1.8

1.8

Pros

Cons

media com is good

hi all, i am switching from direct tv to mediacom. i goa a bundle deal for phone,i have a land line,tv and internet connection that is 30 dollars less than what i was payind with qwest. qweat has quality, and good service no complaints there. but it was just too much. mediacomes deal is less expensive,great service,  i like most everyone have to watch my money. and this is a saving. i have a grat picture for my tv, my computer runs great,so so farit is a value. the service tech who came to set this up was a polite young man. media com  has good service techs.my mom sometimes asks me to record a movie for her and i can.good movie channles.  i wll soon be able to hook up my sky angle receive with my cable and i willbe set. tv passes the time of day for me ,so the better the channels,screen, picture, the better my day willbe.my computer also passes time wth me and the btter the speed the better online time

The worst service I have ever had! (NEW UPDATE!)

I have used several different cable companies in the past - and I have never really had any problems with service like I have had at Mediacom.When I first signed on with Mediacom, I thought it was going to be better than the cable company I was with at the moment. We were moving and wanted to try something new and less expensive. Mediacom was cheaper - even AFTER their price goes up on 1 year. In this case the old cliche is true - you get what you pay for!For the first month or so, everything worked fine. We had the high speed cable internet service and the digital cable with th showtime add-on package. I had the internet connection hooked up to my desktop compaq PC at the time. Then, one day, the internet stopped working. My computer showed that there was a cable unhooked somewhere - but there wasn't. I ran several diagnostic tests on my PC but there was nothing wrong. My ethernet card and cable was working perfectly. So I gave up and called Mediacom's Customer Service Center. The first person did a whole bunch of tests on the modem (which is ancient, BTW. It's huge and looks like a big, gray cinder block!) and came up with nothing. The next person advised that I have a Mediacom service man come out and look at it. It would be nearly a week until he would be in my area though. Desperately, I agreed. The service man acted like he had no idea what he was doing. He basically changed the connecting cords several times, restarted my PC several times, inserted a couple disks into the diskette and CD drives, and clicked on the Internet Explorer icon repeatedly. He then told me that this whole thing was MY problem, that their modem was in perfect working order, and to buy a new ethernet card. So I bought a whole new card and installed it with help from a computer tech - who was there by my side the entire time. My internet worked - but only when connected to a different modem. It didn't work when connected with the cinder block Mediacom had issued. Again, I called in to them. i spoke with at least 10 different people, none of which could figure out my problem. I went 2 ENTIRE MONTHS without internet access - which I was still paying for BTW - and they wouldn't help me at all. Then, one fateful day, I called in and a young man on the other end said he'd check something for me. I head a few clicks and weird noises and then, all of a sudden, my connection was back in working order! Releived, I hung up. On an after thought, I called back in and asked to speak with a supervisor. I explained everything I'd been through and asked for a 2 month credit on my account for the 2 months in which I had no access. I was denied - told once again that it had been MY fault because of MY computer when obviously, it had been an error on their end. Since then, we have had several cable outages in which the cable and the internet may not work, or only work sporadically, for days on end. Most notably, at the end of september, there was 7 days in which the cable only worked after 10 pm. But yet, we still had to pay for our cable even though we really couldn't watch it. All in all, I'd say out of the year there is about 30 days in which we have no cable or internet access. With all of the other companies I have been with, we have NEVER had this many issues. Yeah, there may be a day here and there that there may be issues - but I've never had to go nearly an entire day without cable or internet access. And I've never had any company refuse to give me a credit (not refund - credit!) due to something being to their fault. Unfortunately, I am not the type of person that can just call in and give them a piece of my mind. I know what it's like to be a customer service rep and I know it's not their fault. So, I've written several letters and emails to no avail. They never reply back to me at all. My husband is way too laid back to get worked up so he won't call in. LOL - I guess I'll just have to wait until the day they really make me angry and I get mad enough to call in and yell at someone. The only reason I have Mediacom service is because in my small town I only have 2 choices. We are going to be moving soon and I will most deffinitly switch services then. I am also planning on reporting Mediacom to the BBB. Stay away from this company if you can - they only want you for your money and they walk all over you. If Mediacom is the only cable service provider in your area - I'm sorry. I feel your pain. Everyone - Run! Run as fast as you can and never look back!**New Update (3/21/09): I couple months ago I sent in a complaint to the BBB. Mediacom FINALLY sat up and took notice! I got a full month refund for all services. The connections are still iffy and they still have several issues BUT at least I was able to get my money back. I will be switching service in about a month. I am EXTREMELY excited. For all of you who have had problems with Mediacom and they won't listen to you, write in to the BBB and get your money back! Do whatever you have to do to get them to listen!**

HORRIBLE SERVICE!

from Cortland, IL

Comments about Mediacom Cable TV:

I have had nothing but trouble with Mediacom since they went digital. My internet goes down OFTEN! My phone is out. My TIVO box shuts down another TV's box. I call for service and it's a week out. They call my husband's cell who misses the call. I shortly thereafter call the 800 number to make sure they don't cancel the service call. They tell me it wasn't but to call if the service tech doesn't come by 5. Guess what? The service tech cancels the call at 3:30 p.m. The 800 number says they will call me back to schedule another appt. THEY DON'T! I then call back to see what is going on and by this time I'm not happy. Now it's another week. SERVICE WITH MEDIA COM IS HORRIBLE!!!!

