Other Cat Foods:

Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

Great quality and value for the money

After having had my cat tried out several brands of dry food over a couple of months, and limiting ourselves only to the Indoor Formula variety, we have decided to stick to Meow Mix Indoor Formula.

It has about the same nutritional value as the most expensive brands that are full of gimmicky ingredients and catchy/trendy words (natural, organic, etc). But it costs a fraction of that and my one-year old cat seems to prefer it over the rest of the competition.

Buy a better cat food, skip the Meow Mix

I have an indoor cat and I bought Meow Mix for years, thinking all cat foods are created equal. Boy was I wrong. Sure, my cat ate Meow Mix, but the nutritional value is severely lacking in Meow Mix. As my cat got older, at age 6, she started having more frequent hair balls and she started throwing up every single day. It was bad, so I brought her into the vet for a visit. My vet looked at her and asked all sorts of questions and asked about her diet. When she found out I had been feeding my cat Meow Mix she said that was the problem. The vet does not recommend Meow Mix at all because of the lack of nutrition and quality. I was told to switch to Iams, a better formula. So, I switched to Iams indoor formula and I immediately saw a change. My cat quit throwing up and coughing up hairballs. I've even noticed that her fur is shinier than before. The difference I see in my cat is remarkable. I never knew how different cat foods are. You really need a quality cat food and Meow Mix is not that. If you have an outdoor cat that you just care for from time to time, then sure, Meow Mix is cheap, but it your cat is your best friend, you must spend a little more for quality to ensure your pet is at optimal health.

My cats like this

from Oakwood Village, OH

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

My cats like Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food. They are indeed indoor cats so when I first saw this in the store I bought it thinking that because of the formula and or ingredients as well as the information on the packaging that it would be good for my cats. The like the taste of it and haven't ever rejected it so I have continued to buy it on occasion over the last year or so. The packaging is very easy to close and roll down after opening so the cat food stays fresh. It has a sourish smell to me personally but my cats seem to like the smell of it as they often just take time to smell their foods before eating it or deciding to not eat it. So far so good Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food has been kept in the variety of cat foods rotation I buy , as I try to not bore my cats with the same food all the time.

Quality of Ingredients
Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food is pretty good as far as quality in comparison to it's price.

Flavor Selection
The flavor selection isn't very many flavors at all.

Great indoor

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

While I do have several cats, most of them are indoor, and I have found that Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food has worked great for me. One of the biggest benefits that I have found to using this cat food is that it has helped minimize the amount of hairballs that my cats have. This definitely makes me happier since it means less clean up. There is a wide variety of meat flavors. Personally, my cats really like the seafood flavors. I never have any problems trying to get them to eat it. Another pro that keeps me coming back to this indoor formula is the fact that it is very cheap, but they do not compromise when it comes to the quality of ingredients that I feed my cats. I am thankful for a company that looks out for my cat almost as much as I do. If you have an indoor cat, I would highly recommend at least giving Meow Mix Indoor Formula a shot. Overall, it is a really great product, and I hope you find it to be as great as my cats have.

• Flavor Selection:

Another great addition to the brand

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

I never quite understood the difference between regular cat food and indoor formula cat food, until I started using this brand. This brand actually keeps my cat's weight under control since he goes outside very little for exercise. The 2 other cat's I have go out some, however they are primarily indoor cat's as well. I like this particular brand for my cats because it is simple, I can understand what is on the label without having to look it up. The cat food itself is very clearly meats and grains, which is healthy for my pets to ingest.

Quality of Ingredients
This product offers high quality ingredients that you can pronounce and understand what they truly are. I am confident I am providing the very best for my pets when I feed them this product.

Flavor Selection
This product offers a very contained selection of different product choices and flavors, which for me makes the decision to continue using it much easier.

• Flavor Selection:

This cat food is terrible.

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

Meow Mix has a lot of dyes and is made up mostly of grains. Not a very high quality cat food and it really irritates my cat's stomach.

Quality of Ingredients
They use a lot of dyes in this food. I have found that the dyes ( I think it is the orange dye in the food) really upset my cat's stomach. When we tried this cat food out, she was so sick! She threw up a lot from eating it.

Flavor Selection
It doesn't seem like there are that many different flavours of this brand of food.

Our cats just love it!

from Savannah, GA

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

We've tried and bought different kinds of cat food before, so far this is the only kind that I don't have to worry of throwing away. We have 2 cats. They just love this food. Their bowl is always clean and empty. We bought some expensive brands before, it breaks my heart whenever they would just smell it and turn away. This cat food is cheap compared to the other brands. This is the only dry food we give to our cats for over a year now. We haven't had anymore issue about cleaning up some vomit after meals or early morning, not really a good greeting specially when you just got up from bed. We used to have problem with hairball too but not anymore.

