Other Building Sets & Blocks:
Mega Bloks 80-Piece Maxi Bag

Mega Bloks 80-Piece Maxi Bag

Pros

Cons

Many years of fun from young to old

Our family had lots of fun with these blocks. we have had many kodak moments, of building structures. Many toddler sized castles aprox 2-3ft high, we also invested in mega blocks railroad towns availible for purchace.( not sure if the railroad is still avail.) over the years we 'in all" owened approx 10 bags for three children, and made some children very happy when we passed them on a few years back. My only bad thing I can say is if you purchase a bag that has the blocks with Tires ,I had to remove them(the tires that is until the children got older.)-Chokeing hazard for young children.

Mega Bloks are fine for a young sorter and stacker.

My daughter received Mega Bloks as a gift when she was still far too young to play with them. I had reservations about them because I expected my family to be Lego all the way, but am not one to turn down free items. As soon as she was old enough for building toys, my parents purchased a set of Duplos meant for her age group to keep at their house and offered them to the baby. After she played with both brands, I immediately saw the advantages of the Mega Bloks. At ten months old, my daughter could not push the Duplos together without help because they fit much more tightly. She couldn't really take them apart, either, beyond knocking over whole stacks. In contrast, the Mega Blocks connect rather loosely, so she was able to put them together and take them apart easily.

She loved pouring the blocks out of the large, zippered bag, and we used them to teach her the names of colors. Sometimes she put them back so she could dump them out again. Although she enjoyed her Mega Bloks very much, we eventually became a Lego family, as I thought we would. The Mega Bloks don't hold together well enough to build anything complicated, and even the things you can build will fall apart if you try to move them around. But a young toddler doesn't have the attention span to build intricate structures, so they were fine until my daughter was about 16 months. For a child occupied with stacking and sorting, these blocks are adequate.

love love love these!!!

Comments about Mega Bloks 80-Piece Maxi Bag:

...Where do I start?! these blocks are AMAZING!!! My two year old son has been playing with these blocks since he was around nine months old and he absolutely adores them! With these blocks there is no end to his imagination he likes building everything from stairs to giant castles for his little toys! They're easy to hold and they fit together very nicely, unlike some other blocks that he has that require too much fuss. They're very vibrantly colored which makes them extra fun to play with! They're VERY durable and I don't say that lightly those blocks have been through everything and I have still yet to find one broken or need to throw one away! They're easily washed by being put into a bucket of soapy water and sitting for an hour or two then lying spaced out on a towel to dry! These blocks are a staple in his everyday play they really help to bring out his imagination and keep him busy for long periods of time! We have bought many different sets of blocks from this brand and have yet to be disappointed...and we fully intend to buy many more of these lovely blocks in the future! I definitely recommend these to anyone with young kids they really are great blocks!

My boys love it!

Comments about Mega Bloks 80-Piece Maxi Bag:

My parents bought these for my two boys for Christmas last year. My boys are now four and two years old. They love them and have loved them ever since they got them. They play with them building towers, roads and bridges. I like how they fit together to minimize frustration with their buildings falling apart. I think they are also a great stepping stone to Legos when they get a little older. It's also a great way for them to work on their manual dexterity. The only thing that is a slight issue is that they are hard. It becomes a problem when my boys get a little rambunctious, but that will just force them to learn to be gentle when playing with their toys. Overall, I think these are a great toy for any child, boy or girl, to promote imagination and dexterity. The carrying case also makes it easy to store these blocks so they are not all over the floor. And it makes it easy enough for my boys to pick up and put away the blocks all by themselves.

These are a great toy for younger kids!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Mega Bloks 80-Piece Maxi Bag:

I love toys that help with making a child use their imagination. These blocks help them to be creative. When my kids were younger they loved playing with these blocks quite a bit. The 80 piece bag of Mega Blocks are great! It has just the right amount of blocks in it. They can create so many things with these. I really like that they come in the zip up bag. It makes them easy to store and great for on the go. They stack into each other really well. They can make really tall towers and small projects as well. They come in the primary colors and they are nice and bright. These are a lot of fun. I know that you can buy these in pastel colors as well for girls. These make a great Christmas or birthday gift. These blocks are nice and sturdy as well. They went through both of my kids and were still in good condition to hand down to my niece. I would buy these again. They are a good price and will last you for awhile.

