Other Misc. Feeding & Nursings:
Medela
Medela Medium Flow Wide Nipples Baby Bottle

Medela Medium Flow Wide Nipples Baby Bottle

Great nipple for your baby!

Hello everyone, I am writing today about the medela 3 pack medium Flow Wide Nipples. This nipple is the nipple that they used with my daughter after she was born and placed into a NICU facility. The nurses said that they prefered this nipple because it matched the soothie passifier nipple used to comfort my daughter. It was so very simple for them to take out my daughter's passy and insert the medela nipple attached to a milk bottle and she would naturally begin to feed. My daughter took to this nipple so easliy because it was interchangeable with what she was already used to with the soothie pacifier. She had no problem adjusting to the bottle because the nipple was already familiar to her

Durability is something that is important to me and this nipple is very sturdy. It is made of quality plastic and I do not believe that it would rip or tear easily as some nipples do with lots of use. It is a thick plastic but it is not uncomfortable for the baby. The nipple is a nice round shape which acts like a human nipple and seems to be easy for a baby to latch on to. Also the nipple instead of being flat has a nice arch to the base of it which immitates a womans breast and allows a good latch for baby.

Easy to use design, this nipple fits into the medela ring and seals very well. I do not notice leaks from this nipple and bottle, which means that things in the diaper bag stay cleaner!

Bottle system is nice and petite. It is not bulky and it does not take up a ton of room like other bottles and nipples do. I love the compact design, When I am out and about, I am  usually carrying so much!  Having big huge bottles on top of all that I have packed to carry can be a burden at times!

Dislikes, there is not anything that I do not like about this nipple it is well made and I believe it is an awesome product. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a good nipple and bottle set.

Not worth the money

I bought these because I have a medela breast pump, and wanted to use the medela bottles. The nipples the bottles came with would collaps all the time, so I bought these because they said they do not collapse. Well about a month after I bought them, low and behold, the nipples started collapsing. Now I only use bottles for when my husband wants to feed the baby, and he does not know how to take care of the baby the way I do. He will often feed the baby and watch Tv at the same time, and the baby would get fussy because he coudl not eat from the collapsed nipple, and my husband got very flusted. Not a good situation. Anywho I would save your money and buy the connectors so you can pump into other brands bottles..

Medela Wide Nipples for babies are very good

from Midlothian, VA

Pros

Cons

Comments about Medela Medium Flow Wide Nipples Baby Bottle:

When my daughter switched from completely breastfed to breastfed and bottlefed, we went Medela. And while she used the slow flow for the first few months, she quickly graduated the the medium flow, and at 18 months and about to be weaned off bottles totally, still uses these. They have been just right for her bottles, and they also last well. She's bitten through one of them, but that's it. In fact, they've lasted much better than the Medela bottles we bought-- after just a few months, the writing was fading and chipping off, but the nipples look like new still.

I don't recommend washing them only in the dishwasher. It's a good way to disinfect them, but they tend to develop a film and need to be washed by hand afterwards. They also benefit from a bottle brush, as it can be hard to get all the way into the nipple itself with just a sponge. Overall, though, they were a great way to transition from BF to BF and Bottle Fed.

My grandbaby loves them

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Medela Medium Flow Wide Nipples Baby Bottle:

My daugher lives with me and because she has allergies the doctors recommended that she breast feed the baby for a year. My daugher has large breast and the baby had so much trouble latching on that he would get frustrated and stop nursing. My daughter started pumping milk and feeding the baby with bottles. We quickly learned that the baby had a strong preference for the Medela baby bottles. His preference was so strong that he would refuse to take other bottles. My daugher and I like the Medela wide nipple bottles because it was easy to fill the bottles and the shape of the bottles made it easy to clean them. The nipples did not seem to wear out quickly like some bottles and nipples. When the baby sucked on the nipples they provided a reasonable flow of milk and did not flatten or leak. The price was competitive although they were not easy to find in many of the stores in the area. My daugher received these as a baby shower gift and will be sure to put them on the wish list for he next baby.

Medela; perfect nipple for newborn!

from Winston Salem, NC

Comments about Medela Medium Flow Wide Nipples Baby Bottle:

I had trouble nursing both of my babies. My first had sever reflux and the second was an eager eater and gave me thrush like none other. But luckily with my second I had invested in the Medela electric pump that came with the great bottles and these nipples. I LOVED using it and am so excited to use these nipples again with my upcoming third child. They allow the mild to flow freely, rarely did my milk or formula milk come out too slow for my eager eater, yet at the same time it wasn't too easy to suck and get too much. Some bottles I had used before had that issue. They also screwed on the lids properly. Some nipples are a hassle because they have to fit ina particular way and as a busy mom that was one problem I was grateful I didn't have to deal with. Also, if anything I felt it kept my baby willing to take the breast as well as the bottle. The shape was perfect and familiar to him. Also very easy to clean. Great product.

