Other Baby Bottles:
Models:
87130, 87132
Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles

Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles

Pros

• Convenient (5)
  • Easy to use (5)
  • Durable (4)
  • Seals well (3)
  • Washes easily (3)

• Child's Comfort:
    • Leak Prevention:
    • Keeps Air Out:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent of two or more children (3)

Great bottles at a good price

I actually received this set of bottles for my baby shower. I thought they were nice but unnecessary. Wow! Was I wrong! I ended up being unable to nurse due to the fact that my son had low temperature those first few days in the hospital. He was immediately given a bottle to help get his temperature regulated and after that, he would not latch. I start exclusively pumping and am actually into month 5 of doing so. These bottles turned out to be a godsend. The nipple is the best out there - it allows him to get a great latch and not dribble any of the milk. We tried a couple of other bottles after he got to be about 2 months old and he would either dribble or get frustrated or just swallow alot of air while eating. These nipples are by far the best out there and seem to be exactly the flow he needs. As other reviewers have said, these bottles are a little small, but Medela does make an 8 ounce bottle. For now, I am just filling the bottles and my baby is not drinking more than 6 ounces in a feeding. But when he does, I will get the bigger bottles. I have had some trouble leaking if I don't get the nipple on "just right". That is a little frustrating but easily solved by very slowly placing the nipple on top of the bottle and making sure it is absolutely straight before slowly screwing the cap down. I think the threads on these bottles are poorly designed but this was not enough to make me stop using one of the best nipples on the market.

Leak Prevention
As stated, they can leak if you don't place the nipple exactly right and tighten it well.

A decent bottle--but not my first choice

I used these bottles because they worked with my breast pump. However, after I stopped pumping, I stopped using these. There are only two nipple sizes available for these bottles. One is slow, which is perfect for newborns. The other is fast. There is no in between. I felt like they were only good for the first few months. They had no way of preventing the baby from taking in air, and you have to break suction for them to be able to continue feeding. They did seem to mimic the breast a little (my child had a similar latch on these bottles as he did onto the breast). I also liked how quick and easy it was to clean them. They are also great for bringing formula in, since they seal with a cap.

Child's Comfort
I would have to take him off of the bottle to get air into it. This wasn't pleasant for the little guy.

There are only 3 parts, so cleaning is a snap.

Keeps Air Out
There is no mechanism to prevent the child from ingesting air.

It lasts.

I love these for storage but not to use for the baby to drin

from Richmond, VA

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Convenient
  • Easy to use
  • Washes Easily

Cons

• Bad Nipple
  • Leaks

• Milk Storage

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

I love these to store my breastmilk but it leaks while baby is eating and the nipple is awful

Great bottles for nursing mama!

from Michigan

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Convenient
  • Easy to use
  • Seals Well
  • Washes Easily

• Travel

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

We have used these bottles when traveling and they have been so great! We used the 5oz bottles and you could store multiple with the bottles being in the small side. It was super easy to just throw a few in a mini cooler. They did leak but very minimal, as any other bottle would as well!

#1 brand in my opinion

from Hawaii

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Convenient
    • Durable
    • Easy to use
    • Seals Well
    • Washes Easily

• At Home
      • Feeding
      • Milk Storage
      • Travel

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

I used this product with my Medela breast pump, storing milk in refrigerator and feeding my baby. I love this brand. It takes away all the struggles of breastfeeding and pumping

I would buy this product multiple times.

from waverly, OH

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Convenient
      • Easy to use
      • Seals Well

• At Home
        • Feeding

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

My son had no problems with this bottle when he was a newborn, it didn't pour out fast but at a steady pace so my son wouldn't get choked. I would defiently reccomend this bottle to anybody and everybody.

its goooooood

from Lfufy

Pros

• Affordable
        • Comfortable

its goooooood

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great for nursing mother's.

from Greensboro NC

Pros

• Affordable
            • Convenient
            • Durable

Cons

• Only one size nipple

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

I use these bottles to store my milk and feed my baby. They're super great and convenient because they work with my Medela breast pump. There is only one size and style nipple which can be difficult for some babies. But works great for ours!

Solid bottles for pumping & formula feeding

from Roswell, GA

Pros

• Easy to Clean

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

I've had good success with these bottles. Love how easy they are to clean. My kids don't have acid reflux issues, so I can't speak to these working for those, but they worked well with my pump and for formula.

Loved it.

from idaho

Pros

• Durable

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

I used the medela bottles for all 4 of my kids. One of the things I loved most about them was they connected to my hand breast pump. I loved that I could pump right into the bottles and then attach the nipple and feed. They also come with lids so are easy to store milk in, and take when traveling. One small con is they only have the one size bottle (that I am aware of) so when the babies get bigger and are eating more the bottles don't hold enough for a feeding. They are other wise great bottles with a nice nipple shape that my babies liked, easy to clean, and just an overall good brand. I would reccomend.

Review BPA Free Bottles Medela Breastmilk >like<

from blackJack 12

About Me Medical Professional

Pros

• Durable
                      • Easy To Use
                      • Portable
                      • Safe For Baby

Cons

• Hard to clean
                      • Messy

• Infants
                      • Toddlers

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

i like it but it is messy

Love it!

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

I am a huge Medela fan and feel that they have consistently been a leader in baby products. The Medela BPA-free Breast Milk Bottles are perfect for both storage and feeding time. The nipples are unique in that they require the baby to suck before milk comes out. Many traditional bottles have larger holes that allow for free flowing milk. This is fine if you only formula feed, but you transition from breast to bottle, the flow is quite confusing for the baby and they become a lazy nurser.
                      I used Medela bottles exclusively with my son when I was healing from some first-time mommy nursing issues. He had absolutely no problem transitioning from breast to bottle, as I was still nursing on one side.
                      Additionally, he suffered from colic and GERD (reflux). The slow-flow of Medela bottles minimized his colic by reducing the amount of air that he inhaled at each feeding.
                      The bottles are easy to wash, and I love that they are BPA-free. I'm curious about other chemicals, such as phthalates and PVC, however.

• Child's Comfort: