3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Don't skip treatments!

I was one of the lucky women who didn't get a single stretch mark while pregnant, but one of the unlucky ones who got them afterward because I lost weight too fast (oops lol).  About 3 weeks after I gave birth to my son, I woke up with exactly 4 short dark lines on each hip.

I had points and free shipping from an online drugstore and quickly ordered Mederma Stretch Mark Therapy.  Everything I'd read about the product seemed to suggest that it would significantly lighten stretch marks within 12 weeks if I followed the recommended twice daily usage schedule, but there were a few days that I would miss one or both treatments.  That being said, I've used the product for roughly 9 weeks now and have noticed that the marks do appear lighter.

I had heard complaints on other review sites about how quickly the tube emptied, but since I only use a nickle size drop for both sides I still lhave the original.  The price tag seems a little hefty, but for the length of time I've used the product and the results I've seen, I'd have to say it's worth it.

Mederma is a great lotion but does not work

I was suggested by my friend (who had a lot more stretch marks than me!!) to use this.  She told me she had hundreds of stretch marks all over her body, and said she got rid of it with this!  So I bought some online.  Honestly, it just did not work.  I applied the cream as it was stated on the box.  According to their website (and my friend!), it says the cream will:

- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks.

- Diminishes discoloration.

- Improves texture.

- Enhances softness.

Well, as far as reducing the appearance of stretch marks, nothing happened at all.  I even took before and after photos that I will upload later.  Absolutely nothing!  I was so disappointed.

Diminishing discoloration? Well, I didn't notice anything at all different, but I had pretty normal skin to begin with except my stretch marks on my legs.

Now I wonder if my friend ever had stretch marks to begin with, or just dry skin.  I only wonder that because the cream did make my skin so soft! I've ever had a better lotion.  However, I would not spend this much money on just a lotion!

It also enhanced the softness of my skin, like the website stated.

All in all, it's a great lotion, but NO, it does not work!  Do not purchase it!

Great For New Stretch Marks But Not For Older Ones

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy Cream:

I have a few small stretch marks on my sides; if I am wearing a swimsuit or bikini they are visible but not unless you are within a few feet of me. If I hit the tanning bed or I am on the beach and my skin gets tan they are more visible. I have tried a couple of different stretch mark lotions and balms and have used Mederma scar therapy products so I decided to give this a try to see if it would help reduce the appearance of my stretch marks.

This is an extremely lush cream that slides on skin effortlessly; I used it every day for about ten weeks and saw a little bit of a reduction in the stretch marks but nothing that was groundbreaking or jaw-dropping. The directions state that you should apply this twice a day and rub it in to your skin for about two minutes. While I didn't see huge results I did see that the marks were a little lighter and you needed to be closer in order to see them. I bought a second tube to keep trying it and stuck with it for another four weeks. As much as I wanted this to work, it wasn't going to be strong enough to completely rid me of the stretch marks.

One of my friends was pregnant with twins and had gained weight; almost all of it was in her belly area so if you saw her walking towards you she looked 'normal' but when you saw her from the side you sort of stopped what you were doing because her stomach was massive. She had started to get stretch marks and was using another lotion but she wasn't seeing any type of results from it so I gave her the remainder of the second tube I purchased. After using it for about five weeks she said she started to see less new stretch marks so I told her that I would get her another tube if she wanted so she could keep using it.

After she delivered her twins she kept using this and the results were amazing. She did end up with some semi permanent marks but overall her skin rebounded almost completely. When she started to walk and eventually went back to the gym she stuck with the cream until she was satisfied with her skin tone and appearance. Even though it didn't work as great as I hoped, for newer stretch marks this seems to be the go-to product!

Didn't work

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy Cream:

I have a significant amount of stretch marks on my body from lifting weights and decided to give Mederma Stretch Mark Therapy Cream. I applied this cream to my affected areas twice a day. My first impression of this cream is that it is kind of thick and it didn't smell too pleasant. After a weak of use I didn't see any results and it clogged my pores. I continued to use this product for a month and I still didn't see any results. My skin became much softer during this time period, but there wasn't any fading in stretch marks. I continued to use this product until the tube was empty. After 3 months of
use I saw no changes that would make me want to purchase another tube. During this period I actually got new stretch marks while using this cream. Apparently this product doesn't fade old stretch marks and doesn't prevent new ones from occurring. I definitely wouldn't recommend Mederma Stretch Mark Therapy Cream.

Miracle in a tube!

Comments about Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy Cream:

After having 4 children early in my marriage and constant up and down with weight issues, my stretch marks had stretch marks. Then out of no where I was pregnant again at the ripe age of 47. This product worked very well for me with the old stretch marks and the newer ones with the last baby. I figured out the trick with stretch marks is to stay ahead of them, meaning I starting to put this product on before I actually began to really stretch. This product really helped to diminish them and to make the ones I already had less noticeable.

Absorption
It really absorbs evenly and very well. It is not greasy and does not just sit on top of your skin.

Doesn't Clog Pores
It does not clog the pores and it not an irritant to the skin or those with sensitive skin.

It is very effective for old and new stretch marks. It has also provided some slight improvement on an old surgical knee scar I had from years ago. I would definitely give it a thumbs up. It is definitely worth giving it a try.

