3.3
Medtronic
Medtronic Minimed Insulin Pump

Medtronic Minimed Insulin Pump

3.3

I would never go back to shots!

*[A very dependable insulin pump!!! Great customer service as well][1] *

I am a  type 1 diabetic and have been on this pump for 4 years and Iknow many many other people on this pump as well. It is very dependable,comes in a variety of colors and the company behind this pump 100 percent! It has regulated my diabetes with more accuracy than the shots. I am a very brittle diabetic with lowes down to 24 and highs over 1000 and since on the pump have not had these issues. it is awsome behond words to desribe the freedom of wearing a pump. You can snck as apposed to the shots where you can only eat every four hours. the company will help with trouble shoot any problems and even replace the pump if it seems not to be working correctly. they provide excellent education about the pump and how to opperate it.they answer all questions as well. I would never go back to shots now that I have has the pump!

would highly recommend!!!!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/medtronic-minimed-metronic-insulin-pump-review-477f

Buy your insulin pump somewhere else!!!!

Medtronic has been one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with - bar none. Their customer service people are arrogant, rude and unknowledgable about their own business. I have been using their insulin pump (Paradigm) for two years, and have had multiple problems - both with the unit itself and with the company in trying to resolve the issues. They are obviously the "goliath" in this industry, because they couldn't care less about keeping you waiting for long periods on the phone, returning your phone calls, or resolving customer complaints. The pump I received from them had to be exchanged within the first six months due to the fact that it was malfunctiioning. I have continued to have problems with the replacement pump also. A word to the wise: CHECK OUT THE COMPETITION BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR PUMP FROM MEDTRONIC! There has to be a better product, and more importantly, a better COMPANY out there somewhere.

Life saver!

Comments about Medtronic Minimed Insulin Pump:

I love my minimed. Numerous times, it has literally saved my life! As a type one diabetic, insulin is critical for me. The pump allows for seamless delivery. Using the Continuous Glucose Monitor, I have 24 hour peace of mins knowing my sugar levels at all times. When ever I need more insulin, I just dial up and adjust. Need less? I can change my settings during workouts to cover for my exercise.

A very dependable insulin pump!!! Great customer service as well

from maryville, TN

Comments about Medtronic Minimed Insulin Pump:

Actually my daughteris type 1 diabetic and has been on this pump and we know many many other kids on this pump as well. It is very dependable, and the company behind it is awsome to help with trouble shooting or any questions as well.

would highly recommend!!!!

medtronics- product is ok, company SUCKS!!!!!

from Milbank, SD

Comments about Medtronic Minimed Insulin Pump:

I have had an insulin pump from medtronics for about 6 yrs now, and every time I reorder supplies, I get the same runaround. They forgot to charge me one time, 9 months later they tried to charge me double. They always freeze my account for money I owe, That I was never contacted about. Do yourself a favor and look into a differnt brand of pump.

Medtronic sucks

from Dripping Springs, TX

Comments about Medtronic Minimed Insulin Pump:

Pay attention to when the warranty runs out.  After that, you can't get your pump fixed.  The only thing you can do is buy a new one.  Medtronic will call you the day after the warranty runs out to "help" you upgrade!!!  I haven't even finished paying for this one and now it doesn't work correctly and all I can do is buy another one.  This sucks.  Pick another pump supplier.

Money Money Money.

from Oakley, UT

Comments about Medtronic Minimed Insulin Pump:

This unit has more than been a lifesaver, but please note this will cost you more than you ever thought in the end.  When you used to by insulin and needles, now you need tapes, insulin, cannulas, reservoirs, inserters, sensors, sensor inserters.  What went from being expensive is outrageous now.  I can tell you that in the worst time in the economy mimimed thinks it is a great time to up the prices of their items.  It has made me go back to doing shots as they make it unaffordable.  Crazy to say but Minimed went from being the best to the worst thing in my life as they are relentless on pricing.

Are you kidding! Yeah! Medtronic Sucks!

from Kokomo, IN

Comments about Medtronic Minimed Insulin Pump:

Keep in mind that pumps are machines and they will fail. We keep getting remanufactured pumps. We have TWO kids on pumps and are NOT new to the process. My 17 yr old was 6 when she was diagnosed and my 6 yr old was 3 when she was diagnosed. We have more experience than a lot of the customer service reps. They are not helpful getting pre-authorizations and informing us when there is a problem. They botch shipments, they send partial shipments. They are jeoporadizing the health of our kids and DO NOT return our phone calls. Yes pumps are better than TAKING shots but what good is the pump when it fails to deliver the required insulin and you check your kid's sugar and it is 300-something or you do not have adequate supplies and have to go back to giving shots? As soon as our insurance approves the use of a new pump sometime at the end of the year we will go somewhere else and will encourage anyone else to do the same. Not happy!

Buy your insulin pump somewhere else!!!!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Medtronic Minimed Insulin Pump:

Minimed Medtronic Insulin Pump is TRUELY A LIFESAVER!

from Lubbock, TX

Comments about Medtronic Minimed Insulin Pump:

I am currently using the MiniMed Medtronic Paradigm Revel Insulin Pump. This is their most current model. I am also using the Continuious Glocose Monitor along with it. They work hand in hand together. Comes with all of the bells and whistles. Lets say for instance its 3am and I am asleep, it will alert me that my sugar is dropping 30 minutes before it happens. This works the same if my sugar is rising also.

It has amazing graphs and all kinds of alerts. I truely believe this insulin pump is the best thing ever and that it is a lifesaver. It has been for me!

Also, the people at MiniMed are unbelievable! They have the best customer service and work with your insurance. Great group of people!

I really don't know what I would do without them!

The minimed metronic insulin pump is a very dependable pump.

from Portland, OR

Comments about Medtronic Minimed Insulin Pump:

My youngest daughter has type 1 diabetes and uses the Minimed Metronic insulin pump.

She's had this pump for a little over 2  years now and it has been running just fine.  What's nice about this pump is that it uses regular batteries and not special ones that you have to order from the company which was expensive and time consuming.  The infusion sets that the pump

uses haven't had any problems with kinking.  The company reps have been wonderful to work with.

I would never go back to shots!

from Tucumcari, NM