you would have never known this cat was sick, he never acted sick, not ever.  I took him outside and attempted to let him go, to see if maybe he lived in the neighborhood and would go home.  But he didn't want to leave my side.  I went in the house and closed the door, and he came to the door and meowed.  It was clear this cat had chosen us.  There was no way I was going to take him to the pound.  I knew that no one would adopt him and that it would be death sentence for him.

My husband and I decided that since he only had a short time to live that we would take care of him, and give him a loving home with which to spend the remainder of his life.  He lived for 2 1/2 years, he started to look worse especially around the rear end area, then one night he got out and never came back, since he always came back and his name and address and phone number were on the collar I can only assume that he left to find his final resting place.

Now or the review

Since Kitty Kitty had several missing teeth it was difficult for him to eat dry cat food, although he would.  But he obviously needed to eat wet food as well, and it was very important that he eat a lot due to his disease.  I usually just bought him what was on sale on any particular week.  Many Times the Meow Mix Market Selects wet food in a plastic container wre the least expensive of the name brand wet cat foods.

What was also great about this cat food other than the price was the ingredients, Meow Mix Market select is actually made with real chicken, and liver, and instead of adding some phony kind of mixed stuff for the gravy they actually used tuna and fish broth, which of course most cats love.  I usually got him the chicken and liver flavor because this cat loved chicken, when ever I cooked chicken for dinner he went crazy begging me for some.

The ingredients are as follows:

REAL CHICKEN & LIVER IN GRAVY: FISH BROTH, TUNA, CHICKEN, CHICKEN LIVER, FOOD STARCH MODIFIED, WHEAT GLUTEN, CANE SUGAR, CALCIUM SULFATE, DRIED EGG PRODUCT, GUAR GUM, NATURAL FLAVOR, TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM TRIPOLYPHOSPHATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, SALT, CARRAGEENAN, VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENT, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, NIACIN, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENT, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, (VITAMIN B6), FOLIC ACID, MENADIONE SODIUM BISULFITE COMPLEX (SOURCE OF VITAMIN K ACTIVITY), BIOTIN, VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN B12, ZINC OXIDE, FERROUS SULFATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, COPPER SULFATE, CALCIUM IODIDE, SODIUM SELENITE, CHOLINE CHLORIDE, SODIUM NITRITE (TO PROMOTE COLOR RETENTION).

The Meow Mix Market Select With real chicken and Liver comes in a plastic container with a foil lid rather than a can.  The packaging kind of resembles a pudding cup, or one of those new plastic fruit cups.  The packaging seems to be effective though, and I never had any that leaked and the food always appeared to be fresh.  There is 2.75 ounces of food in each individual container.  You can purchase this food in a multi pack or individually, individually they were usually about. 42 per package.

When opening it up it actually doesn't look all that bad.  It looks like chicken and gravy, of course it smells a tad bit fishy but no worse and certainly a lot better than other cat foods we tried.  The chicken reminded me of chicken that I shredded by hand to make soup with.

Kitty Kitty really loved this food.  When he was served can food he would always have some leftover but when we fed him the Meow Mix Market Select in any flavor he would always eat it all up.  So I know he liked it.  Actually when I think about how he used to get pretty exited when he saw the package it is making me kind of sad remembering.

This food helped to sustain a sick old cat and he really loved it.  How can I give a better recommendation than that.

I thought my cats would like it......

But they didn't; not really. I guess they are too hooked on their Fancy Feast. They got a couple of these in their stocking for Christmas and though they ran as hard and as fast as they could when I opened it, when I went back into the kitchen I saw that they had barely eaten half of it. I don't like to leave their wet food out for long, but I went ahead and left it out a little while longer, and they never touched it again. It's unusual because normally they devour their wet food, but like I said, I guess I have ruined them on Fancy Feast. At least they ate some of it, I suppose...they could have just turned their noses up and left it all there to go to waste. Guess I won't be buying this any time soon! (And I'll have to let the Kitty Grandma know that they are too picky for Meow Mix wet food!)

Flavor Selection
I don't buy this, but I have seen at the stores that they seem to have a pretty good variety of flavors for a decent price.

