Other Baby Bottles:

Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles

Pros

Cons

• Keeps Air Out:

Great bottles at a good price

I actually received this set of bottles for my baby shower. I thought they were nice but unnecessary. Wow! Was I wrong! I ended up being unable to nurse due to the fact that my son had low temperature those first few days in the hospital. He was immediately given a bottle to help get his temperature regulated and after that, he would not latch. I start exclusively pumping and am actually into month 5 of doing so. These bottles turned out to be a godsend. The nipple is the best out there - it allows him to get a great latch and not dribble any of the milk. We tried a couple of other bottles after he got to be about 2 months old and he would either dribble or get frustrated or just swallow alot of air while eating. These nipples are by far the best out there and seem to be exactly the flow he needs. As other reviewers have said, these bottles are a little small, but Medela does make an 8 ounce bottle. For now, I am just filling the bottles and my baby is not drinking more than 6 ounces in a feeding. But when he does, I will get the bigger bottles. I have had some trouble leaking if I don't get the nipple on "just right". That is a little frustrating but easily solved by very slowly placing the nipple on top of the bottle and making sure it is absolutely straight before slowly screwing the cap down. I think the threads on these bottles are poorly designed but this was not enough to make me stop using one of the best nipples on the market.

Leak Prevention
As stated, they can leak if you don't place the nipple exactly right and tighten it well.

A decent bottle--but not my first choice

I used these bottles because they worked with my breast pump. However, after I stopped pumping, I stopped using these. There are only two nipple sizes available for these bottles. One is slow, which is perfect for newborns. The other is fast. There is no in between. I felt like they were only good for the first few months. They had no way of preventing the baby from taking in air, and you have to break suction for them to be able to continue feeding. They did seem to mimic the breast a little (my child had a similar latch on these bottles as he did onto the breast). I also liked how quick and easy it was to clean them. They are also great for bringing formula in, since they seal with a cap.

Child's Comfort
I would have to take him off of the bottle to get air into it. This wasn't pleasant for the little guy.

There are only 3 parts, so cleaning is a snap.

Keeps Air Out
There is no mechanism to prevent the child from ingesting air.

It lasts.

Review BPA Free Bottles Medela Breastmilk >like<

from blackJack 12

About Me Medical Professional

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Portable
  • Safe For Baby

Cons

• Hard to clean
  • Messy

• Infants
  • Toddlers

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

i like it but it is messy

Love it!

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

I am a huge Medela fan and feel that they have consistently been a leader in baby products. The Medela BPA-free Breast Milk Bottles are perfect for both storage and feeding time. The nipples are unique in that they require the baby to suck before milk comes out. Many traditional bottles have larger holes that allow for free flowing milk. This is fine if you only formula feed, but you transition from breast to bottle, the flow is quite confusing for the baby and they become a lazy nurser.
I used Medela bottles exclusively with my son when I was healing from some first-time mommy nursing issues. He had absolutely no problem transitioning from breast to bottle, as I was still nursing on one side.
Additionally, he suffered from colic and GERD (reflux). The slow-flow of Medela bottles minimized his colic by reducing the amount of air that he inhaled at each feeding.
The bottles are easy to wash, and I love that they are BPA-free. I'm curious about other chemicals, such as phthalates and PVC, however.

wounderful

from tn

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

This is my go to bottle for my baby and this is the bottle I recommend to new parents

Child's Comfort
It was easy to switch from breast to bottle and back with no problem and my child loved it.

I always cleaned mine with the baby bottle brush and soap and water and it worked well. I did find if washed in dishwasher it left spots even using jet dry in my dishwasher.

Keeps up the bottle after a year of having it.

Great Product

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

I loved these Medela Breast Milk Bottles. They make pumping and feeding so simple and are very easy to clean. The bottle screws right onto the pump and you can either put the bottle nipple straight on for feeding or put a screw on cap on and put them right in the fridge for storage.

Child's Comfort
My child loves the nipples that came on these bottles and they were so easy for him to feed from.

Leak Prevention
I personally never had any leaks with these bottles.

These bottles and nipples and caps were very easy to clean and sterilize. A bottle brush fits into them easily also.

Keeps Air Out
These bottles were air tight and I never had any leaks from them.

These bottles are very durable. I traveled with them and washed them about a thousand times and never had a problem with them. They also do well in a dishwasher, no warping. The nipples also did well in the dishwasher although they were fog up a little bit, but that would wash right up with some soap.

The only bottle we use!

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

This is one of many bottles that we have tried and is the only one that we use! Not only is it great for our baby, but we love that it goes straight from pump to baby with no extra parts needed.

Child's Comfort
My little one is breast fed, and has no issue going from mom to bottle!

Leak Prevention
We have had absolutely no leak issues. Some of the other brands we have tried failed miserably in this department. So pleased.

About as easy to clean as any other bottle out there. You do have to be careful to get the inside of the nipple clean since there are little grooves in there to help with the air flow. I found that a small brush came in handy for this.

Keeps Air Out
No bottle is perfect, but this does an amazing job at keeping extra air out of my daughters tummy. We have few gas issues while using this bottle.