Questionable service

from Robertsdale, AL

Comments about Mediacom Cable TV:

My main internet and cable provider is Mediacom. We have the highest internet they offer. Yesterday I noticed my download speeds aren't how they should be and I contacted them. Turns out I'm only using 25.06 mbps out of the supposed 100mbps. I think they lie about their speeds and things like that. However, their customer service is phenominal. Everytime I have a problem with something, they're right on top of it. Some times they're kind of in the dark on the situation. I believe they could be higher educated on the products. And the service techs are horrible. I had one come out last week and try to fix my internet, when all he done was unplug my router and say I HAD to use the router Mediacom provided, keep in mind I had the router they installed turned off when I first ordered their services. And when he done that it made me wonder if I was being charged for a router I wasn't using. when I called they said I WAS being charged for it. I have been being charged for a router I wasn't using. Tthey gave me a $40 bill credit though. Ooverall my experience with Mediacom has been a questionable one. I wouldn't say I hate them but I wouldn't say I loved them either

Worst Service EVER

from Jefferson City, MO

Comments about Mediacom Cable TV:

Mediacom is a company that does not bury cables. I asked for 3 years for a cable to be buried and it did not happen. I called to cancel my service and I had to pay for an additional 30 days because it states it on every bill. (it was not on my bill) They say they have higher speed internet but we loose service at least once a day. Customer service is a joke. I would NEVER recommend Mediacom

Worst service ever!

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Mediacom Cable TV:

I have been a customer for 2 years. Every time their is an important game on, Mediacom magically loses signal, has guide updates, or there is an outage. If you are a March Madness fan, DO NOT switch to Mediacom.

nice to have, but pricey

from Prior Lake, MN

Comments about Mediacom Cable TV:

nice clear HD, good amount of channels. Bundling TV, internet, phone, make the price a little easier to swallow. Caller ID on TV screen is nice, internet speed is OK. Never thougth I'd pay this much to watch TV, but what else doesn't cost too much these days. It's the only cable network available in my area, and I already tried satellite, which I "really" don't care for.

worse customer service ever

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Mediacom Cable TV:

So my family and I have had Mediacom for almost 20 years. We have had issues before, but they were fixed in a prompt time. (2-4) days. However I'm writing this on my mobile device because we do not have internet, cable, or phone. We are currently at 8 days of waiting. It all started last Sunday. We were having issues with when it rained the cable would go out, nothing else but the cable. So the first tech comes out and thinks he has fixed it. What he had done was not allow us to have any internet, cable, or phone. So we call for another tech to come out to hopefully fix the problem. He stays for about 5 minutes checks the connections and said he has to get maintenance people out. Okay. We wait 48 hours. Still no cable or internet or phone. 7th day rolls around we call again, saying our problem hasn't been fixed well we get told 3 different stories and were treated un fairly and honestly the way they have been talking to us is deeming, rude, and overall not professional. We have been with mediacom for almost 20 years, and to receive this kind of service, and un professionalism is absurd. If I could rate a 0/5 I would.

terrible service

from Robertsdale Al

Comments about Mediacom Cable TV:

The cable and internet are constantly going out even tough there are no shortages. It took over 2 weeks to get a servbice appointment and The customer serivce is terrible and not knowledgeable of the service they are suppose to supply. The only reason we had this cable is because satelite is not avalaible in the area. I would not recommend this cable company to anyone.

Not that great

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Mediacom Cable TV:

I have previously and in the past purchased and used/subscribed to Mediacom Cable TV and I found that it is not a really good company. They started out with great service and I got all my channels and it never went out. Then after a few months all of a sudden it started going out all the time. I had phone service with them and for three months my land line never worked. They did have good internet which is the only thing I currently have through them as it was really good and guess what low and behold it stinks now. I would not recommend Mediacom Cable Tv or anything else Mediacom to anyone I know or any of my friends and family. Also it always took days for them to come and fix any problems. I have now switched to another company I am very happy with. There customer service was also poor as everytime I called they would say there was something wrong on my end or with my tv and then after a few days of it being out they would call and say they found the problem on their end and they fixed it.

Mediacom sucks

Mediacom

I had been a loyal customer for several years before their service went down hill. Was having connection issues and I had lost connection more than 20 times a day! When the internet went out, so did our. Able and our phone! Dropped phone calls were frustrating. When their service was working correctly it was the fastest service in our whole county! They certainly price it according to their fast speed when working. They are constantly changing the available plans and services and upping the prices. Because we needed a reliable service, we left them and returned the equipment. A month later they sent us a bill for over six hundred dollars claiming that we never returned our equipment. After a long few months of arguing with them about the equipment I finally got it through them that I had returned it to my local office and they cancelled the bill! Every technician that hey sent out had no clue what they were doing! One even hooked up the cable box wrong and I had to correct him! Channel options were not great. Prices too high. Customer service was rude and ignorant. Service sucked! Would NOT recommend to ANYONE!

• Content Variety/Availability:

Worst cable experience ever!

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Mediacom Cable TV:

For about 3 months I had Mediacom Cable and it was the worst experience I ever had with a cable provider. When I signed up with them I initially was only going to sign up for a basic package, but I was offered the elite package for practically the same price so I jumped at the opportunity. Things went down hill shortly after I agreed to an installation appointment. They were supposed to come on a Friday so I took off work, but they never showed. It was a no show no call and I had to initiate dialogue with them. I called them up and they told me that their field technicians ran late on another project and they would get to my house first thing in the morning. The field technicians arrived to my house around 4 pm the next day. Despite being late, I will give them credit for installing and setting up my cable in under a hour. The channel selection and picture quality was very good for the first month of service. After that I started to notice a drop in picture quality. The image became grainy and sometimes even unwatchable. I checked my
televisions and all of my connections, but wasn't able to locate the problem. I called Mediacom for assistance and I was told there was an issue on their end. They assured me that it would be rectified by the end of the day. The poor picture quality remained for the next 2 months until I decided to cancel my service. Thankfully they waived my early termination fee for my troubles.