I thought my cats would like it......

from Sevierville, TN

Meow mix market select

Comments about Meow Mix Market Select:

This is some really good cat food! It is fresh sealed and has a really easy lid that peels back. The chunks of meat and seafood actually look like real meat and seafood, not some processed imitation. It smells like real food too which is nice since I have to smell whatever it is my cat is eating. This comes in a variety of different meats and seafood's and is priced very well. I have found this in variety packs as well so you can mix and match what you give your cat. The variety packs will save you some money too.

Quality of Ingredients
Looks like actual meat! Does not look old or processed at all. The sauce it is in is a nice consistency too. This comes fresh sealed and it looks like it was just cooked and prepared prior to sealing. No bad odor when it is first opened either.

Flavor Selection
There are quite a few different meat and seafood combinations. I do not recall seeing any single meats or seafood's, the ones I bought were all combinations of at least two ingredients. My cat has liked every single one he has had so far.

• Flavor Selection:

Affordable and my cat loves it!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Meow Mix Market Select:

Last year, I was in search of a wet cat food for my five year old indoor cat. I was ecstatic when I brought home this food and she actually seemed excited to eat it. My cat has a sensitive stomach, so I was hesitant on feeding her the whole can at once, but she ate it too fast for me to stop her. Wet cat food normally makes her vomit, but in this case, she did not. I was so happy to finally find wet cat food that she likes, and the fact that her stomach can handle it is important to me. I would recommend this cat food to anyone who owns a middle-aged indoor cat with stomach issues.

Quality of Ingredients
I will not say that the quality of ingredients is the best, but you get what you pay for. All that matters it that my cat is okay and her stomach is not hurting. I do wish it had better quality though.

Flavor Selection
Meow Mix Market Select wet cat food comes in a wide variety of flavors. My cat especially enjoys the chicken formula and the fish formula.

• Flavor Selection:

A great treat for our dry food fed cat

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Meow Mix Market Select:

For a variety of reasons, we serve our cat dry food for her main food options. However, we like to treat her about once a week with some wet food options. This is one of our go to wet food treats. It isn't overly expensive, there is a nice variety, it is easy to store and use and most importantly, our cat really loves it. It is a great way for us to provide her with a high quality treat that doesn't have any negative impact on her diet or health. She really enjoys this treat but will still eat her regular dry food without any issues. It also doesn't have any side effects or cause any issues (which sometimes happens when we give her wet food). Overall, a great product especially if you are looking for a treat for your usually dry fed cat.

Quality of Ingredients
This food has decent ingredients. It has less filler then many of the dry foods do, but it is not organic or natural like many of the products are. If you aren't extremely picky about every ingredient, then you are fine as the overall quality (and type) of ingredients is good.

Flavor Selection
They really know cats and what they will like. Our cat must have incredible hearing because she has gotten to know the sound of the foil/cover being opened and zips right next to us every time we are opening it for her treat and gobbbles it right up.

Wet Food My Cats Enjoy

Comments about Meow Mix Market Select:

Meow Mix Market Selects wet cat food is a fairly good food for your cats. The first ingredient in all the flavors is either chicken broth or tuna. It is fortified with vitamins and minerals and meets the AAFCO standards for growth and maintenance.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients in this cat food are better than most found in grocery store brands. The first ingredients listed on all the flavors are real, wholesome ingredients followed by natural and artificial flavors. The Real Turkey and Giblets in Sauce flavor is the only one that contains meat by-products and in this case it is tuna by-product listed as the 3rd ingredient. You can go to the Meow Mix website to read the ingredient list for all the different flavors.

Flavor Selection
There are seven flavors in this line of wet cat food. My cats will only eat the Real Salmon and Crab Meat in Sauce and the Real Tuna with Shrimp in Sauce flavors. Other choices include chicken & liver, chicken & beef, salmon & red snapper, and poultry entree.

Meow Mix Market Select moist cat food

from Ottawa Illinois

Comments about Meow Mix Market Select:

The Market Select was a good choice for our cat the first time we fed him canned food! We gave him only a tiny bit at first and slowly introduced it into his diet. He loved it! There are 4 varieties and he ate the Tender Favorites with real Chicken and Liver in sauce.