Must use as directed

from Ladera Ranch, CA

Comments about Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy Cream:

After the birth of my second daughter, I noticed I had slightly visible stretch marks and therefore starting using this product right away. Since it was so expensive, I decided to only use this product once a day instead of the recommended twice a day. My stretch marks did somewhat fade, although they did not disappear totally, which was disappointing. I think if I had actually used it as directed, it would have worked much better. I think the product has a lot of potential. It was expensive though, which was a turn-off for me. The product had a light scent and was very easy to apply to the trouble areas. I would use again in the future. It absorbed nicely and worked on my thighs. I think it would work for sensitive skin as well. I am not sure if I would use it on my face, but I think it worked well for the body. Based on what else that is similar out there, I think this is recommended choice if you need to reduce stretch marks. I am not sure if it would work on scars.

Only use if you have Patience

from reading pa

Comments about Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy Cream:

I was lucky enough not to get any large amount of stretch marks during my two pregnancies. After my second child, I did see a small one from losing weight. I started with this because I thought it was the cream of creams when it came to stretch marks. I must say that it is a very good moisturizer. I found myself using it on my whole body because of how well hydrated my skin was. However the part where it came to helping my small stretch mark, it did help it disappear more but it did take some time. You must have patience in order to see the best results of this product. It is a bit more expensive than some of its competitors and I believe that you are paying for the name. If you have a lot of stretch marks though, the money may be worth it.

Absorption
This is a very thick lotion, but it does absorb very easily into your skin.

Doesn't Clog Pores
This was one of the best hydrating lotions I have tried. It really allows your skin to breath even though it is thick coming out of the bottle.

Takes a long time! The longer you use the more results you will see.

works over time

from San Diego ca

Comments about Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy Cream:

I have used Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy for over a few months now, and I'm starting to see great improvements. It comes in a squeeze bottle so I can take out as much product as I need for the area. The formulation is not sticky or greasy feeling at all. It rubs into the skin very nicely, and does not take long to absorb. I put this on after my shower, and then I am able to put clothes on right away. It has visibly reduced the color of my stretch marks, and smoothed out the texture. I started to see results in as little as 3 to 4 weeks when I noticed that my red colored stretch marks started to fade into my natural skin tone. It does not matter if you have old or new stretch marks this product will work on everyone. It smells really good even though I'm only using it on my stomach area I don't care what it smells like. You have to be consistent with products like this, it is recommend you use it more than once a day. I was more impressed that it smoothed out the wrinkled appearance stretch marks can have it's really smooth, and less noticeable now. I really love my results, and I highly recommend it.

Stretch Mark Cream

Comments about Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy Cream:

This product takes patience. It isn't a quick acting super cream. I've been using it morning and night and usually right out of the shower to help the absorption process. It was several months before any real progress was made. I started off with bright pink inflamed stretch marks, and over the course of a few months I noticed they started to fade ever so slightly and then became nearly the color of my skin. If you use it combined with a concealer or some type of cover up then you have the potential to make your stretch marks virtually disappear. It is a bit pricey for this specific cream but it is worth the money if you stick with it. I cannot stress enough how important it is to be consistent with this.

I give it a nine on a scale of one to ten fade the color of the stretch marks. For marks that are old though it will take a lot more time to see results close to those of new stretch marks.

High Hopes

Comments about Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy Cream:

I have had stretchmarks what seems to be my entire life! And every time I heard of a new product that might make them disappear, I hop right on it and make the purchase. I bought Mederma Stretch Mark Therapy Cream because I had actually read good things about it. It says you will have to wait a while before you see results, but I was willing to wait! I used it every day for about a month... then two months... and two bottles later (expensive bottles) sadly didn't see much of a change. My stretch marks are pretty old, so that might have been the reason why this product didn't work. But I have seen better results on friends, which is why I'm giving this product an overall rating of 5. My advice would be to try one bottle, and if it doesn't work after that one bottle, move on to something else. It definitely makes your skin feel really smooth though!

Absorption
Absorbed veryyyy quickly right into the skin

Doesn't Clog Pores
Didn't experience any, but I was only using it on my lower body, where I don't usually experience the clogging of pores

Didn't work for me, but I have seen it work for others!

light sent lotion

Comments about Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy Cream:

This product is very nice for a first time mom who is scared by her new body image.

Absorption
This is the best part of the product. most products sit on top of skin or just into the first layer, while this product absorbs quite well into the skin to help blend the stretch marks making them look "invisible" overtime. I used this product right after having my son, and now after a year of using this product I can say I have seen a big improvement rather than not using any product what-so-ever.

Doesn't Clog Pores
There is no sticky residue, no harsh chemicals, and no dyes in the product to clog pores.

It is a wonderful product, but when it comes down to it women want something that will make stretch marks vanish completely, like the celebrities. Only surgery can really do that trick, most people don't understand that. This product is a great alternative to not being able to afford surgery or tummy tucks. overtime the stretch marks do vanish on their own, but this helps vanish them just a little bit faster.

Did't use it for stretch marks but it does wonders for scars!

Comments about Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy Cream:

I have a tendency to end up with scars; I can admit that I have a clumsy streak and usually can't go a week without some new scratches or cuts; I bought this on a whim because I found many products used for scars too harsh for my skin and thought this would be easier on it.
I was right; this has a much more gentle formula but is very effective in improving the tones of scar tissue and the raised nature of them; many of my smaller scars have entirely disappeared and the deeper ones have lighted to match my skin tone much better. I'm happy with the texture it gave my scars as well; softening them and reducing the amount they stand out.
I did have to use this several weeks before I saw a difference but at that point it was one that was easy to point out and I was very happy to see that many of those scars were no longer an issue without drying out my skin or leaving redness behind the way harsher formulas have always done to me.