3.8
Bottom-Freezer Refrigerators, French Door Refrigerators
Maytag
MFI2269VEM
Maytag cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator

Summary

Maytag MFI2269VEM 22.0 cu. ft. French-Door Refrigerator with Adjustable Spill-Catcher Glass Shelves, Beverage Chiller Compartment, Humidity-Controlled Crispers, External Ice/Water Dispenser and Exterior Electronic Controls: Monochromatic Stainless Steel

Maytag cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator

3.8

• Temperature Control:

All the options you need.

We've had this model for two years and I'm very happy with it. Originally, it was difficult to find a fridge with both a bottom drawer and an ice machine (at least where we were looking) without spending a fortune, but we found this model at a nearby furniture superstore for a price that was way under our budget. There's a decent reason why there weren't more models with both a bottom drawer and an ice machine - the ice machine takes up a fair amount of space in the refrigerator section. We are a family of two, so larger families may need more space in the fridge area and may want to skip having an ice machine and a French door. But for our needs, this fridge is perfect. I also like how the milk compartment has a "cold" switch because I like my milk very cold. Don't worry, the milk doesn't freeze.

Noise Level
We don't hear a lot of noise. Of course we hear the ice machine, but we can't hear the actual fridge.

Interior Organization
The shelves are adjustable and the pockets in the doors are deep enough for gallon jugs.

Temperature Control
We've noticed no fluctuations.

Again, all fridges have removable shelves.

We've only had it two years, though, so I don't know about long-term durability. Nothing has broken on it.

Not much to say about this - you either like the design or you don't.

Don't waste your money

The inside supports of the drawers are made of plastic and broke within one year of purchase. The cover to the freezer drawer is also made of plastic and if anything falls out of the fridge and lands on the freezer cover, it cracks the cover. the meat cover is also plastic and broke immediately. We are constantly having to pull the drawers all the way out and set up the broken plastic supports. The ice maker also takes up tons of room that I need to store food since we typically eat fresh (i.e. refrigerated) foods. I will buy another brand next time I spend this much money for a refrigerator. On the plus side, I love having the freezer on the bottom so I don't have to bend over to retrieve every day things. I also love that the refrigerator beeps when someone forgets to close it all the way. This happens often because if you slam the right side door it causes the left side door to pop open and you don't realize it is open until it beeps later. If you are a single person, this refrigerator might be just fine. But with a family of four adults, it get a lot of use and just didn't hold up. My next refrigerator will be of a higher quality than this particular Maytag.

The inside supports for the drawers are plastic and broke within a year. The cover to the freezer is also plastic and if anything should fall out and land on it, it racks. This refrigerator looks big but the inside is so small that we ended up with an outside cooler just to keep drinks cold.

Love it

from Panama ny

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

• Big Families
    • Large Kitchens

Comments about Maytag cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I use this as my main fridge. I love the look and design of it. Stainless steel matches any kitchen design and I didn't have a problem with it fitting where I needed it to go.doors are easy to open and close for my kids and they can reach what they need without assistance. I love the ice machine, very easy to operate and easy to install.

• Primary use:
    • Personal
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Stopped Working 3 weeks after Purchase

from Titusville Fl

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

Cons

• Limited Shelving Options
      • Unreliable

• 2nd Refrigerator

Comments about Maytag cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Fridge died 3 weeks after purchase Got credit but had to purchase a nother Maytag The new different model croaked 3 and a half years later 1300$ down the drain was told that since I did not purchase a extended warranty one year warranty on all components is all you get cheap made fridge

• Primary use:
      • Personal

Wish I had this frige!

Comments about Maytag cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

My grandparents have the Maytag French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerator, and whenever I am at their house I am jealouse of this refrigerator. The refrigerator part has french doors, which allow you to open the refrigerator very wide and see everything inside. This makes it convenient if you have something to store that might not fit in the typical one door refrigerator.

I don't mind that the freezer is on the bottom because I don't use that part too frequently. It might be something I would have to consider if I got the refrigerator for myself. The freezer drawer can be pulled open, with a top drawer that you can push back to get into the items stored on the bottom. As long as you have a second freezer to store some of your larger items, I think the freezer on this Maytag is large enough for items you want close by like ice cream and frozen dinners.

Noise Level
      I have never noticed any types of loud noises from the refrigerator.

Temperature Control
      I never had any problems with items getting too cold or too warm.

I think this is one of the most sleek looking refrigerators around.

• Temperature Control:

great appeal, practical.....but cheap plastic

Comments about Maytag cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I love this fridge, it is well designed, has many compartments for organizing, looks great.....except they used cheap plastic so the inside wall is fractured, the tray broke off, and the middle shelf that holds the fruit basket came crashing down on to the shelf below.

Silent

Interior Organization
      Perfect, all trays are removable for ease of cleaning and personalization.

• Temperature Control:

Sleek and efficient stainless steel Maytag

Comments about Maytag cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Overall, the design is gorgeous. The ten button digital operations control on the outside of the door has a filtered water and ice dispenser that is very convenient. Inside the french-style doors are glass shelves with ample space for a variety of differently sized items. The bottom freezer drawer slides easily open to organize your frozen goods in the two basins or the two sliding drawers that allow you easy access to smaller items. It's hard to run out of room with this bottom freezer Maytag.

Noise Level
      There is hardly any noise at all when the thermostat kicks on.

Interior Organization
      Easy to adjust shelving with lots of room on doors for milk gallons and 2 liters.

Temperature Control
      Digitally monitored with temperature on outside of door.

Made to be cleaned without much effort.

Solid stainless steel exterior construction. Interior is also very well built with thick molded plastic around glass shelves. The seals around the doors are very well designed.

As I stated in the title. An outstanding design.

• Temperature Control:

firdge is great in the kitchen

Comments about Maytag cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

The maytag fridge I bought was a great purchase. Plenty of room inside for food and drinks. Fits perfect in my kitchen. It runs with very little noise you can hardly hear it. The color is perfect. Make ice and plenty of freezer space. There are plenty of shelves to place different items.

• Temperature Control:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Victorville, CA

Comments about Maytag cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

This design has too many flaws. several parts have broken on the frame and inside drawers. I would not recommend this product to anyone. I called for service and was told the frame was bent. Other items have broken and cannot be fixed. the inside is too small and the icemaker takes up too much space in the refridgerator.

Noise Level
      there is a loud ticking noise coming from the back

too many things are breaking on the fridge

Don't waste your money

from Oliver Springs Springs, TN

• Temperature Control:

All the options you need.

from Colorado Springs, CO

Temperature Control
      We've noticed no fluctuations.

Again, all fridges have removable shelves.

Not much to say about this - you either like the design or you don't.

I'd buy it again...

from Malone, NY

Comments about Maytag cu. ft. French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I love this fridge. I have zero complaints at all. I love it so much that even though we moved and it doesn't fit in our new kitchen, we still moved it in and it just sits against a wall out of place so I can still use it rather than our smaller regular 'extra' fridge that fits in the refrigerator opening. The freezer drawer design in great and other people that have different bottom freezers have commented that it's so much nicer than theirs. I also love the deli tray area in the fridge. There has never been a time where I couldn't fit what I needed to fit into it.

Noise Level
      Very quiet, the only time I ever hear it is when it dumps ice and refills.

Interior Organization
      I have been completely satisfied with the interior of this fridge. I had heard so many negatives about bottom freezer organization, but I'm extremely happy with the way this freezer is. Inside the one big drawer, there are 2 shallow drawers, one on each side. It really makes it easy to separate and organize everything. Nothing gets lost in a deep drawer never to be seen again.