Quality of Ingredients
The fats and proteins ratio was good, along with the vitamins and minerals a cat needs. It has taurine which a cat needs for their health. There wasent a lot of additives or food colors to it which is good for the cats health. It also gave a feeding guideline for adult cats and kittens.This would be a good supplement to a dry cat diet, to give a variety of flavors or even as a treat or as a reward, like after coming home from the Vets worked with us!

Flavor Selection
We gave him the Chicken and Liver one that he loved! There are 4 different varieties that you can rotate so there isn't any boredom with their food . When you open the package there isn't an over whelming smell either.

• Flavor Selection:

A Favorite Among My Cats!

Comments about Meow Mix Market Select:

I don't usually give my cats wet food, since it's too expensive. But I've had to recently, so one food we chose was the Meow Mix Market Select. My cats LOVED it! They got so excited, and couldn't get into it fast enough! They would devour the entire container at one meal. The lid is easily removed, so it comes off in one piece, and you can quickly feed your cats without spilling it all over. It has lots of gravy, has chunky, meaty pieces, it smells great, and is very savory. Everything cats love, especially mine! Your cats will love you for it!

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients are fairly good. The combination gets my cats so excited to eat every meal!

Flavor Selection
They have some very yummy flavors that my cats not only really enjoy, but but completely relish, even to the point of trying to procure each others' food! There are currently about five flavors, and my cats love all of them, but it would be nice if they could get a few more.

• Flavor Selection:

This is a treat for my cats

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Meow Mix Market Select:

I have a finicky cat, who makes it clear that he grows tired of the same thing for his meals, even if he likes it, and he has also lost most of his teeth. These little servings satisfy his cravings, and are different from his usual foods that he goes for the bowl quite fast when he hears me open them. He runs up and eats them very fast, so he definitely likes them.

Quality of Ingredients
I think that the quality is a bit higher than I usually give him in his standard food, because there are visible tender morsels, and his enthusiasm means that it tastes good too. My cats also are not being sick right after eating so fast, so it must digest well. Their somewhat sensitive stomachs do well with this product.

Flavor Selection
I noticed yesterday that there are flavors I had not known about before, and this is great when my cat has a picky mood and wants something different. I have also noticed a variety of testures as well, including purees with toppings of tasty seafood and chicken bits that he loves.

• Flavor Selection:

Cat food that looks like actual food

Comments about Meow Mix Market Select:

It's not very often you run across wet cat food that doesn't have the standard look of processed canned meat with an odd color to it. This food actually has shredded bits to it and looks more like actual food; you can see pieces that look more like meat than over-processed by-products. As for the taste; my cats seem to enjoy it and will eat it with no problem. The older of my two cats can usually finish his entire meal so it doesn't weight too heavy on the stomach but does fill them up since they don't come back begging for more food until time for their next feeding. My younger cat really enjoys it and will come looking when I open a can, she seems to know this brand by smell and is eager when she gets the scent. The price is fairly low, overall I think it's a good choice if you're not out to buy expensive canned food but still want to give your cat a treat now and then.

Quality of Ingredients
There seems to be a good look to the food itself, and it isn't just a mess of soft food like most wet cat food.

Flavor Selection
There is a nice range of flavors, most of which my cats will eat, but some have a stronger smell than others.

• Flavor Selection:

Meow mix has good quality and good selection of flavors.

Comments about Meow Mix Market Select:

Well from what I know of cat food and I don't eat it so I can't say for sure I think it is a very good selection of cat food. My cat love's it compared to other wet foods. Other wet foods he will eat, but meow mix he loves. It is a fairly decently priced cat food as well, I think I got it for 47 cents a container at target it is a bit higher at other places though. If he likes it it is good enough for me! And I know that any wet food is better then dry food so I give it a 10!

Quality of Ingredients
It has ingredients that I approve of. And I can pronounce 95% of them.

Flavor Selection
I like the flavor selections, I just wish there were more of them.