Other Cat Foods:
Meow Mix
Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food

Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food

• Flavor Selection:

Great quality and value for the money

After having had my cat tried out several brands of dry food over a couple of months, and limiting ourselves only to the Indoor Formula variety, we have decided to stick to Meow Mix Indoor Formula.

It has about the same nutritional value as the most expensive brands that are full of gimmicky ingredients and catchy/trendy words (natural, organic, etc). But it costs a fraction of that and my one-year old cat seems to prefer it over the rest of the competition.

I would use caution when buying this product

We have been using this product for years. We have 5 cats, ranging in age from 1 year to 11 years old. This has been the ONLY cat food we feed our cats. They seem to love it and as they are all healthy active indoor cats, I thought we had a winner. About 5 months ago we purchased a new bag. None of the cats would eat it. I didn't understand. They love this cat food. After 2 days of NOT ONE OF THE CATS EATING, I dumped the bag out on the floor. Included in the food was a HUGE glob of something smelly and greasy. In the middle of this smelly greasy mess was a small rusted wrench. Of course I threw out the food. I put the glob into a sealed baggie (double bagged), cut out the codes for manufacturing the product and sent it to the manufacturer with a letter explaining what happened and I included my purchase receipt. I have not heard a word from them. I think I should have just taken pictures and not sent the items. Their non reply tells me that they do not care about their customers. I do still buy this product as the cats like it so much BUT I now open every bag and check the contents. If it doesn't look right or smell right, I take it back and get a return for it. I then have to purchase another bag. I have tried other brands of cat food and I cannot seem to find one that the cats enjoy as much as this brand. I am disappointed in the Manufacturer. I try to be understanding and patient. One bad bag, from years of buying this product, is still alarming to me.

I would use caution when buying this product

from Sycamore, Ohio

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Good Value
  • Likes It

Cons

• Bad Taste
  • Doesn't Like It
  • Hard to Digest
  • Messy
  • Unhealthy

• Active Cats
  • Everyday
  • Indoor Cats
  • Older Cats

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

She asks for it by name!

from Battle Creek, MI

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Easy To Digest
  • Good Taste
  • Good Value
  • Likes It

• Everyday
    • Indoor Cats

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

My adult indoor cat really likes Meow Mix. We used to give her another brand but she seemed to loose interest. Since we started Meow Mix, she has really enjoyed eating and always finished her meals. This seems easy for her to eat and digest, with less occurrences of hairballs too!

My cats like this

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

My cats like Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food. They are indeed indoor cats so when I first saw this in the store I bought it thinking that because of the formula and or ingredients as well as the information on the packaging that it would be good for my cats. The like the taste of it and haven't ever rejected it so I have continued to buy it on occasion over the last year or so. The packaging is very easy to close and roll down after opening so the cat food stays fresh. It has a sourish smell to me personally but my cats seem to like the smell of it as they often just take time to smell their foods before eating it or deciding to not eat it. So far so good Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food has been kept in the variety of cat foods rotation I buy , as I try to not bore my cats with the same food all the time.

Quality of Ingredients
    Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food is pretty good as far as quality in comparison to it's price.

Flavor Selection
    The flavor selection isn't very many flavors at all.

Great indoor

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

While I do have several cats, most of them are indoor, and I have found that Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food has worked great for me. One of the biggest benefits that I have found to using this cat food is that it has helped minimize the amount of hairballs that my cats have. This definitely makes me happier since it means less clean up. There is a wide variety of meat flavors. Personally, my cats really like the seafood flavors. I never have any problems trying to get them to eat it. Another pro that keeps me coming back to this indoor formula is the fact that it is very cheap, but they do not compromise when it comes to the quality of ingredients that I feed my cats. I am thankful for a company that looks out for my cat almost as much as I do. If you have an indoor cat, I would highly recommend at least giving Meow Mix Indoor Formula a shot. Overall, it is a really great product, and I hope you find it to be as great as my cats have.

