2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

I love it!!!

I love my dishwasher. I've used other dishwashers in the past and this is the best layout I've encountered so far. I can pack so much in there and it always comes out clean. I can fill it with dirty, food crusted, unrinsed dishes and leave them for 3-4 days and they always come out spotless!!!! The only negative comment I read which I'll have to agree with is that it does take forever, but that's not an issue for me.

Hey Maytag stand by your crap product with full reimbursement

We purchased the Maytag "Quiet Series 200" dishwasher 3 years ago. after only less then a month of use we had to have someone service the piece of s--t (control board had to be replaced). Over the next year since, it was serviced by the same guy, 3 more times for the same damn issue!!!!!! After the warranty ran out, we were told we will have to pay for any service plus any labor that may occur in the future. To this day we are still having problems with this piece of Maytag crap!!! In hindsight we should have gotten the extended warranty. I am aware that sometimes things malfunction, but as I have read many reviews this junk washer should be recalled and customers who have suffered with the agony of repair after repair should be honored with a new model or full reimbursement for the piece of s--t !!!!!!! Getting back to the "extended warranty" If Maytag built a solid product there would be no need for the extended warranty and if it had been purchased what do we do after the extension runs out, continue to purchase more extended warranties??? !!!!!!!! This is not only a review of of the junk that was sold to countless people expecting quality and good craftsmanship, this is also a letter going to Maytag corporation.

It doesn't clean, and it's LOUD.

Comments about Maytag Legacy Built-in Dishwasher Quiet Series 200:

We purchased this as a replacement for a Viking dishwasher, which we moved to the basement mini-kitchen as a remodel after the previous owner had gutted the basement prior to sale. The Viking was extremely quiet, but the interior was SMALL, not suitable for a family of 6. We liked the Maytag because of its large interior and flexible loading design. The first we noticed was how much LOUDER the Maytag was. Those who call this model quiet have never heard a Bosch or other truly quiet dishwasher, which are so quiet you can stand right next to them and not even realize they're working. The second thing we noted was how long the cycle takes. A long cycle can take literally hours, and even the medium cycle takes 90 minutes. Not a big deal, because we just run the washer before we go to work or go to bed. However, we run into problem number 3, which is that even though the dishwasher runs forever, it does NOT CLEAN the dishes adequately. Our big family tends to load up the dishwasher heavily, but even after I rearrange things for maximum efficiency, and PRE-SOAK AND PRE-WASH most of the bowls, plates and dishes, I'm still finding dirty dishware that needs to be run through the washer again. I use extremely hot water and Cascade liquid detergent. Also, due to some design flaws, utensils can slip through and stop the rotating sprayers, essentially wasting the wash. You can tell because everything will feel greasy. Another problem: the washer itself is DIRTY. It builds up gunk everywhere along the edges and corners, there is no disposal, and cleaning any food that falls off the dishes to the bottom is extremely difficult and messy. The electronics have worked well, and although it is difficult to arrange bowls, it is a roomy design.
Update 11/30/13: Unfortunately the leak this dishwasher developed in March 2013 didn't end this dishwasher's career, but the bottom cleaning arm has stopped spinning, so we have to stop several times during each wash cycle to move the arm to a different position to wash more dishes. It's easier just to hand wash the bottom rack, and I guess that's what we're doing with our thorough pre-washes anyway. The replacement dishwasher is on its way.

LOUD

Cleaning Time
Takes a very long time. Run it when you leave for work or go to bed.

Loading Flexibility
Roomy. Bowls don't stand up.

Requires pre-cleaning and often rewashing. Bottom spinning washer arm failed, no longer spins.

Accumulates gunk, difficult to clean fallen food from the bottom.

Don't buy it......

Comments about Maytag Legacy Built-in Dishwasher Quiet Series 200:

Mine quit working too. Lights come on but it won't start. This started several months ago and would happen on and off. It was also not cleaning the dishes very good. I was washing all junk off the dishes beforehand and then putting them in there. Not sure if that had something to do with our hard water or what.

Maytag Quiet Series 200

Comments about Maytag Legacy Built-in Dishwasher Quiet Series 200:

It was only quiet for about a year. Now it's really loud and water won't drain. I have an inch of water sitting in the bottom. It has gross goopy stuff around the rubber lining. Do not buy it! Cups come out with sandy stuff al in the bottom of the cup. Glasses are cloudy.

• Loading Flexibility:

Loudiest in the quiet series

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Maytag Legacy Built-in Dishwasher Quiet Series 200:

I do not know what is quiet about this dishwasher. I have been through several makes and models (because of moving) and this by far is the loudest. The normal cycle also last for 90 minutes. I feel like that is a very long time for dishes to be cleaned. Also whenever I don't pre rinse their is almost always residue leftover on the dishes. Upside...its stainless steel so it looks nice.

• Loading Flexibility:

Easy, Quiet, cleans dishes well!

Comments about Maytag Legacy Built-in Dishwasher Quiet Series 200:

I can not remember a time when my family has not had a Maytag dishwasher. As an appliance that is used almost daily it is integral that it withstands lots of use..and that it gets the dishes perfectly clean. The dishes always come out shiny, spic and span! I would definitely recommend this dishwasher.

