3.9
Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer

Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer

3.9

this is great

We had the old front loader Maytag and loved it so when it came to replacing it we got another front loader. The front loader is easy to use and cleans the clothes much better than the top loader. Both my parents have trouble with figuring out how to use new stuff but this for them was fairly easy to use. Make sure when you buy the soap for it you buy the one that say HE because that the one for the front loader. If i need to replace this washing machine i would gladly buy another maytag neptune washer. Next i need the Maytag Neputne dryer that matches with it. I only wish this machine had a window on it so i can see the clothes washing in it. Also wish they had more rebates on the so it gives you incentive to buy one

NEVER AGAIN... :o(

I am on a mission to communicate to as many people as possible, to ensure they do their homework prior to making a large appliance purchase - ESPECIALLY if it means purchasing a Maytag front load washer. I made the unfortunate purchase back in late 2003, thinking I was getting the best of the best. I possess model # MAH6500AWW, that was unfortunately part of a class action lawsuit in 2005, regarding several design failures. While I was "awarded" a new washer boot replacement at no cost, it has done NOTHING to cure the problem. Please be aware that if you purchase a front load washer - in particular a Maytag - you may be subject to the ongoing smell and black chips of mold and mildew that cover your "clean" clothes. It is *very* discouraging for me that while the washer remains in working condition, the frequent mildew flakes that stain my whites especially, make it a purchase **I regret with every load**. I frequently run hot water washes with just bleach - no clothes - in an attempt to keep the mold and mildew at bay. I give up. They win. So *please*, smart consumer, refrain from the purchase of a Maytag, REGARDLESS of how redesigned they may claim to be. I do not want anyone else to have to live with investing in such junk, like me. Good luck with your purchase, and may the little guy, someday, win.

I would never buy this product again

from Roseburg, Oregon 9471

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings

Cons

• Breaks Down
  • Leaky
  • Long Cycle
  • Noisy
  • Shakes/Moves

• Everyday Clothes
  • Towels

Comments about Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer:

We use this washer to do everyday laundry. It's very noisy and we recently noticed a leak draining back. It's not one of the hoses. We called our insurance company to have them come and investigate. We found black mold in the wall and have always been very careful with our washer and dryer. I'm so disappointed! I did a lot of research before we bought this pair and thought it would be great. Not worth the money or the heartache!!!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Maytag Neptune front load washer

Comments about Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer:

Very happy with my NEPTUNE. I bought it gently used 2 years ago, and it is still working like a brand new machine.

Energy Efficiency
I have not noticed any jump in My electric bill at all with this product. I had a Kenmore top loader which did reflect some difference. Since I switched my water usage even improved.

Cleaning Time
Very prompt on all settings of wash and rinse. Spins out very fast.

Works great at getting our clothes clean. We have a farm and are raising a five year old, so our stuff gets pretty dirty. The NEPTUNE has a very strong cleaning capacity for heavy duty loads, and equally does gentle cycles the same. Is very quiet, you hardly know it is there.

Very easy to use. Simple instrument panel to choose cycles from. Nice port for the detergent, bleach and softener, it removes for easy cleaning. Has a cycle pause feature just in case you forgot to put something in the wash. Door opens easily and the drum opening is large enough to put arm loads of clothes in.

The design is good, but it could use a stackable feature, which is not available for this model, all in all the other features help out weigh the design.

Is very durable, can handle heavy loads well.

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

Still going strong !

from Watertown, WI

Comments about Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer:

I have had this washer now for 8 years and its still working as if I bought it yesterday. The clothes come out clean and smelling fresh . It has many different setting for a variety of fabrics. I recommend Tide washing machine cleaner in it once a month to keep it clean.

Energy Efficiency
It's high efficiency .

Cleaning Time
Many time and cleaning cycles .

It's heavy duty.

• Cleaning Time:

NEVER AGAIN... :o(

from New Holland, PA

Comments about Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer:

Good Washer and Good Looking!

from Fairhope, AL

Comments about Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer:

Well to any busy mom a good washer and dryer is very important. This model we have had for about 5 years and it is fantastic. I really do love the durability of this machine and it does a great job with keeping items clean.

The only real negative is the same with all front loaders in that some maintenance is needed to keep the mildew smell down. Also can not just jam it full with lots of clothes or the cleaning is not very good.

Now not that this matters unless you like your laundry room to look pretty.. but we do get several comments on how nice they look. It is a very easy machine to use and very worry free.

I recommend you find what works best for you but with all maytags we have every owned they are a great model and find and do have the durability that a busy active family needs!

this is great

from Reedley, CA

Comments about Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer:

Maytage Neptune is a great washing machine

from De Forest, WI

Comments about Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer:

My husband purchased this washing machine before we got married. We've had this machine now for about 6 years. We've been using it for about 4 (it spent approximately 2 years in storage, while we lived in an apartment that included a washing machine.) This machine has done an excellent job. It does an great job cleaning my laundry.

I've recently begun washing cloth diapers and this machine does a fantastic job. It does a great job of removing stains and keeping my diapers fresh. I love how many diffent cycle options the machine has. It is perfect for diapers.

I also love the "max extract" and extra "rinse" feature. The max extract feature is nice because it allows me to reduce the amount of time my laundry spends in the drier. The rinse feature is great for my family. We have sensitive skin and the second rinse at the end of the cycle helps to remove any detergent that might be left.

old faithful

from New Orleans, LA

Comments about Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer:

I have never thought to comment on my washer but today i officially have had my machine for 10 years and it still cleans and operates like new. my cover forr the detergent has come off but my king still keeps our clothes clean and new with no problems. I also enjoy putting my queen and full size comforters in my machine knowing it will do the same as he dry cleaner. I love, love, love maytag and will only purchase maytag.

Love the Maytag Neptune

from West Columbia, SC

Comments about Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer:

This washing machine has been wonderful. I have two very busy children and find myself doing a lot of loads of wash. My favorite part of the washing machine is the fact that it can hold a lot of clothes at one time. Probably one and a half times what my other washing machine could hold. It also means that I use a little less laundry detergent, which saves both time and money. I love how energy efficient it is and it really is a hard working machine. It has a setting for delicates and I have never had a problem using it. I have not had any issues with color bleeding and the machine gets my clothes very clean. I really love this machine and would recommend it to anyone. It is kind of expensive, but I have had mine for more than 4 years and it is still going strong and we have never had one issue with it. It is a great machine and well worth the money. I feel the same way about the matching drier. Both work just great to do large loads of clothes.

Sounds like a plane taking off

from Chappell Hill, TX

Comments about Maytag Neptune Front Load Washer:

My husband and I purchased the Maytag Neptune when we bought out first house 6 years ago. Being the first washing machine we had ever purchased we wanted the "top of the line" We loved the touch button controls. Within the warrenty time it started sounding like a plane taking off or landing during the rinse cycle. We called the repair man, he was able to tell us the sound it was making before we even told him what was wrong with it. He repaird it and it worked great. A few months after we no longer had warrenty on it started making the sound again. This time my husband took it out banged and banged on it a long time took the drum out, placed a Dodge Cummins barring (he is a machanic) and put it back together. We haven't had that issue since. As others have stated. The rubber lining starts to mold and smell bad. I know it is suggested to leave the door to the washing machine open between washings but this makes the light stay on and it gets hot. Plus with a 2 year old I am afraid he might decide to climb in and some how get shut in it. I wouldn't buy a Maytag washer again.