Other Dishwashers:

Pros

Cons

SATISFACTORY

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

I have owned this stainless steel Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher (model #MDB6709AWB) for almost seven years now, and over that time, I have learned that I do not even need to keep the glass sparkling solution replenished, because it cleans so well, that I have seldom experienced any spotting. This may or may not be due to the fact that I have only used one clear liquid dishwashing soap (Kirkland from Costco), which apparently does a superior cleaning job every time. As for the final cleanliness of a full load, this dishwasher has consistently tackled every type of dish soil, including dried on cream cheese, sour cream, egg yolk, thick grease, milk rings, and more. The only thing I have had to re-scrub by hand was a frying pan with a heavily charred burnt, textured heating surface. Now, I simply pre-soak very heavily soiled items with dish soap and hot water in the sink before I send them to the dishwasher. As far as some wear and tear on this appliance after several years, there are some melt marks on the racking and the open/close handle is shot (but it still opens, closes and seals tightly).

Noise Level
Was quieter when newer, but still good.

Cleaning Time
Average of a couple of hours.

Open/close handle is worn out after almost 7 years.

• Loading Flexibility:

So happy with this appliance

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

We recently purchased a house that had this Maytag dishwasher in it. I did not have a dishwasher in my previous home, but was so excited to have one. I have 3 children 3 and under, so the convience was a great plus. This dishwasher has not disappointed, I do not pprewash my dishes, I scrape off any solids and have rarely had anything come through with any dirt still on it (usually if I do see something I can trace it back to being improperly loaded in the washer, not the washers fault). So happy to have a quality appliance in my home.

Noise Level
Very quiet through most of the cycle, a little noise when it is first spraying off the dishes I think.

Cleaning Time
It does take a while, but I usually start before bed, so I don't have a problem with it being to long.

Loading Flexibility
No movable racks or anything fancy, but I have not had a problem fitting what I need to into the spaces provided.

If something comes out still dirty I usually see right off that it was a problem with how things were put in, and not the fault of the dishwasher. I don't pre-wash, or do much rinsing, I scrape off the solids and put them in, sometimes it is a day or two before it runs, so some things are dried on, yet it still cleans wonderfully

Have not had a problem with anything.

Have only been using this appliance for about 8 months, it was in the house when we bought it, but it has become my favorite. The Maytag name still stands for something.

• Loading Flexibility:

Quiet, long cycles, average cleaning job

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher is very quiet, but its cleaning cycles are long (several hours, even the "quick" cycle). We have to add extra detergent and pre-wash our dishes (or use "heavy duty" for a regular cleaning job) for it to actually get all the dishes clean. Also, the default is heated dry, which is annoying, because we'd rather not use this, but it's easy to forget to turn it off, which is a waste of electricity.

Noise Level
Very quiet; can't hear it at all from upstairs.

Cleaning Time
Takes several hours to clean the dishes. The quick wash cycle takes over an hour, and it only works if the dishes are already practically clean.

Loading Flexibility
According to the manual, the top shelf is adjustable, but it doesn't look like the manual, and we could not adjust ours. It has generous space on the top shelf while still allowing plenty of space on the bottom, but the prongs are all fixed, not adjustable at all, and it's awkward fitting several of our bowls, mugs, and glasses.

Doesn't always clean as well as we'd like.

We've only had it for a few months, but the parts seem sturdy.

• Loading Flexibility:

Maytag JetClean Plus Dishwashers are very quiet.

from Chino Hills, CA

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

The Maytag JetClean Plus 24 In. Built-In Tall Tub Dishwasher (Model #MDBH949AWW) is a very nice unit.  It is a very quiet dishwasher and cleans extremely well.  The racks are nylon coated which means they are less likely to rust inside your dishwasher.  We've had this dishwasher now for 7 months and we have zero complaints.  Some of the reasons we purchased this unit over other dishwashers:

- There's no need to rinse dishes thoroughly.  It has a stainless steel food chopper (hard food disposal) that eliminates that task.

- The tall tub design is awesome.  All of our pots, baking sheets, and cutting boards fit in the bottom rack.  The silverware basket is removable if you need more space on the bottom rack.

- Cost of unit.  This Maytag dishwasher had features of a higher end, more expensive dishwasher.  We purchased it while it was on sale and it included free delivery.

I would definitely recommend Maytag JetClean Plus dishwashers.