Great Building Toy

Comments about Mega Bloks 80-Piece Maxi Bag:

These are great toys for kids under 5. My daughter started playing with them at around nine months. I this time it was more putting them in cups and pulling them apart. Now that she is 18 months so is learning how to stack them together and know them over.

They are quality made. They are easy to put together and easy to pull apart. At the same they stay together well. They do not become loose and fall apart easily.

My only complaint about the mega blocks is the cost. They can be pretty expensive. I would recommend trying to find some used, to help save money. You also do no need all the fancy kits, especially when they are young. The kids do not know the different between a certain set and any other basic set. The other thing is you need quite a few pieces if you want to build anything big. So, keep that in mind when you are thinking about how many you may need for your child.

I think mega blocks are a great toy that will last over many years.

Great Blocks for Little Hands

Comments about Mega Bloks 80-Piece Maxi Bag:

We've had this set for a few months. But Jenna hasn't started getting the concept that they go together until recently. But she has always liked playing with them anyways, especially when I or my husband help her build things and let her knock them over. She's a whole year old now and absolutely loves playing with these blocks and is starting to try to put them together. They're just the right size for her hands and are easy to put together and take apart. She loves trying to put things together and take them apart. She especially likes knocking something over that I've built for her. But our absolute favorite part about this set is the bag. Everyone knows that kids like the packaging more than the actual toy that's in it. I like the zippered bag. It's great for storing the blocks all in one place. Jenna likes playing with the bag. Part of it is see-through and she thinks it's funny when I put it on my head and look at her through it making faces and giving kisses on the plastic. Little kids are so funny.

Durable, but some pieces don't fit together well.

Comments about Mega Bloks 80-Piece Maxi Bag:

These Mega Blocks were given to us as a gift for my young kids. They love them! My 18 month old is constantly stacking them up on top of each other as high as she can build it. My three year old likes to build buildings and towers. These blocks are very durable, easy to clean, and lots of fun. The only thing that I don't like about them is that they don't fit together well sometimes. Some blocks when stuck together will stay together if lifted by the top block. Other blocks when stuck together will fall if lifted by the top block. This little detail can cause great frustration for little ones who work real hard to build things and then when they pick it up to show you, it falls apart. Otherwise, these are great blocks for the price. The fact that they don't fit together well can be a positive thing as well when little ones want to knock towers over. They'll be around our house for a long time.

Hours of safe fun for your little ones!

Comments about Mega Bloks 80-Piece Maxi Bag:

I love these blocks! I have a 14 month old son that is super active and loves to play and figure out how things go together. These blocks are perfect for little ones figuring out how things work and that just want to play. Its also super easy to play with them.

Great first building set.

Comments about Mega Bloks 80-Piece Maxi Bag:

The Mega Bloks 80-piece maxi bag is a great first building set for small children. The large size of the blocks makes it easy for them to build with ease. My children loved playing with these and now they've been passed down to my niece who likes them just as much. It doesn't always hold her attention for long but still, this is the toy she always goes back to. I would recommend.

Perfect for younger children and babies

Comments about Mega Bloks 80-Piece Maxi Bag:

I bought these blocks for my son when he was learning to crawl and he immediately took to them. He initially moved them from box to box, marveling at the colors and shapes.
When we moved from Colorado to Hawaii, we took a stack of these with us. They were a great distraction in the airport and he spent countless hours stacking them and pulling them apart in the hotel. He is almost 2 now and this is still his go to toy. We've spent hours building strictures. We sort them by size or color. When we sort the colors, I will tell him what color we are stacking and have him repeat the word. So far he can say "red" and "blue."
We take these blocks everywhere with us! They are super easy to stack and tuck in the diaper bag. They are a good size too! You don't have to worry about the blocks being a chocking hazard and since they are a little bit bigger, they are easy to clean!
I have found these blocks to be not only a great toy, but a learning tool as well!

Hours of Fun

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Mega Bloks 80-Piece Maxi Bag:

I bought this set for my 2 year old daughter and she LOVES them. She spends hours a day playing with this set. In the beginning I though 80 wouldnt be enough but trust me it is. I actually went and bought a 2nd set for my moms house since she liked them so much. They are durable and easy for little ones hands to handle and they stack and unstack perfectly and easily. I would definitely recommend these.