Other Toothpastes:
Mentadent
Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide

Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide

Probably the greatest toothpaste ever, but ....

At the risk of sounding overly dramatic, I honestly feel that there has never been a better, more efficient toothpaste than ***Mentadent Advanced Whitening Toothpaste***.  I wish I owned stock in Church & Dwight, the company which makes this stuff.  Especially I appreciate Mentadent when I am traveling and am forced to carry another brand of toothpaste which comes in a more convenient container suitable for packing.  The first thing I do when I get home from a trip is to brush for ten minutes with Mentadent. **THAT'S THE GOOD NEWS!**

Alas, ***Mentadent*** comes packaged in a dual-chamber pump which is supposed to be easy to use.  At one time this was true but I've noticed over the years that dispensing my favorite toothpaste has become a problem.  It does not appear that the mechanism of the pump itself (nor the refills) are at fault; rather the problem seems to be that the two components of the toothpaste (a/k/a the blue stuff and the white stuff) are often of different consistencies.  Sometimes the white stuff is thinner and more fluid than the blue stuff, which means that the white stuff comes out faster.  When I get a refill like that, I sometimes have to abandon the pump and use the refill alone by jamming the handle of my toothpaste under each chamber at a time and pushing up on the cartridges to expell the toothpaste.

**THE BOTTOM LINE:**

I love ***Mentadent Advanced Whitening Toothpaste*** but please, spare us the fancy pump.  Just mix the white and blue stuff together in an ordinary tube like the other companies do.  We'll take it from there!

I need something with a little more AHHHHHHHHH!

***Quick View***: I may be the only person on earth who gets a kick out of trying new and different toothpastes. I have used many and keep on trying more. I want whitening and cavity protection and tartar control and fresh breath. Many can't do all that I want. This one can do some but the fresh breath part? Not so good. ***About Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide* **This toothpaste comes in a white pump container that sits on the sink - or wherever you keep your toothpaste. I like the idea of a pump toothpaste but it is a space hog and tends to get dropped and moved around. I usually keep tubes of toothpaste in a drawer out of the way but this container is too big for that. So it's a plus and minus. You can buy refills for the container which I didn't even know until I was looking at the manufacturer's info for this review. I don't see much of price break though. At any rate, this toothpaste does a good job cleaning teeth and whitening them somewhat. Peroxide and baking soda are very good ingredients but, if you have a cut or sore in your mouth, that peroxide will sting like a bee. The big complaint I have is that the taste is not fresh. It is like baking soda. While I really don't mind the taste of baking soda, my family hates it and will never use this toothpaste. And there isn't an "Ahhh" factor after I am done brushing my teeth. I want fresh breath that makes my mouth come alive and feel renewed. All this does is taste salty. ***My Viewpoint*** **Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide** is not a BAD toothpaste by any means. The pump container is somewhat more hygienic than squishy tubes and it isn't overpriced. The whitening and cleaning are there but the great fresh feeling I get with stronger, minty toothpastes is not. I don't mind baking soda but I would much prefer some zip in the way of strong peppermint or something to wake my mouth up and keep my breath fresh. In all this is an average toothpaste.*** 3 stars***. Buy it if you like large refillable pump toothpastes and baking soda.

Mentadent Toothpaste

from West Portsmouth, OH

Comments about Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide:

I love this toothpaste! I having been using this for many years, along with my whole family. We get excellent dental check ups! I would recommend this toothpaste to everyone. It keeps your teeth white and the minty taste is truly refreshing! I even use it on burns!

Great for sensitive teeth too

from Bell, CA

I have a weird sensitivity to most toothpastes, especially any that claim to whiten or brighten your smile, they have too many chemicals that irritate my mouth and it's rather unpleasant. Mentadent is the only brand that i can use that doesn't seem to give me that problem while still whitening my teeth. I love the added baking soda and peroxide because it really removes plaque and it freshens my breath instantly. I also love the lather and although it's becoming harder and harder to find in stores (luckily I bought a bulk supply the last time around and have plenty left), the dispenser is a bit annoying at times since you can't easily carry it with you and sometimes you end up with one side with leftover paste since it might not always dispense the exact amount depending on how you push down on the dispenser. I really wish they still had this toothpaste in a tube, they did for a short while but i believe they discontinued it but im not sure why since it was so useful and a better price.

