Other General Household Cleaners:

Pros

Cons

cool

from jasdem

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient

Cons

• Heavy

Very -ool

Eco-friendly and smells fantastic!

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Melalueca Tough & Tender:

I am so happy to have found Melaleuca products. They are truly exceptional and smell unbelievably clean. They work as well or better than their counterparts in the mainstream stores and boast about the ecologically friendly properties in the ingredients. Tough and Tender in particular is one of the products I especially like. It is a good strong cleaner that is very tough on dirt, but just like the name says, extremely gentle on surfaces. I use this product for kitchen and bathroom cleaning. I have to admit that I would use this product for everything if there weren't another Melaleuca product that I like even better though. I would highly recommend this cleaner for all types of regular household cleaning jobs. It works extremely well, it smells excellent and when used to mop the floor, you don't even need to rinse it. The cleaning products are all concentrated, so they are an exceptional value. You get about 6 times worth of the actual bottle size when you purchase Melaleuca stuff. You do have to mix them with water in your own spray bottle (which I find to be a bit of a nuisance), but since the product is so exceptional, I don't have any problem with the extra step.

Safe for nurseries and the best granite cleaner I've ever used

Comments about Melalueca Tough & Tender:

My church uses Melaleuca's Tough and Tender Cleaner in all of our nurseries and it is natural and not caustic. It has the cleanest, freshest, most natural smell and I never feel like it is too caustic or overpowering to use around babies. Another amazing secret is that it polishes my granite countertops like no other! With granite, it is a very tricky game because it does have a sealant on it and many cleaners are not safe to clean granite with for caution of the sealant being broken. With tough and tender, I never worry about the granite sealant and I trust it to clean my countertops as good as anything else ever could.

It doesn't "cut into" grease or stains, so I would definitely clean my countertops with something that does if that was my aim. Whatever I use to clean my countertops, I always follow it up with tough and tender cleaner for a shine and gloss like none other.

The smell is amazing. It is all natural, too.

I LOVE this stuff!

Comments about Melalueca Tough & Tender:

I was first introduced to Melalueca's Tough and Tender when I started work for a cleaning service. Now it is just about the only cleaning product I use in my own home. It cleans just about everything. I use it for the kitchen, bathrooms and floors. It doesn’t leave a film on my floors like some other cleaners, and it actually gives my tile floors a shine that other cleaners don’t. It works wonders on the greasy messes in the kitchen. Tough and Tender actually cuts my kitchen cleaning time in half since I don’t have to spend 10 minutes scrubbing a caked on mess on the stove. Just spray a little Tough and Tender, wait a minute (or clean another spot) and come back and wipe it off. It tackles soap scum like a pro. I’ve also used it to wash the car. It cleaned bird messes and sap with ease. And the greasy tires were no match for Tough and Tender. I especially love the fact that the smell is very gentle and mild. I'm very sensitive to smells, especially chemical smells. This is very mild and leaves the room smelling clean and fresh. It’s a must have product for anyone with allergies.

Awesome!

Fresh, clean and mild.

Melaleuca: Natural and Effective

Comments about Melalueca Tough & Tender:

I was really impressed when I used Melalueca's Tough & Tender for the first time.

This is because for a few years now, I have tried to make the switch to more natural cleaning products. Many times I have found that you end up sacrificing effectiveness when you give up the toxic ingredients that seem to make mainstream products work so well. This is absolutely not true with Melalueca's Tough & Tender.

This product works amazingly well. And you can use it for much more than just cleaning the bathroom. Kitchen sinks, stoves, counter tops are also easier to clean with Tough & Tender. While other natural products require harder scrubbing, this product actually requires less, and easily cleans away dirt, grime, mildew, and whatever else you need to clean.

This product comes in a concentrated form that you mix with water in an empty spray bottle, so it actually a longer time than you might think from looking at it.

Great natural product at a pretty reasonable price!

Very necessary product to use for household/daily cleaning!!

Comments about Melalueca Tough & Tender:

I started using melalueca about two years ago and love most any of their products. The tough and tender is an awesome cleaner and works well with getting your counters or any surface you use it on very clean. This brand also takes out some of the harmful ingredients as well so it is a better cleaner in that aspect as well. It has a really nice smell and is not over powering either. Since it is concentrate it lasts much longer then a bottle of cleaner bought in store that is ready to use. The small bottle I have I have had for about a year and it still have a few more bottles I can make before the bottle itself is gone. It is well worth the money you would pay for this item even though it may cost a little more then store brands. In reality if you figure out how much you spend on a bottle in the store versus how many bottle you can make of the melalueca it works out to not a big difference in price plus it lasts longer.