Quality of Ingredients
Would prefer some more healthy ingredients but my cats love it, who am i to complain.We bought some pricey and more healthy ingredients before thinking that the more expensive the brand is the higher the quality of the ingredients and higher possibility that it would taste good, but our cats wouldn't eat.

Flavor Selection
They have variety of flavors. Our cats love pretty much all of it as long as it's same brand.

Bad choice

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

This product is not good for your cats. I have fed to my cats and they got sick. The ingredients are very poor.

Quality of Ingredients
They use mostly fillers and very little meat. Cats actually need the meat. The first few ingredients are all fillers and has no actual meat which is what cats need the most. The product has been recalled in the past because animals have died. The product needs to be reformatted with better ingredients, especially changing the first ingredient to a meat rather than a filler. When my cats have eaten this they have started throwing up and I had to throw away a whole bag of food. Once I switched cat foods my cats stopped throwing up all the time.

Flavor Selection
There is little options for the flavor selection and my cats prefer more flavor. My cats actually refuse to eat this product. Cats enjoy a wide variety of foods. The options that Meow mix has are very limited and make it hard to purchase for my cats. They especially enjoy chicken flavor.

• Flavor Selection:

Very good for indoor cats

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

I have meticulous long furred cats who frequently bring up fur balls. because they don´t go outside and eat grass as a digestive aid, a formula like this which has greens mixed in significantly reduces vomiting in my cats. That makes their lives a lot happier.

Quality of Ingredients
It must be quality, because the cats consistently like it, and the greens mixed in helps them digest well.

Flavor Selection
Meow mix itself comes in several flavors, but this exact formulation for indoor cats seems to have just one type.

MEEEEOWW Mix

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

My cat loves this brand of cat food and it seems to be gone 99% of the time. I have a 2yr old indoor cat and she comes running when i pull out the meow mix! I have tried other brands and have no seen such results as I do when using this. I have been buying meow mix for many years and it always on sell at the major stores or has manufactures coupon. I usually buy the bag of the 7-8oz and its gone in about three weeks. The actually food is smaller in size then other brands.
While I don't think its the brand with the high nutritional value for a cat its affordable and keeps my cat full and happy. I wouldnt recommend this for very small kittens. The pieces can be very dry at times and hard for the little ones to eat.

Quality of Ingredients
While I have never actually read the back of the package I can guess by price its not the most healthy brand. If my cat not complaining then it is a go for me.

Flavor Selection
There is alot of flavors and varieties My cat goes nuts when I buy the chicken and tuna flavors/

My cats Love It!

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

I have 3 older cats, only one is indoor/outdoor. I've always have had a problem with the cats wanting to chew on green plants. Of course I found out the reason, and had special greens grown for them, but there was still that problem. When Meow Mix came out with "indoor formula" I bought it first thing. The cats not only loved it, but have seemed to quit having cravings to chew on greens. Which I never thought would happen. It must maintain a good balence of what the cats need, because their coats are healthy, and shinny, and they havn't put on alot of extra weight, which is a huge problem with older more sedate cats. And the price is excellent, since I own cats as well as one huge dog, lets face it, cost is always an issue.

Quality of Ingredients
It isn't as good as some of the preimun brand, but it's pretty darn close. My cats are 9yrs, 11 yrs and 14 yrs. and are all going strong. So I'd say Meow Mix has done an excellent job.

Flavor Selection
Got to love the indoor formula. The cats do, and I love the results.

My Cats Love This!

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

My cats love this food! It's a good thing, too, since I can't afford the expensive kinds. They have many flavors, so they don't get bored. We tried other brands, but one brand made one of them sick, so we had to switch back to this one. The get excited when it's time to eat, so I know they like it. They don't like me taking it away, either. Always trying to get more before it's gone. Because it's an indoor formula, it's very good for my indoor cats. It gives them the roughage that they need, like from grass (which makes my cats sick anyway), which they don't get when they're always inside. Glad they found a food they like that's has a lot of the things they need to keep them healthy!

Quality of Ingredients
They're not the greatest, but I can't afford the good cat foods.

Flavor Selection
My cats love all the different flavors Meow Mix offers. They can't get enough of this food. Good thing I could bounce around between the flavors. They seem to really enjoy them!