4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

Maytag dishwasher a good value

This Maytag dishwasher we purchased to replace our old dishwasher that was not working properly.  We purchased it with our tax refund and at the time of purchase there was an additional rebate on this particular dishwasher.  We love this dishwasher because it cleans the dishes very well without having to rinse them before putting them in.  The Maytag dishwasher has several functions on it including a sanitize function which is great since we have a newborn baby.  We can put his bottles, nipples, and pacis in the top rack and then put it on sanitize and I don't have to worry about boiling water to do it seperatly.  We have tried lots of different detergents with this dishwasher and everyone that we have used has been great at cleaning the dishes.  There are water cycles on both the upper and lower racks.  It also has a basket on the bottom for utensils and a basket on top for other smaller items.  Wine glasses also wash well in here since Maytag designed a special area just for them to go with having to worry about breaking them.

Maytag Portable Dishwasher

I just bought this dishwasher from a clearance appliance store and so I don't have much experience with it yet.  But so far, I do like how it runs.  It is pretty loud, but I think many dishwashers are.  I think it sounds extra loud because it isn't hidden underneath countertops, etc. like a normal dishwasher would be.  I do hate the fact that you have to hook it up to the sink every time you want to use it.  It is a pain not to have access to the sink while the dishwasher is running.  But I have a friend who said he could help me put in an extra hookup for it so that I wouldn't have to do that anymore.  I'm not sure how much a regular plumber would charge to do that, but I would suggest looking into it beore you buy a portable dishwasher.  My biggest problem with it is that is big and bulky to move around and I don't have room for it in my kitchen to store it.  So I end up having to move it long distances which is a pain.  I would make sure you really do have room for it before buying it.

It was perfect for my situation.

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Portable Dishwasher:

I bought this washer from a friend of mine who got a new one. I rent an apartment that does not have a dishwasher included in the place. She had an actual one installed so she did not need this anymore. You have to have a big enough space for it to go... i have a big pantry closet so space wasn't really too much of an issue for me. You connect the house to the sink and turn your sink on when you use it. So make sure if you get it, you don't need to use the sink for anything. I don't really find it any louder than a normal dishwasher, but I do have hearing problems so it could be. It seems to take an average amount of time to wash the dishes and they are perfectly clean. It may just be my imagination but it seems just a bit smaller than a normal dishwasher but it does hold a whole sinkful of my dishes so i can't really complain too much. If you can't get a dishwasher installed, portable is a really nice way to go.

• Loading Flexibility:

The Jetclean is pretty nice!

from Ohio

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Portable Dishwasher:

Maytag's Jetclean Plus Portable Dishwasher works great. It is the biggest portable dishwasher I have been able to find yet and overall I'm pretty pleased with my portable dishwasher. The Maytag Jetclean does have wheels underneath it making it portable. The wheel setting is pretty stealth so that the wheels are disguised quite well and someone would most likely not even notice my Maytag Jetclean Plus Portable Dishwasher is not a permanent fixture in my kitchen. It has several different wash cycles and does a pretty thorough job washing my dishes. The Maytag Portable Jetclean Plus Dishwasher does come with a heated dryer cycle too. My only complaint about the dryer is the that the cycle does not run long enough to dry a full load and I usually end up having to run the drying cycle more than once. Other than that, it's a great portable dishwasher that is perfect for apartment living and it is worth the price!

• Loading Flexibility:

If you want something easy, its not this

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Portable Dishwasher:

I bought this on sale, from an outlet appliance store, when I moved into a rental home that did not have a dishwasher. Yes, I hate washing dishes that much LoL. I never even knew about portable ones until I saw this in another high end store. I liked the look of it and I really liked the butcher block top, so it would double as a counter top/work space. What I didn't take into account was the amount of space it was going to take up. Unless you have some odd empty corner, it can become bulky and in the way. I found that I was always rolling mine around to get it out of my way. I also didn't realize how much of a pain it would be to hook it up to the sink every time AND have it spew out all the water into the sink and splashing up on the counters. I ended up selling it to someone who had more room and hand washed for the rest of the time I was there. To me, this was not worth it and more of a hassle than it was worth.

Good portable dishwasher

from Framingham, MA

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Portable Dishwasher:

As long as you prewash major food adhesions, you'll be fine. It really does a pretty good job or removing residue and crumbs. Not the greatest on things like dried egg or dirty silver wear.

Noise Level
It's not bad, given it has virtually no insulation. If you turn it off before the drying cycle it's much quieter than expected. I choose to turn if off once it reaches the drying cycle and let the dishes air dry.

Cleaning Time
A bit long, but not that bad for a portable. Especially if you don't use the drying cycle.

