Other Breast Pumps:

Pros

Cons

An okay pump

Comments about Medela Medela Swing Single Electric Breastpump:

I use this pump as a backup pump and a travel pump. I exclusively pump, so I pump a lot. I used this with just batteries for about a week and a half before it kept dying on me and I was unable to pump on the go. I changed the batteries two different times and it still dies. I am going to contact Medela to see if they have a solution. The pump works great if I have it plugged in. I love that the base is small and can be taken anywhere. This pump is very easy to use. A few things I don't like about this pump are the fact that milk can find it's way into the tubing. It hasn't happened to me yet but I have seen condensation in there. I also wish that the bottles came with nipples. I don't use them because I have to transfer the pumped milk in to a bottle to be able to use it. It would be great if I could just use that bottle. I just pump into my other bottles. The flanges are just hard plastic. Not painful but it would be nice if they were a bit more comfortable. I like that this pump comes with a travel bag. It makes it easy to take along. As long as this will work with batteries I would recommend.

Inexpensive but effective

Comments about Medela Medela Swing Single Electric Breastpump:

I bought this pump 3 years ago in anticipation of my son's birth. Now, second child later this pump is still going strong. I wouldn't say I pump a ton since I don't work outside the home, but with regular and proper cleaning of the nozzle, this little pump goes a long way. If you're looking for fast pumping I would go with a double pump since it still takes a while with this one, but if you don't want to spend the money on a double pump and you're only pumping once or twice a day, this one is fine.

You either need to clean often so as not to allow build-up or you'll have to soak the individual pieces to loosen the build-up because it's practically impossible to reach the dirty spots with any cleaning brush.

Awesome!

Comments about Medela Medela Swing Single Electric Breastpump:

I love this pump! It was so easy to use and operate. I was able to breastfeed my baby well past the first year with the help of this pump to stimulate production. This pump was so much better than the pump that I had with my first child. It was so worth the extra money that I paid for the Medela.

Very easy to use.

Does a great job!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Medela Medela Swing Single Electric Breastpump:

The Medela Swing Single Electric Breastpump is a great pump! I bought it when I had my son and am now using it 2 years later, with my daughter. I didn't need a double pump, because I wasn't working. I would pump occasionally, just to have around. This did the job. It has the option to plug in, or to use it with batteries. So in case you need to use it while on-the-go, you can! It has much better suction when you use it plugged in, so I would recommend using it that way, unless you arent able to. The Medela Swing is a good basic pump. It isn't anything fancy, but it gets the job done. I never really had a problem with it. One time it wasn't working as well, I called Medela and they fixed the problem and sent me a new part, just in case. I would definitely recommend the Swing and even more so, any Medela product!