2.5

Medtronic Neurostimulator

2.5

Medtronic nerve pain stimulator

Comments about Medtronic Neurostimulator:

The nerve pain stimulator has in my opinion caused me to have tons of seizures, make my legs so numb, tingling that I can not walk, drive, I piss on myself a little, it takes 5 hours 2 to 3 times a day because it burns me from the inside and tells me to stop, so I charge it more hours a day than i should, they told me charge it 1 time a week which was true for about 7 weeks, it never stays stimulating the right areas, always having to reprogram it that cost thousands, and all of these things started after I had this implant installed in November 2014 and it is December 2015.

Electro-therapy blocking pain to the brain

from Dodge, TX

Comments about Medtronic Neurostimulator:

*I have had the Medtronic Neurostimulator for 1 year now. It is a pretty good device but there are several draw-backs to it. One must be fully aware of what they are getting into prior to having one implanted. This is the reason that you are supposed to undergo a 2 week trial of an external stimulator before the permanent one is placed. They are used for many areas, not just the spine. The can be used for the wrist all the way to the ankle. There are also a couple different MFG'S of the stimulator, not just Medtronic. I believe the other is ANS. ( not absolute) Medtronic is what I have though.*

*My stim was placed in March 2009 by my neurosurgeon. At the time, I was a bit heavier and he did not compensate for me losing weight when the internal battery was placed in my buttock. So as the 40+ lbs came off, the battery shifted to the crack of my buttock and made it impossible for me to charge the battery with the external charger. Also. the unit worked well with the pain in my legs and hips but did not cover the fused area of my spine. This is a MAJOR problem. So I had changed Pain Mgmt Dr.s and requested to have to battery moved and a revision of the stimulator to enable coverage of the fused areas. (let me back up) There are multiple sizes of actual units that can be placed to connect the wires to the battery. I had the largest unit. My new pain doc and rep from Medtronics decided they would try something different with me. So, the original unit was disconnected and new leads (wires) were placed at the bottom of my unit then connected to the battery. Unfortunately a nerve @T11 was cut during the surgery :'''(( Needless to say I still have no coverage over the fused area.*

*OK, Long story short, It is my opinion that the Neurostimulator is INEFFECTIVE for fused areas. After 2 implants I still have no coverage for the main location needed. I recommend it for general pain areas such as Carpal Tunnel, and RA etc.. *