Other Dishwashers:
MDB6709AWB, MDB6709AWW, MDB6709AWS

Pros

Cons

efficient dishwasher

This Maytag automatic dishwasher gets the dishes clean effortlessly with small amounts of dishwasher soap.  Lots of room in the bottom to stack tall items, there is no spindle to get in the way. Removable silverware containers have tabs to fit over bottom racks to stay upright, and there are fold down flaps that have slots to put long utensils in to keep them upright. Top rack has plenty of room for glasses and bowls and is seperated into different heights. The water is sprayed from jets on the back wall of the machine and from underneath the bottom rack.  This machine is water efficient and an energy saver too. Lots of different settings to choose from including normal, rinse only, heavy, light, heated dry, sanitize, and pot scrubber. This Maytag is not very quiet. The only drawback that I have found is that even with heated dry there is still water left on top of upside down dishes that have a lip or edge on the base of them, sometimes this leftover water gets dumped on the bottom rack of dishes when removing the top rack items.

Great looking, but takes three washes or more to clean dishes.

Upon first glance I was in love with this dishwasher. It brought the whole kitchen together and it's touch buttons and styling were awesome. The first wash I did in this was a light load and the dishes came out clean, but spotty. I've had a whirlpool in the past and I never had spotty dishes. Needless to say I was confused. I tried a new type of detergent in my next load and the results were WORSE. There was food left on the dishes and most of them seemed dirtier than they were when they first went in. I've tried running the washer on different cycles, even using the heaviest setting for light soiling. I've tried rinsing the dishes before they go in the washer, but nothing seems to help. It also gets TOO hot in the drying stage. I'm sure this would be a great thing if when the cycle ended and the dishwasher allowed you to open it, you could actually touch the dishes. I would absolutely not recommend this dish washer to anyone unless they plan on hand washing everything. The only good part of this washer is it's appearance.

Good for the strong for awhile

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

See comments in the following boxes.

Noise Level
Actually seems slightly quieter than previous models I've had in the past.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time on this dishwasher seems to be about average, nothing remarkably slow or fast, just average. I've never actually timed it though. I just run it when I go to bed so I wouldn't know the exact speed. It's roughly 2-3 hours.

This dishwasher is very strong. Sometimes too strong! I've always had dishwashers in the past that had a push button kind of mechanism that would release the catch so the door was free to open. This one doesn't have any button like that so you just have to pull with all your might to open it.... However, I am positive that it won't open up accidentally while it's running. I'm fairly strong yet I still have trouble opening it at times and have even scraped my fingers trying to pull it open. If you are older, weaker or have arthritis or something similar this probably isn't the dishwasher for you. Opening it can be so difficult.

• Loading Flexibility:

This Maytag dishwasher is a good, reliable, efficient dishwasher

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher is functional and does the job required in a relatively short time. The exterior is attractive and easy to clean, which is important with a large family, who make a lot of mess, and keep one busy.

Noise Level
Although not by any means a silent machine, this dishwasher is not noisy - if the kitchen is right next to or open plan with a family room, then it will disturb television or movie watching - but with dividing walls or some distance it will not disturb

Cleaning Time
This dishwasher takes approximately an hour to wash, a little longer left standing for all dishes to be completely dry - this is average for dish washers. Unloading too early before allowing time to finish drying, and you may well be tipping water off the tops of your cups and bowls

Loading Flexibility
This dishwasher holds a large number of dishes and silverware, and is fairly flexible as to where dishes can be fitted - not the most flexible I have ever come across, but not a problem issue

Most of the time dishes come out sparkling, but every now and then dishes come out with a lot of residue. The dishes are not dirtier than usual, the same detergent and finished has been used, and the garbage disposal is always run and cleared before the dishwasher is run, so there is no obvious reason for it.

This dishwasher is sleek and attractive, and stays clean with just a quick wipe

Time wlll tell as to the durability of this dishwasher, but it does feel solid and long-lasting, with good strong hinges on the door, and the interior trays and baskets are rigid and good quality

Maytag 24" Jetclean® Plus Built-In Dishwasher w/ Premium Rack Gl

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

We purchased this dishwasher to replace a 16+ year old dishwasher that was still working but the racks were rusted and falling apart.
We are returning it due to leaking. In the beginning it leaked on the "auto" cycle anywhere from 1 tablespoon to 3 cups of dirty water. If you are looking at the dishwasher the leak came down the left side . Two service calls with a pleasant knowledge worker could not find the problem.
We have had this dishwasher since the end of November 2013. More than 3/4 of the time we had a leaking issue. It would leak during the wash and rinse cycles.
It cleaned well and ran very quiet. Nice silverware containers. Nice gliding shelves.
Disappointed. When we get a replacement I am pretty sure I will not get the same one.

Good manual and my husband who installed said it was pretty easy to install.

Very quiet

Cleaning Time
Average time according to cycle chosen.