Great Quiet Dishwasher!

Comments about Maytag Legacy Built-in Dishwasher Quiet Series 200:

I love this dishwasher! It is very spacious inside so I can fit in large pots that I have had to hand wash with other dishwashers. this dishwasher is very quiet, I can barely hear that it is on! The control panel is easy to use. I love that it has a "sanitize" setting for when I wash dishes that were used to cook raw meat.

It is very quiet!

Cleaning Time
It takes quiet a while to wash one load maybe 60-90 min.

Loading Flexibility
There is lots of room in this dishwasher!

My dishes are always very clean.

The dishwasher is designed well so that lots of dishes can be washed at once.

I have seen no signs of wear and tear so far.

• Loading Flexibility:

Middle of the road dishwasher

from Spring, TX

Comments about Maytag Legacy Built-in Dishwasher Quiet Series 200:

We purchased this dishwasher 6 years ago. I don't recall the exact price, but it was not the cheapest and definitely not the most expensive. I picked it out because it seemed a reasonable price for a very large capacity interior. The top basket is tiered so extremely tall pots can fit in as well as regular goblets etc...The bottom still has plenty of space to put cookie sheets (even on the upper tall basket side). The silver tray is in the middle of the bottom basket, but does not take up too much space. When it is running, it is not super silent but much more so than the cheapest models of dishwashers. It does not leave my dishes water spotted so that is great. However, after only 6 years, several tines on the bottom basket are starting to rust. This seems rather too early to me. I would probably not really recommend this dishwasher, but it is fine and serves its purpose.

lots of space

think the clean dishes are as much a tribute to my dish soap as to the dishwasher

rusting tines after only 6 years.

• Loading Flexibility:

Needs Some Effort In Maintenance, But Solid Performer.

from Podunk, NY

Comments about Maytag Legacy Built-in Dishwasher Quiet Series 200:

We have had two dishwashers- both Maytag. The Legacy Built-In Dishwasher Quiet Series 200 has its drawbacks, but it also is a pretty decent dishwasher. There are quite a few features which I feel are nice to have. There are different settings for the wash cycles. I like the wash and hold cycle which allows me to rinse the dishes to keep the food particles from drying on the dishes so that the next day I can finish filling the dishwasher and run it again the next day.

The heat boost and the adjustable air heat are also things I like to have on my dishwasher too.

Noise Level
Although this dishwasher is labeled as QUIET, it is not quiet at all. However, it is not so loud that we can not hold a conversation in our kitchen. We also do not have the one side built in like we could either- we never closed it in with a solid wall, but just a thin one.

Cleaning Time
Dishes are done in a reasonable amount of time, but nothing super fast. I also find that the dishes should be scraped of decently before putting them in the unit. We were told at the time of purchase that we didn't need to rinse them, but have found over time it is best to do so. We also found that you have to keep the bottom clean too- clear out debris that might gather there, and the machine runs better.

Loading Flexibility
I love the way that the racks are set up. There is plenty of flexibility for loading dishes, yet great places to put things when you want a tight load of dishes to run- lots of slats, etc.

So far, this dishwasher has been a good solid performer for us. My husband has had to replace one part on the unit, but nothing really expensive or over the top. He does take it apart and clean it once a year to be sure that all runs well. We also have found that running Lemi-shine in the unit makes it work better consistently and not leave dishes cloudy.

Taking all things into consideration, I like the design of this dishwasher. Every time I go look at other dishwasher brands, I feel even more confident about our dishwasher as I like the design and set up best. It is pretty sturdy inside too.

I am impressed that this dishwasher has lasted as long as it has. The first one we had is also still running after 20 years, but the newer one about 5 or 6. My husband can repair many things in the units so that helps. If you are completely dependent on others for repairs, make sure you have someone you can call that you trust, in case you have some issues with it.

• Loading Flexibility:

Very noisy, runs for a long time and dishes are not clean.

Comments about Maytag Legacy Built-in Dishwasher Quiet Series 200:

This model was the builder grade dishwasher. Was a year in use when we bought the house. Immediately noticed the noise. Had to leave the living room when it was running so we started running it at bedtime or upon leaving the house.

Three years from being put into the house new, the dishes are now cloudy and dirty. Coffee cups are not white and dishes have a film on them. This item had a recall on it and that was fixed. Something about an element could catch fire.

I hate this model very much. It used to clean well, but lately it doesn't clean at all.

• Loading Flexibility:

This machine is a nightmare!

Comments about Maytag Legacy Built-in Dishwasher Quiet Series 200:

DON'T BUY THIS MACHINE!!! We got stuck buying this Maytag instead of a better brand because our kitchen counter did not allow for a taller one. It has been noisy and crappy from day one. I don't remember the heat dry element ever working. It grinds up food and bakes in on in a fine grit. A big piece of the machine cracked on the inside floor of the unit. The repair man (from A&E) came out and claimed the problem was cosmetic and refused to fix it. He also refused to fix the rubber gasket that seals the door, which was also faulty. We have the extended warranty, but the service has been terrible. Each time they have tried to charge us for parts and services. The repair people come late, or not at all. We have to fight them every step of the way. BEWARE of this and all Maytag products. I will never buy them again.