Other Misc. Feeding & Nursings:
Medela
Medela Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Set

Medela Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Set

Great for the transition from breast to bottle.

When my daughter was born se was exclusively breastfed for a month.  After that, we started introducing pumped breast milk in a bottle so my husband could feed her from time to time.  We started with the Avent bottles and it did not go well.  She was obviously confused by the shape and inflexibility of the avent nipple and refused it regularly.

At the advice of a lactation consultant we switched to the Medela bottles and never had a problem.  The nipples are flexible and made to move a little more like the breast nipple, plus the shape encourages your baby's latch position.

My little girl was diagnosed with a milk allergy a few months ago and subsequently has moved to formula feeding, as I had to throw away all of my pumped milk and could never catch back up.  We are still using the Medela bottles though because she still responds the best to them.  I would highly recommend them for any breastfeeding OR formula feeding mom.

On an additional note: the Medela bottle design doesn't allow the baby to swallow much air, helping with gas and spit up.  It has been so nice to know that her bottle is not the cause of any illness or discomfort.

Fit right on to breast pump!

These are great cause they fit dirrectly onto the best pump!  you just scunrew the bottles from the pump, put the tops on and stick em in the fridge, freezer or feed directly!  The plastic is heavy and good for storage. The tops open easily and shut securely.  The only real con is that they tip over easily if not attatched to the that comes with the pump. Loosing precious breat milk is devistating, so make sure to secure them to the bases before attempting to screw tops on. I also like that you can buy replacement tops for these at target or online.  I have lost a few tops due to them falling to the bottom of the dishwasher and melting.  Easy to make this mistake when you are a tired mom of a new baby, so replacement part availability is a must! These are also dishwasher safe in the top rack, which is such a time saver..no more boiling and waiting for them to  dry before use. Buy a couple sets of these so you can have some for storage and some for dailey use.

Would not have been able to feed breastmilk as long without this

from Garland, TX

Comments about Medela Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Set:

This set was a lifesaver! Medela was recommended to me my entire pregnancy and I purchased the Medela pump for my return to work. Luckily, my baby didn't mind taking breastmilk from a bottle and even better, she didn't care what kind of bottle it was!

These were great and I could pump directly into them and not have to worry about spilling milk or transferring from container to container.

Great for the transition from breast to bottle.

from Clarkston, GA

easy to use

from Champaign, IL

Comments about Medela Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Set:

Medela has been recommended to me over and over as I prepare for my baby. This system is so nice as you can pump directly into the bottle and then use a storage lid. Its easy to swap it out and put on a nipple with another lid to feed the baby with it. The storage bags are freezable, there are steamer bags to clean bottles in between uses, its a wonderful set. I was happy to receive two of these sets as shower gifts and was very excited for a reasonably priced, new, highly recommended bottle set! Medela seems to know whats up with breatfeeding/bottle feeding. Everyone I know who has used Medela has said their baby transitions easily from breast to bottle and back to breast again. How awesome is that?!

Great feeding set for the breastfeeding mom

from Carmel, IN

Comments about Medela Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Set:

For any mother that is pumping with a Medela pump, these bottles are invaluable. I started pumping with a Medela electric pump within the first few weeks of my son's life and needed lots of extra bottles for storage. And these bottles are the perfect ones for storage when you're using a Medela pump because they screw right onto the pump. While I used them for storage, I will say that I did not use them to feed my son. Instead, I fed my son with the Dr. Brown's bottles because I preffered using the glass bottles to the plastic ones when milk needed to be warmed. The medela bottles are easy to clean as well and lasted me an entire year of breastfeeding via the pump. Also important to note is that they are BPA free and a trusted brand in feeding your baby!

Medala bottles are a good convenient choice!

from Evanston, IL

Comments about Medela Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Set:

I used a Medela pump so I decided to start out using the Medala bottles as well. They work great. The storage and feeding set contains a good assortment of bottles. If you're really storing milk regularly, you'll need quite a few sets but that is to be expected.