We're four months in with this brand and have yet to have anything break. We've even droped a couple bottles, and still no damage.

• Keeps Air Out:

Nothing special, but gets the job done

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

I registered for and received as gifts, several of these bottles before my first baby was born. After returning for work, I used them for pumping breastmilk with a medela pump and for storing and feeding my baby. Overtime, I bought larger sizes to accommodate my growing baby who was in day care at the time.

As you can see, my bottles have seen a lot of use. They have washed well in the dishwasher and continue to work well without leaks or cracks as storage containers. Although I've given quite a few away to expectant moms, we like to use them for mixing salad dressing or taking cow's milk to work for my husband's afternoon coffee's. I have never experienced any leaks, my baby never had a problem with taking milk from them, and I appreciate that they are bpa free.

These bottles don't seem fancy, but even though I both breast and bottle fed my baby from 7 weeks to 1 year, we never experienced problems with nipple confusion. I chose them because they worked well with my pump, but I've kept using them all these years because they work as promised and they last for years of hard use.

Horrible Nipples and Rings, Great Bottle

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

I love these bottles, themselves. However, my fiance and I have had horrible experiences with the nipples of the bottles. The nipples of the bottles don't seem to fit correctly for us. The milk will leak out of the bottle when we feed it to our son. This has been an ongoing problem since he was born. We decided to keep the Medela bottles, themselves, but get rid of the nipples and rings because they fit so poorly. They are just a haphazard mess, in general. The bottles, on the other hand, are great. Where you can see how many ounces you are filling it up to didn't get faded out, the way our Ameda bottles ounce readers did. They are super easy to clean and they are great for feeding our son. Again, if you get this set, I just highly recommend different nipples and rings because they are the main culprit in feeding issues for us with these bottles. I cannot stress that enough. I do think I prefer Avent bottles over any other bottle, but these do just fine.

• Keeps Air Out:

Best Bottle, even for formula!

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

I loved these bottles when my kids were little. They fit in your hand great, are easy to clean and work beautifully for both breast milk and formula. No Fancy stuff to clean (or to hold bacteria) - just a nipple, bottle and cap!

Child's Comfort
They only get an eight for comfort because my daughter used to collapse them when she got stronger, but that was just an indication that we needed to change the nipple size to a stronger flow. If you keep up with flow and pay attention when feeding, this doesn't happen.

Leak Prevention
The do leak if you don't get a good seal or turn too tight, but once you get the hang of it - which you will! You'll be able to do with your eyes closed, "zombie-walking" circles around your kitchen at 2:30 AM.

Give them a good rinse as soon as the baby is done and throw the parts in a dishwasher basket. Run the dishes at night and presto - clean bottles in the morning! Wicked easy to clean even if you hand wash. I never needed any special gadget to clean these.

Keeps Air Out
If you tip it at a standard bottle angle and hold your baby a little up in the crook of your elbow (standard hold for bottle feeding) - then there is no air. If you keep the nipple full then the baby does not get air.

Used the same ones for both my kids. Lasted and lasted through many washes and normal abuse that bottles take on a daily basis.

The best bottles

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

I have used Medela with both my children. I loved these and would never have switched after I started using them. They clean nicely with a bottle brush or in the dishwasher. I loved that all of Medela’s bottles are compatible with their breast pumps and other feeding accessories. Since I started buying Medela, I have acquired quite the collection because it was a brand that I knew I could trust. I knew that it would be a worthwhile investment. These bottles have it all. They are easy to hold; when the child becomes old enough, they are also easy for them to hold. They travel well since they come with caps and lids; I never had any issues with leaking. There is a variety of nipples that you can purchase so that these bottles continue to meet your child’s needs.
I think that they are a high quality item that stands the test of time. When we had our second child I opened the box I had stored the bottles in and found them exactly as I had left them. There were no discolorations. I love that these are BPA free because that is one less thing to worry about. The price of these bottles is also very affordable.

After years of use, these still look practically new.

• Keeps Air Out:

these baby bottles are perfect breast milk feeding bottles.

Comments about Medela BPA Free Breastmilk Bottles:

I breast fed my daughter for three and a half months and she did not want the breast milk straight from the tap so I bought these bottles and got the hand pump by medela and started doing that and I gotta say, these bottles were the absolute best, I tried other universal breast pump bottles like evenflo and Playtex and they just weren't enough like regular breast feeding for her to actually eat, and when we gave her these she loved them and one of my girlfriends baby loved them too and still uses them.

Child's Comfort
These bottles are very easy for baby to grip onto and are great if you switch between breast feeding and pumping the milk, babies cannot tell the difference!

Leak Prevention
Not so great for leaking, but all in all a great baby bottle.

Perfect shaped to clean with a bottle brush and they don't stay smelling bad either.

Keeps Air Out
Actually, I am not lying, these bottles are the best I have ever tried(and I have tried almost every brand of baby bottles) for keeping the air out.

Tank status! I have dropped, stepped on, and ran over with a stroller and they are fine.