Loading Flexibility
No problems, thought it could use a bigger silver wear tray.

As long as you prewash major food adhesions, you'll be fine.

Wood top acts and an island. This is more useful than my own counters as I live in a small house.

Nothing has broken off of it yet.

Maytag All the Way

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Portable Dishwasher:

I am Team Maytag all the way. This dishwasher in particular. Initially, upon receiving this dishwasher, I thought to myself...a dishwasher is just a dishwasher, right? Wrong, so wrong. This dishwasher fits great into tight and small spaces. So, if you have a tiny kitchen or just a small area to place a dishwasher, this is the one for you. It is portable! You can not get any better than a portable dishwasher. It is great also because it is not loud. It runs very quietly so it doesnt disturb you or your family at all. When you do have to actually clean this dishwasher, it is a breeze and a snap. Great for apartment dwellers or small spaces.

Good, but not Fantastic

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Portable Dishwasher:

This dishwasher sits in the corner of my kitchen until I need it, then it's in the middle of the room for the duration of the cycle. It has to be hooked up to the sink, which can be a real pain. It doesn't always get the dishes as clean as I want, but it's definitely better than doing them by hand!

Noise Level
I have tile and hardwood, and can feel the vibrations through the whole floor of the house. Not very good for when the kids are sleeping.

• Loading Flexibility:

A great portable dishwasher model for a small kitchen.

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Portable Dishwasher:

My father-in-law purchased this dishwasher for my husband and I when we first moved into our new house about six years ago. It has done a great job for the most part. Our kitchen is very small and there is no counter space for a built in dishwasher so we opted for a portable. Its lamented wood-like counter top makes for a great additional food prep area. This dishwasher does a great job of cleaning the dishes with minimal pre-rinsing required. A repair man did have to come out and replace the heating coil in it a few years ago. Also, last year the front panel display shorted out. My husband was able to find a replacement panel from a online shop, and he repaired it himself. It has worked perfect ever since. I love the convince of being able to have a dishwasher in my kitchen that is portable and compact enough for a small sized room. The price is not bad on this model either. It runs a little loud, but no more than any other dishwasher really. Besides the minor repairs we enjoy having this Maytag unit.

Noise Level
This model dishwasher is a little loud, but for the price it is not bad.

Cleaning Time
It takes about 2 hours to complete a full cleaning cycle, so not too bad.

Loading Flexibility
For a portable dishwasher I feel like this Maytag holds a good deal of dishes.

Despite the bad heating coil and the shorting out of the front panel, which luckily we were able to fix relatively easy, this unit has been great!

We like the portability and the compactness of this unit. It is easy to load and unload and the extra counter top space is nice.

This dishwasher has had to have some repairs done, but all in all it has held up relatively well for us for the past six years.

A Tricky washer

from San Clemente, CA

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Portable Dishwasher:

Maytag is a great company, but the dishwasher can be lackluster. Sometimes it washes some items and the others are dirty. Other times it can do a great job. You just don't know what you will get out of cheap washers, or washers in general. They can break easily as well. Therefore with washers I try and buy a decent product and get the warranty if I want that washer for a period of time.

Maytag Jetclean Portable Dishwasher Review

from Fostoria, OH

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Portable Dishwasher:

This is a great dishwasher. Even after two years of use it still works great. My dishes get clean and have no stains. This dishwasher can hold alot of dishes so I don't have to make two loads. It is great on water and is easy to connect to the faucet. I even get extra countertop space for cutting ingredients or preparing food. This is way easier than handwashing. This way my hands won't dry out and look all wrinkly. It is hard to move across the kitchen. It is easy to reach the dishes. It's easy to load because of the design. Cups and bowls go on the top and pots and pans at the bottom. The top gets less heat so it won't melt dishes. The bottom will melt plastic bowls. The dishwasher even has a great drier in it so you don't have to dry the dishes. The only thing you have to do is put them away.

Maytag Dishwasher is awesome!

from Iowa Park, TX

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Portable Dishwasher:

I thought I was going to be fine without having a dishwasher when I bought my house with a small kitchen. Well, a few months later and I was wishing I had one built in. Since there's no room to fit one in, my dad researched and found this one at Sears. I only wish we would have done that when we moved in!  This dishwasher has been great!!! I have yet to have any real problems with it. I love that it has a lot of room in it to fit pots & pans and even has a cycle for it! I find it does best when you have the rinse agent filled as well. It really doesn't use very much dish detergent yet it cleans very well and no spots on the dishes. It rolls very easy to the sink and back in place. The top also doubles as more countertop space which is great when you have a smaller kitchen. I have been very pleased with this product and it was worth the money getting it. It doesn't use any more water than I did when I did it by hand.