I like that the Medela bottles are sturdy. In nearly 7 months I only had one break, and that was only because it was dropped while full of frozen milk onto hard concrete. We dropped the bottles often in other situations and never had another breakage! I found the volume markings to be pretty accurate and easy to use, though I do wish they were a little easier to see on the plain bottles.

I love that the Medela bottles fit on my pump, and the Medela nipples fit right onto the bottles. No transferring milk at all! The few times I tried to transfer it to other types of bottles I spilled or just ended up frustrated at the extra work.

Overall, I'd recommend the Medela bottles, especially if you're using a Medela pump.

Super Convenient when using a Breastpump

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Medela Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Set:

The Medela Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Set was one of the first items we got plenty of use out of when we had our daughter. I had planned to solely breastfeed, but due to some complication healing after a c-section, I quickly figured out it was convenient to use a breast pump with one of the Medela bottles attached to it, and save the milk straight into the fridge. This system is bpa-free, which at the time my daughter was born, just 2 years ago, many of the plastic bottles were not. All of the bottles and storage bottles easily attach to both the electronic as well as the hand breastpumps, so that reduces your cleaning load by just a little. The bottles themselves were my daughter's favorite, we only ever had the smaller version, but they now make a larger version for as the baby grows, which I definitley would have purchased had they been available when I needed them. There are different stages of nipples to change out as the bay grows as well!

leaky and not as good as other options

from San Tan Valley, AZ

Comments about Medela Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Set:

I recently bought the Medela Pump in style and it came with storage bottles and nipples to make a great, easy to use system.  I had read other reviews about the Medela bottles, so I thought I'd give it a try when my in laws watched my little guy.  My mother in law confirmed all the reviews I read...the bottles are terrible.  The nipples leak and make a huge mess making feeding the baby a difficult task, especially since she had to change his clothes afterwards since his onesie was soaked with milk.  I would definitely stay away from these bottles and use one of the much better options available.  I love the playtex drop ins, so you might want to give those a shot instead.  Medela makes a great pump, but they should probably stick with that and give up the bottle business if they're unable to get it right!  No more leaky, messy bottles for us.  I came home after picking up my son and promptly threw away my Medela nipples.

I love these bottles a lot!!

from Portage, MI

Comments about Medela Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Set:

I bought this set of Medela breast milk storage bottles a couple months ago. I was unable to keep up with the needs of my child so I decided that it would be a good idea to buy bottles for me to pump milk at once, so that I was able to store the milk for later and not be constantly pumping at feeding time. The bottles are easy for me to clean because the opening in them is wide and round. It is also easy for me to pour milk into the bottles because of the opening that they have. These bottles are great for storage because of their size. They do not take up too much room in the refrigerator at all. The caps on the bottles are also quite easy to open. The nipple on the bottles are perfect for little mouths as well. I wish that the bottle lids came in a color other than yellow though. I like that I am able to pump my breast milk right into the bottles if I would like to. That makes it convenient for me to transfer the milk.

best bottle for my little one

from Willowbrook, IL

Comments about Medela Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Set:

Since i have Medela breastpump i needed to get some bottles that would be good fit for my breast pump and i wanted something that is light,nice and BPA free.After buying those bottles, i found out that these bottles are great fit for my other breatpump-ameda as well.  I use that one in the car. So being able to use same bottles,makes everything much easier for me.

I do like these bottles because they do store breastmilk so good. No air gets through these nipples when my little one eats and the flow is perfect for him. I love the oz and ml marks on the side so i can see how much milk my baby eats. And also i like that these bottles are dishwasher and microwave safe.

Oh,i have to mention that you should not turn the top on bottle too hard,since then milk will leak.

Great all around collection container

from Leland, NC

Comments about Medela Breastmilk Storage and Feeding Set:

This is a great collection container. 5 ounces is a perfect size - not too small and not too large. I have used these for 9 months now for pumping! The neck size is pretty standard and fits my Ameda pump parts, so it's convenient to switch out the parts with the ones I got free from the hospital. I would highly recommend these! They never leak, even though I store the bottles horizontally in the fridge. I was given these as a hand me down, though, and I had trouble trying to find new ones in this size and style.