• Flavor Selection:

Another great addition to the brand

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

I never quite understood the difference between regular cat food and indoor formula cat food, until I started using this brand. This brand actually keeps my cat's weight under control since he goes outside very little for exercise. The 2 other cat's I have go out some, however they are primarily indoor cat's as well. I like this particular brand for my cats because it is simple, I can understand what is on the label without having to look it up. The cat food itself is very clearly meats and grains, which is healthy for my pets to ingest.

Quality of Ingredients
    This product offers high quality ingredients that you can pronounce and understand what they truly are. I am confident I am providing the very best for my pets when I feed them this product.

Flavor Selection
    This product offers a very contained selection of different product choices and flavors, which for me makes the decision to continue using it much easier.

• Flavor Selection:

This cat food is terrible.

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

Meow Mix has a lot of dyes and is made up mostly of grains. Not a very high quality cat food and it really irritates my cat's stomach.

Quality of Ingredients
    They use a lot of dyes in this food. I have found that the dyes ( I think it is the orange dye in the food) really upset my cat's stomach. When we tried this cat food out, she was so sick! She threw up a lot from eating it.

Flavor Selection
    It doesn't seem like there are that many different flavours of this brand of food.

Our cats just love it!

from Savannah, GA

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

We've tried and bought different kinds of cat food before, so far this is the only kind that I don't have to worry of throwing away. We have 2 cats. They just love this food. Their bowl is always clean and empty. We bought some expensive brands before, it breaks my heart whenever they would just smell it and turn away. This cat food is cheap compared to the other brands. This is the only dry food we give to our cats for over a year now. We haven't had anymore issue about cleaning up some vomit after meals or early morning, not really a good greeting specially when you just got up from bed. We used to have problem with hairball too but not anymore.

Quality of Ingredients
    Would prefer some more healthy ingredients but my cats love it, who am i to complain.We bought some pricey and more healthy ingredients before thinking that the more expensive the brand is the higher the quality of the ingredients and higher possibility that it would taste good, but our cats wouldn't eat.

Flavor Selection
    They have variety of flavors. Our cats love pretty much all of it as long as it's same brand.

Bad choice

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

This product is not good for your cats. I have fed to my cats and they got sick. The ingredients are very poor.

Quality of Ingredients
    They use mostly fillers and very little meat. Cats actually need the meat. The first few ingredients are all fillers and has no actual meat which is what cats need the most. The product has been recalled in the past because animals have died. The product needs to be reformatted with better ingredients, especially changing the first ingredient to a meat rather than a filler. When my cats have eaten this they have started throwing up and I had to throw away a whole bag of food. Once I switched cat foods my cats stopped throwing up all the time.

Flavor Selection
    There is little options for the flavor selection and my cats prefer more flavor. My cats actually refuse to eat this product. Cats enjoy a wide variety of foods. The options that Meow mix has are very limited and make it hard to purchase for my cats. They especially enjoy chicken flavor.

• Flavor Selection:

Very good for indoor cats

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

I have meticulous long furred cats who frequently bring up fur balls. because they don´t go outside and eat grass as a digestive aid, a formula like this which has greens mixed in significantly reduces vomiting in my cats. That makes their lives a lot happier.

Quality of Ingredients
    It must be quality, because the cats consistently like it, and the greens mixed in helps them digest well.

Flavor Selection
    Meow mix itself comes in several flavors, but this exact formulation for indoor cats seems to have just one type.

MEEEEOWW Mix

Comments about Meow Mix Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food:

My cat loves this brand of cat food and it seems to be gone 99% of the time. I have a 2yr old indoor cat and she comes running when i pull out the meow mix! I have tried other brands and have no seen such results as I do when using this. I have been buying meow mix for many years and it always on sell at the major stores or has manufactures coupon. I usually buy the bag of the 7-8oz and its gone in about three weeks. The actually food is smaller in size then other brands.
    While I don't think its the brand with the high nutritional value for a cat its affordable and keeps my cat full and happy. I wouldnt recommend this for very small kittens. The pieces can be very dry at times and hard for the little ones to eat.

Quality of Ingredients
    While I have never actually read the back of the package I can guess by price its not the most healthy brand. If my cat not complaining then it is a go for me.

Flavor Selection
    There is alot of flavors and varieties My cat goes nuts when I buy the chicken and tuna flavors/