Other DVD Players & Recorders:
Memorex
MVD2022
Memorex - DVD Player

Memorex - DVD Player

Only lasted for a dozen plays

from Decatur, GA

Comments about Memorex - DVD Player:

I bought this DVD player because I'm unemployed and couldn't spend a fortune.  I like that price and the low-profile design, but I found that the remote didn't reach the device well and it stopped playing after only six plays.  Unfortunately, I don't watch many DVDs and by the time it broke, it was out of warranty.  Not a good investment.

You get what you pay for in this one!

from Overton, TX

Comments about Memorex - DVD Player:

So, you want to buy a DVD player and save some money in the process? Well, you better think twice on this one....**Lacks in quality and features..**I've been around the DVD player world and back. After my travels, I've decided that, especially on newer players, 2 features are a must, and this player has neither. Need #1: Some sort of upconversion system. Most newer players have 1080i upconversion or at least some technology used to improve a DVD movie's quality to keep up with todays HDTVs. Need #2: HDMI and digital optical output. HDMI is the connection that everything is going to. Would you buy something that is outdated while its still in the box? And, digital optical out is necessary, not because its better than digital coax, but because it's more universally used and will interface with more TVs and home theater systems.**Built very poor..**I know of 2 people who bought this unit and both of them had problems at around 3 months. Good thing for the manufacturer that the warranty is only 90 days! And don't even try to call them, you'll just be wasting your time. Give this player a whirl. Go to the retailer and just do something simple such as eject the tray and listen to the grinding noise. Push a few button and notice the cheap feel. This unit is NOT quality!!

Easy to use.

from Panorama City, CA

Comments about Memorex - DVD Player:

While this player was given to me as a Christmas gift, I must say that I have had no problems with it. It is much faster than I thought, and plays more than just DVD's. It is quick to load, and quick to respond to the handset. While it is not that expensive (I'm a comparative shopper), I can safely state that it well surpasses the "cheap" models. The quality is good for the money.