3.3

Memorex - 1-disc DVD Player with MP3 Decoder/Progressive Scan Output

3.3

Memorex DVD - Good Budget DVD Player

from Oconomowoc, WI

Comments about Memorex - 1-disc DVD Player with MP3 Decoder/Progressive Scan Output:

I just needed a basic dvd player to connect to my older small tv in the extra bedroom, for when my nieces and nephews come over and want to watch a movie, while the rest of us are downstairs talking. I found this, and ordered it through BBY. Got it in, and started it up, and everything worked just fine.

It plays perfectly fine. The picture is normal DVD quality. It plays any DVD I have thrown into it, so no issues there. It has component and composite video, so it is versatile enough to work with newer tvs and older generations. The remote is small, and actually has a pretty good range, better than my old hi def dvd player from toshiba. This was actually pretty important to me because of how the room is setup, so I don't have to get up depending on where I'm sitting.

This DVD player definitely does the job, and is a good price for what you get, basic DVD playing capabilities. If that's all you want, this one will be quite sufficient for you.

The remote has some buttons in odd places. Also, the remote doesn't have the greatest range.

• Playback Quality:
  • Sound Quality:

basic fully functioning dvd player

from Grosse Pointe, MI

I bought this player in pink from a supercenter type store and it was probably one if the least expensive ones on the shelf. it has never given me any trouble and works great! the remote is kind of small but i was able to program my tv remote to it and i use it that way.

Spend the extra money and get a better DVD then the Memorex

from Cambridge, IA

I bought this product because it was cheap and small and I only needed it for my bedroom. Just a nice little DVD player to watch a late night DVD on after the baby went to bed...it was supposed to be relaxing. But it wasn't it ended up being a big pain in the butt. The first one I brought home the remote wouldn't work for the life of me...and what good is a DVD player in the bedroom without a remote right? I changed the batteries four times just to make sure it was the remote and it was. Took it back and got another of the same product thinking to myself 'well maybe that one was just a dud' When I finally got the thing on and working I realized that there is a lot I don't like about this particular player. First off you can only pause or stop for about 2 minutes before the player automatically turns off at which point you have to restart the whole thing. THEN once you start it again you have to go to scene selections and rewatch all the beginning programming to get back to where you were on the DVD! I've found this product to be extremely frustrating and I wish I would have spent the extra money to get a better player.