Loading Flexibility
I did not feel it loaded as well as my older dishwasher.

Leak issues . Did nicely with no spotting of glassware.

Nice handle , we had black and it looked sleek .

Leak issues

Great product

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

We've had our dishwasher for three years and have been very happy with it. We have only had one minor issue - the rubber lining came loose. We had it covered under warranty and ti was fixed within one day. Great product for a reasonable price. We'd recommend it to anyone!

• Loading Flexibility:

So much better than my last dishwasher!

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

Awesome dishwasher! Does a wonderful job cleaning my dishes, and doesn't leave any spots!! I haven't had any problems with it breaking like I did my last dishwasher. It looks great in my kitchen as well, which has all black appliances. Very happy with the choice I made!

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

I have one of these at home, it works really well. When your doing the dishes just wash the plate once then put it in the dishwasher and watch it does it's magic. It will make the dishes really clean especially if you put it on heavy.

Noise Level
The noise level is pretty loud ,when you close the door, you still can hear it in the other room. There is nothing you can do to change the noise level unfortunately, but it's still a good dishwasher.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time does not take very long, it takes about 30 some odd minutes. It's worth the wait, 30 minutes is not very long at all.

Loading Flexibility
It's good you can put a lot of dishes in the dish washer it has a lot of space on top and bottom . Also you put the detergent in and you would have to fill that at the top. You will know what im talking about when you put the detergent inside and buy the dishwasher.

The performance is good because you will see the difference after the dishwasher stops.

It's nothing to really brag about because it is plain black.

It last a long time. We had this dishwasher for years and we still have it.

NICE LOOKING DISHWASHER AND CLEANS WELL

from DES MOINES, IA

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

I got this dishwasher to replace a 15 year old Kenmore dishwasher that was falling out of the cupboard and didn't clean at all. Compared to that this Maytag dishwasher is a dream! It looks great! We got it in stainless steel and the only cleaning I do is use a microfiber cloth and water. It cleans up really nice. The inside is all stainless steel so it seems to dry our dishes faster. The racks are all plastic and so is the spraying wands. I'm not sure how durable it will be over the long run but for now they work great. I like the variable height top rack so I can fit large plates on the bottom rack. I also like how the silverware section has a couple flip down lids. Great for those small items that you want to wash.
I can't believe how quiet it is! My old dishwasher you had to turn up the tv but now I check it just to make sure it is on. The biggest change I had to make going from an old dishwasher to this new one was how long it washes. My old one would wash and dry in an hour but this unit takes a lot longer more than twice as long. Once finished the dishes and glasses look great and clean so well worth the extra time.

We had this unit professionally installed and they had no trouble putting this dishwasher in. They did comment that all dishwashers usually last on average 5 years because of the way they are built these days.

Overall I am very happy with this new dishwasher!

Noise Level
So quiet you have to check to make sure it is running!

Great Dishwasher

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher can clean just about anything. I rarely rinse my dishes anymore unless there is a bunch of big stuff on them. It is easy to use and I have never had a problem with it. My kids can even run the thing. It is a fabulous machine and I would highly recommend it. I think the load capacity is good but could be a little better. I have always used Jet tabs in this machine and my dishes are always sparkling clean with no hard water build up or residue. We have had our model MDB6709AWB for about a year now and have loved it. It was a huge improvement over our previous dishwasher.

Noise Level
Can be a little loud sometimes but much quieter than our old dishwasher was!

Cleaning Time
Cleaning cycles are quick and efficient.

Loading Flexibility
Can load far more dishes than our last machine. Still wish it could hold some of my larger bowls though.

Excellent machine. Dishes come out sparkling clean every time!

Matches my other machines and looks very sleek and modern.

Only had it for a year but so far no problems

Great dishwasher

from Adelanto, CA

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

We didnt buy this maytag dishwasher it came with our house that we bought and honestly I have no problems with it what so ever. Im not sure how much it costs but if it went out today I would buy it again. It's big and roomy inside and fits everything, it has the spots where the containers can come out, it has no spindal thing in the middle that usually gets in the way, it makes it easy for you to orgainize your dishes inside. Also its pretty quite too when running, I use my a few times a week and have never had a problem. And I really never had an issue with the dishes still being dirty after using. it has great standard features. I love the style too and the color. I also have hard and never had a problem.

• Loading Flexibility:

Cleans dishes effectively & runs pretty quietly!

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

My housemate and I got this dishwasher about four months ago and it has been a great pleasure to use. It was very easy to figure out the different settings on the front as well as the dishwasher gel compartments inside. It has nice options for silverware and plenty of space to do dishes for two working adults for about 4-5 days. Lots of space inside for taller pieces on the bottom shelf (which rolls in and out quite nicely) and good layout on the top shelf for cups, bowls, etc. My only complaint would be that it seems to be a bit slower to cycle through wash and dry than other dishwashers I've had in the past.