3.9

Pros

Cons

Great addition.

Comments about Maytag MMV5207A 1100 Watts Microwave Oven:

This is a very good microwave, it's strong,durable and powerful. It cleans up easily and with little to no effort at all. It cooks food quickly and efficiently. It performs well and functions well, it's quiet and I would purchase again if I was in the market for a microwave.

• Settings/Features:

A great microwave for day-to-day

Comments about Maytag MMV5207A 1100 Watts Microwave Oven:

One can't write very much about a microwave, but I love this microwave. I have been using it or a while now and it works as well as the day I bought it. It is very easy to use and has all the functions I need. It has several pre-set buttons to melt butter or chocolate, for popcorn... These come in very handy when baking. The turn-table works great and can easily be turned off to accomodate bigger plates. In two minutes I have hot soup and milk. I do not cook in my microwave, I just use it to heat and reheat things, but with so many settings I am sure it would do a great job as well.
It also cleans up very well. If I forget to cover my food with clingwrap and spaghetti sauce splatters all over the inside, it cleans up very fast. It also looks very good in my kitchen and matches all my other appliances. I have a tiny kitchen and it easily fits over my stove without interfering.

Standard Microwave

from Hillsboro, OR

Comments about Maytag MMV5207A 1100 Watts Microwave Oven:

I'd say this is a pretty standard microwave. We haven't had any issues with it, which is a good sign. It's almost 8 years old. It slides food left and right instead of in circles, which doesn't really matter. I like the sensor cooking a lot. There's a popcorn button that you put a bag in and it can tell when to stop it and doesn't burn it. There's also a cook button with different options like fresh vegetables and frozen vegetables that I use a lot. The interior wipes off fairly easily. It's above our gas stove and gets a lot of grease grime on the exterior that's hard to get off. I really like the 30 second button but I think that's standard on most microwaves.

Decent Microwave

from Greeley, CO

Comments about Maytag MMV5207A 1100 Watts Microwave Oven:

This microwave was part of our set of appliances that came with our house when we built it. I was not entirely happy with the other Maytag appliances, but this one and the oven are decent. This is not my favorite microwave I have ever had, but it does a good job and cooks food rather evenly. I have found the power to be great - it isn't too powerful or too weak. And the defrost setting has come in handy and works well. My only complaints are the very loud fan noise that it has and the annoying beep at the end of cooking. I have turned off the fan so many times when I am cooking because it is so frustratingly loud! But it needs to be on when I am cooking to prevent my smoke alarms from going off. Other than that, this microwave is good at heating things and has worked quite well over the time I have had it.

Evenly heats and distributes the cooking of foods

Settings/Features
The settings and features are intuitive and easy to understand

This microwave is easy to wipe clean and the buttons stay shiny with just a swipe of a cloth every other day or so

Again, very intuitive! Doesn't take a lot to figure out how to use this microwave

Nothing has broken! And I have never had to call on the warranty for anything

Looks great! Nice addition to my kitchen and looks good above the range.

• Settings/Features:

Nice over the range microwave for the price!

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about Maytag MMV5207A 1100 Watts Microwave Oven:

I've had this microwave for 3 years now. No complaints at all! However, I do wish that the designers would have made the interior larger so that you had the shelf and cook pop a bag of popcorn at the same time. We removed the shelf so that we wouldn't have any issues and it is easier than having to remember to put it in and take the shelf out with every bag of popcorn.

Food is hot and cooked through. No problems!

Settings/Features
I love the preset settings. My kids can make popcorn or baked potatoes on their own.

Very easy to wash and keep clean. No special equipment needed!

So easy my 3 year old can make popcorn! I love the 30 second button that just allows you to cook something for 30 seconds with the touch of one button.

We use this all the time and have never had a time where it didn't work as well as we would've wanted it to work!

I didn't like the metal shelf in the microwave. It interfered with popping popcorn. Once the shelf was removed it works perfectly.

Worst Microwave Ever

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Maytag MMV5207A 1100 Watts Microwave Oven:

This microwave came with the apartment I'm renting, it actually looks very nice. However it has a problem with shutting itself completely off when it overheats, which unfortunately for me is after only about 5 minutes. So for just warming things up, it's not bad. But have you ever had to decide what you are going to eat for dinner based on how long it takes to microwave?! It rarely gets though the entire amount to cook one of those steam vegetable bags. Quite frankly, the whole point of a microwave is to cook things up so I dont have to, so this is the worst microwave ever.

Does not complete the task of warming things up beyond 5 minutes

Settings/Features
Has all the standard popcorn, reheat, etc options. I love the "add 30 seconds" button, I can just press that a few times, no need to press start after.

Other than the fact that it is a large microwave to clean, it's no problem

Would be easier if I could heat up 2 things, instead of having to pick 1 to microwave and 1 to actually cook on the stovetop.

How durable can it be if it doesn't even work properly?

Whoever designed that awful shut-off feature is a madman. How can it possibly overheat in under 5 minutes?? My old microwave used to go 20 or 30 minutes no problem.

Pros and cons

Comments about Maytag MMV5207A 1100 Watts Microwave Oven:

I will say this is a very spacious microwave. I've never had any problems fitting anything in it. The plate is also very stable and never shifts or has to be realigned, as I've had to do with other microwaves. So those are some things that are quite nice about it; however, I'm not a big fan of this microwave because I can never just set the timer and do something else. It heats things up extremely quickly but also extremely unevenly, so I'm constantly punching in second intervals and waiting for it to finish just to put the food back again several times. If I don't use this method and just stick something in for a minute or longer, it significantly overheats it and I risk ending up with spaghetti sauce all over the inside. I've tried fiddling with the power settings, but I am a lazy person to be honest. That's why I'm microwaving something to begin with. So the convenience of space doesn't really outweigh the inconvenience of constantly having to guess at how long I need to heat something up. But if you have the time and patience to figure that out, then this will probably be a good microwave. If you're like me and all you want in a microwave is that it heats up your food, you might want to look for less involved models.

Overheats food.

Settings/Features
I don't actually use any of the special cook settings because it seems to heat things so erratically.

Like most microwaves.

Buttons are easy to understand.

This microwave came with the apartment I rent and has been here for at least a few years, so it's held up pretty well.

Very spacious and it has a handle door, rather than one where you have to press a button (which eventually becomes stuck in many microwaves).

• Settings/Features:

Maytag Microwave Magic - Space Saver!

from Troy, OH

Comments about Maytag MMV5207A 1100 Watts Microwave Oven:

This microwave packs a big bang for the buck! It's incredibly space savy and in my tiny kitchen that's so important! The inside of the microwave is bigger than any I've ever had. Tall dishes, as well as wide or odd dishes have never been a problem to microwave. But the magical thing about this microwave is that it doesnt' take up a lot of space in my kitchen. It's compact and fits under my cabinets nicely. You dont even know it's there. And while this microwave is a few years old, it still looks brand new! The buttons havent' worn or taken damage. The white gloss is easy to clean and care for and it still works as good as the day it was bought. This is an excellent value!!!