not refreshing

from Payne, OH

I used **Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide in the past.I did not care for this product. 1st it is hard to find, I only seen it once in the store. I had a coupon for it. I did not notice my teeth whiten at all. I used it for 14 days. **Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide also leaves a bad after taste in your mouth because of the baking soda. it also had a pump which did not work very well at all. in conclusion, I would not recommend **Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide at all. It does not whiten teeth. It does not freshen your breath. and it leaves a sour taste in your mouth. the pump it comes in can be hard to work. it is more expensive. the last time i was in the store I did not see **Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide on the shelf. ********

do not buy

from New Haven, IN

i use **Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide in the pst and did not like it at all. 1st the tube was hard to use. I mademore of a mess than anything else. 2nd I never felt like my teeth were clean, always feeling gritty after using **Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide. my breath was never fresh. and my mouth never felt fresh. **Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide di not whiten my teeth either, I never noticed a difference. I was in the stoe the other day and I did not see **Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide** on the shelf so I dont know if it has been discontinued or not. it was lo a little pricey for my pcket book. I would ot recommend **Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste w/Baking Soda and Peroxide to any one. I would save my money ad get something else!!********

The best to use

from Powder Springs, GA

Mentadent Advanced Whitening Fluoride toothpase with baking soda and peroxide is my favorite toothpaste to use because it contains two of my favorite natural products in it, baking soda and peroxide. Baking soda is a staple in my home because it has so many uses for it. Before I bought this toothpaste, I would just use the baking soda alone to brush my teeth. Sometimes I would also mix the baking soda with some over the counter peroxide and would brush my teeth using both items. However, mixing both sometimes became a chore when I would be in a rush. When I saw that Mentadent Advanced Whitening Flouride toothpaste had baking soda and peroxide already in it, I was thrilled and immediate bought it. It really works to keep my teeth clean, and fresh and helps my teeth become whiter. I was glad to find the ingriendents that appreciate in a toothpaste that I can use daily without the hassle of making and mixing it myself.

Really does whiten teeth and leave you with fresh breath!

from Epworth, IA

I started using this toothpaste about 3 months ago and have been pleasantly surprised with the results.  Although the toothpaste tastes VERY strongly like baking soda, I do feel that I can see a difference in the brightness of my teeth.  Further, the aftertaste of the baking soda leaves me feeling clean and refreshed.  This products has a two chamber pump and it is not necessary to repurchase the pump each time you run out of paste , instead, you can just purchase refills.  With that said, I have to apply uneven pressure to the pump to get equal amounts of the two sides to dispense at the same rate.  Now that I’ve gotten the correct pressure figured out, it is not that big of a deal, but originally, the first couple of containers that I used ended up running out of product on one side while I still had several days (weeks!?) worth left on the other.  Over all though, I am very pleased with this toothpaste and will continue to use it!

The best EVER!

from Goodlettsville, TN

I started using this toothpaste when I was in High School  and I loved it. Within a few weeks of using it people were telling me how much whiter my teeth looked! This toothpaste works great and makes your teeth super white. It is a big on teh expensive side and I am finding it harder and harder to find in stores but it really does work. It freshens your breath while at the same time giving you the shiny white smile we all strive to achieve. It sure beats trying to put all those whitening chemicals on your teeth and sitting in those trays and strips. This is something you can just brush with twice a day and your teeth will get whiter. I don't know why this toothpaste isn't more widely used. It works great !! Another thing I love about it is the taste. Usually baking soda toothpastes have a nasty aftertaste adn are hard to brush with. Not this one! Its awesome. One challenge I do have it making sure to get both sides of the toothpaste to squirt out of the dispenser evenly, but that's just me!

I totally support Mentadent products!!!!!!!!!!!

from Aurora, CO

We have bought Mentadent products for over 13 years.  My son has never had a cavity and my gum problems have dramatically decreased.  The whitening formula effect is very obvious. The despenser has eliminated the typical "put-the-cap-back-on-the-tube" and "don't-squeeze-the-tube-from-the-middle" things that can create issues in the bathroom.  The despenser is also easy to clean up and put away when company/friends come over.  Since I have been using the Mentadent systems, I found that I no longer have unwanted or unused toothpaste all over the bathroom counters.  I have been empressed by the fact that we do not have to repurchase despensers.  all we have to do is replace the refill. Each refill lasts for about 2 months which makes it very cost effective.  The first buy of the Mentadent system may seem a bit higher than traditional tube toothpaste, but it the investment is well worth the cost.

Mentadent Advanced Whitening Flouride Toothpaste Makes You Want

from Massillon, OH

When you are searching for a whitening toothpaste in your store aisle, look no further than Mentadent Advanced Whitening Flouride Toothpaste with Baking Soda and Peroxide. It is gentle, safe, effective, and will leave you smiling. It comes in an easy pump container that is refillable. If you want  a product that removes plaque, freshens your breath, and whitens amazingly, then choose Mentadent Advanced Whitening Flouride Toothpaste. You will see a difference after just one use of this amazing product. Don't be confused by al of the other whitening products on the market. Choose Mentadent!

I highly recommend Mentadent Advanced Whitening Toothpaste

from Brownwood, TX

I have used Mentadent Advanced Whitening Flouride Toothpaste for sometime.  It is handy to use and is a very effective dental hygiene product.  Not only does it contain toothpaste but also, mouthwash in one easy to use container.  I am a smoker and it is an awesome asset to keeping my teeth white.