Basically the ONLY cleaner used in our home

from Goose Creek, SC

Comments about Melalueca Tough & Tender:

We've been a Melaluca loving family for years now. And I'm STILL just as in love with Tough and Tender as I was when I first discovered it, if not more so. You mix like a 1/4 of a bottle of solution with water to make a large spray bottle worth of solution. It is safe for me to use around my kids and gentle enough that if (God forbid) they ingest any or get it on their skin or eyes, I'm not worried. And yes, it has happened. I use it to clean counters, mirrors, kitchen table, windows, anything and everything I can think of! It works WONDERS and I KNOW my home is clean AND safe for all of our little ones. It is really good at loosening stuck on ffod from dishes or the table, but I also clean crib rails and door knobs with it, because I know its safe. The ironic part? I can use it to clean my bathroom because it's safe AND HIGHLY EFFECTIVE! MY friends equate the way I use Tough and Tender to the way the dad in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" uses windex. If something spills they're like "Oh, better get the Tough and Tender!" My love for this product is BEYOND obvious to anyone who knows me.

My favorite cleaner!

from Aurora, CO

Comments about Melalueca Tough & Tender:

This is my favorite cleaning product of all time.  Why do I love it so much?  Because it cleans well without the harsh chemicals - it is amonia, chlorine and phosphate- free.

I use it to clean all sorts of different surfaces in my house - kitchen counters and sink, the refrigerator, bathroom counters and sinks, my daughters high chair tray, our wood table.  It is so versatile - I have never had any problems using it on any surface that I have tried.

Another reason I love Tough and Tender is because I have two young children who are putting their mouths on everything and anything they can find around our house.  When I clean with this, I do not have to worry about having harsh chemicals on surfaces that they can ingest.

The bottle is 6x concentrate meaning you mix a small amount (2.7 fluid ounces) of the concentrate with water (13.3 fluid ounces) - so one bottle of Tough and Tender concentrate makes about 96 fluid ounces worth of cleaning solution!

I highly recommend this product - it has been a tried and true favorite for many people in our family.

Melalueca Tough & Tender: tough on messes, tender on your wallet

from Honolulu, HI

Comments about Melalueca Tough & Tender:

Melalueca Tough & Tender cleaner's name says it all. This cleaner is gentle on skin, I never got any skin irritation from it like I have gotten before from other products. It is also great for the budget-conscious folks out there. The little bottle, availiable through Melaleuca's mail order program, is a concentrated product. Most cleaning products are half product, half water. Can you believe that they are charging you extra for something that comes out of your kitchen sink?! Melaleuca sells their products concentrated, or sans-water. You mix the product and the water yourself, in their easy to measure bottles, and the cost comes out much more wallet friendly than other products! The product is made from all eco-friendly chemicals, so it won't harm the environment. It's also better for your pets and children, since they use gentle chemicals instead of the harsh ones that leading brands use. By the sound of my review, you may be thinking that this product is weak, or doesn't work. This all purpose cleaner may not remove stains from bathroom tiles or crayon from walls, but it sure does cut through every-day messes like juice spills, mud, etc. I advise you to try this product, you'll love it!!

The Best all around cleaner I have ever used

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Melalueca Tough & Tender:

This is the best product I have ever used for all around cleaning. It is low-odor and much safer than bleach for disinfecting the kitchen. One bottle of concentrated Tough and Tender makes four full sized bottles making it very economical. I have tan/cream countertops and any Kool-aid or colored juice was always difficult to remove. Now, I just spray the Tough and Tender on the spot, wait a few moments and it wipes away. No scrubbing, no fuss- just wipes off. I also use this to clean out my microwave spills and my smooth top stove. It cleans just about everything. Quick, easy and fast. I keep a bottle under all of my bathroom sinks, one under the kitchen sink and one in my trailer. I did not realize how much work the other products really were until I got the tough and tender. This is the one cleaning product I use everyday and now cannot imagine how I ever survived without it. Safe, simple but tough on stains and dirt.