Medela nipples are great for breastfed baby!

from Carlstadt, NJ

Comments about Medela Medium Flow Wide Nipples Baby Bottle:

When I was registering for baby items, the bottle and feeding section was overwhelming! I decided on a medela breast pump and, by default, also selected the medela plastic bottles and three pack of slow and medium flow nipples. My baby began using the slow flow nipples and easily transitioned to the medium flow around 5 months. She never had a problem taking the bottle as an alternate to breastfeeding, mainly while she was under the care of her grandparents. There was no nipple confusion, and I gave my baby a bottle after she was only 2 weeks old.

The nipples are easy to clean, as well. I was given a nipple brush to use, but I actually prefer to use hot water and a gentle dish soap to clean the nipples, and I use my hands to clean them out. Once a week I boil the nipples to ensure they are sterilized. Occasionally, boiling them causes the rubber to look cloudy, but once they are washed again, they revert back to the clear rubber.

I highly recommend the medela bottles and 3 pack of nipples for your baby.

Medela nipples are great for breastfed babies.

from Flint, MI

Comments about Medela Medium Flow Wide Nipples Baby Bottle:

These nipples are great for breastfed babies. The only problem I have is that they collapse unless the baby lets go and lets some air into the bottle. My son has used them for almost a year and they stand up to him biting them.

My choice for my baby!

from Cape Girardeau, MO

Comments about Medela Medium Flow Wide Nipples Baby Bottle:

I knew I wanted to breastfeed my baby or at least give it the best shot I could!  So it was imperative to get the best out there, so that I could be successful at it.  After researching and reviewing many breast pumps I decided to go with the Medela pump in style breast pump.  Of course, they sell a whole line of bottles and accessories including the nipples.  When I was in my nursing class after already purchasing all the items I needed they mentioned just how great the nipples were made by Medela.  They said that they were as close as you could get to the mom's nipple.  They were definitely right!  When it was time to try the bottle and nipple for the first time she took it without a problem.  It was as if there was no change at all.  She latched on with ease, which is every mother's prayer!  These nipples were easy to clean.  I could just pop them in the dishwasher or manually clean them, regardless, it was easy cleanup.   The nipples are very durable, I've never had a problem with them tearing and there were many feedings I thought she do just that!  They are a little pricey, but I am a true believer of...you get what you pay for.  Overall, it is a great product!

best for breastfed baby

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Medela Medium Flow Wide Nipples Baby Bottle:

I would absolutely recommend this brand nipple and bottle for any breastfeeding mom looking for the perfect nipple/ bottle to be used while you are away!!!  We tried many different brands with our now 8 month old baby boy.  We tried Nuk, Playtex, and Dr Browns, among others and found he took this nipple best to any other nipple.  It has seemed to be his favorite and easiest for him to use than any other nipple.  When combined with the Medela brand bottle, I believe this the best combination for a breastfed baby.  Our baby never seemed to have any gas issues related to this nipple/ bottle, nor did we ever experience any leaking or tearing of the nipple.  This brand does cost a little more than some other brand nipples/ bottles, but I do think you will be pleased after trying it.  I also used the Medela Pump in Style, which obviously works perfectly with the Medela brand bottle/ nipples.

Not worth the money

from Pasadena, CA

These nipples are amazing

from New Braunfels, TX

Comments about Medela Medium Flow Wide Nipples Baby Bottle:

These nipples are fabulous.  New moms are often warned about letting a nursing baby have a bottle due to nipple confusion.  Well with these nipples we had absolutely no issues.  My little one had to recieve some formula eary on and and no trouble going back and forth to the breast after using these.  The medium flow were the ones we used the longest.  I loved that they did not leak like some of the other brands we tried.  These nipples are also increadliby dourable.  Once my little one got teeth he would often bite on the nipple and carry the bottle aroud with him.  He never once punctured the nipple.  They are dishwasher safe too, which is always nice for a new mom.  I did have one that turned slightly pink when it soaked in a pot that had spagetti sauce in it.  This never effected the durablity of the nipple though.I love how easily theses nipples pop in and out of the cap too.  You don't have to worry about putting them together properly.

Love the newer wide nipples for medela bottles

from Reston, VA

Comments about Medela Medium Flow Wide Nipples Baby Bottle:

I was so excited to see these when I had my second child.  With my first baby I didn't use the medela bottles but by the time my daughter was born, these had just come out.  It made my life easier in that I could pump right into the bottles that she drank from rather than switching to a different bottle.  She was breastfed and bottle fed from the beginning and didn't have any trouble going back and forth.  I had my pump and a bunch of bottles from 2007 when my son was born and was able to reuse those.  I also purchased a couple of the newer and larger sized bottles for use with my daughter in 2009.  Medela customer service is also great - when I bought the new wide nipples they didn't fit in the collars (the cap with the hole for the nipple) of the old bottles.  The collars weren't sold in the stores (at least not where I was shopping) so I called them up to ask if they could tell me where to buy them and they sent me 3 free to go with the 3 pk of nipples I had just bought!