Other Dishwashers:

Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

Five Star Rating Here

I own the Maytag Jetclean Plus Built in Dishwasher. I proudly own one of these machines. I have not seen anything on the market that lasts as long as these Maytags. I owned a Maytag in the past and it finally conked out on me after several years of use. I was so happy with the way the machine lasted that I decided to stick to the brand and I bought another one. When i got it home and hooked it up i ran dishes through it. The dishes were spic and span with no residue or spots on them. This machine was built just like the one i used to own and that's hard to find now days. The technology of this appliance is incredible and up to date. It has not broken down on us yet and we never have to worry about finding a repair man because it is built so well. You can tell when you own one of the Maytags that the employees of the company take great pride in their work. This particular Dishwasher could have been designed a little quieter though, However it is not too loud. I will recomend this dishwasher to anyone that needs one.

Definitely not the best

I purchased this dishwasher based on the price, the maytag name and its claim to be a quiet diswasher. First, it is anything but quiet. Part of the bottom rack rusted out after 2 years. I do like the size and amount of dishes it holds. I also like the racks adjust to accomodate larger items. It is the durability and loudness that are my primary issues. My dishes do not come out as clean despite having the plumbing redone and trying a variety of dishwasher products. Not certain I would purchase a Maytag again. Plan to purchase a new one and will definitely do more research this time. My question on the noise level would be on the design aspect or proper sealing of the door but there is no leakage so would feel if the issue qas the seal, leakage would also be a factor.

In reading some of the positive reviews, I must wonder if I got a defective product. Would be interested in reading further reviews to see if I am alone in the issues I have had.

I rated satisfactory based on size but there must be an issue with design to cause the noise factor.

The best dishwasher on the market for the price.

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

When I first checked out this dishwasher I didn't think much of it, but my husband insisted we get this particular machine and model. And it was one of the best ideas he has had in a while. It works great every time! I am never disappointed by my Maytag.

Noise Level
It is so quiet you will have to come over and open the door to be sure it is running, you can not hear anything. I found out that this model has sound dampening insulation to reduce the noise, and that it does quite well.

Cleaning Time
This would be the only thing I might have to complain about, but it really is nothing. It runs a little long, but for the quality of the wash that you get in that time I am thankful.

Loading Flexibility
The inside is huge and you can move around the trays to fit just about anything big or small it does it all!

The performance is tops. It has a 4 blade chopper to make sure that no food particles are left to clog up the washing system or clog up the jet sprayer. It also has a Power Blast system that gets all of the stuck on food off and it dries your dishes with a nice and hot steam, it really is great in every aspect of how a dishwasher should perform.

It is as if i designed this machine myself. It can do it all and do it all so well. You will not be let down with it.

It's a Maytag what more needs to be said! No really it is a great piece of equipment.

Maytag Jet Clean Dishwasher

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher was installed brand new when we moved into our home last year. I am very happy with how it works and washes the dishes. I do have some water spots on my tupperware and some glasses and cups, but it is not that bad. This dishwasher is very easy to use has different options to choose when you are washing a load of dishes. You can choose to heat dry or turn that off to air dry. I always turn the heat dry off and just slightly open the dishwasher door to let the dishes air dry. I very happy with my dishwasher and would highly recommend this brand and model to anyone.

Noise Level
It is very quiet compared to other dishwashers I have had and used.

Cleaning Time
It usually runs for about 45 minutes to wash a load of dishes. when I start my load, the time seems to go by quickly.

Loading Flexibility
You can load quite a bit of dishes in this machine. The shelves allow you to dishes in their different ways too.

It works great. I do have some spots on some of my dishes, mostly tupperware and glasses, after it is done washing.

• Loading Flexibility:

Still dependable quality but falls short on the extra jet

from Beckley, WV

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

Wish it had the extra jets the other washers had offered. Not getting the food off the dishes like I expected but better on the top rack than my other washer. Has more room on top but less room on bottom so it's a trade off.

Noise Level
It's so quiet you wonder if it's on

Maytag is always built to last. One of the reason we bought it was because it was stainless steel and had the disposable feature on it. I was constantly cleaning food out of our last one and I wasn't doing that again. Maytag is the only one who offers that. I knew what I wanted!

Clean on a Budget

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

I love my dishwasher! It is the first time I ever had one (except for my hands!) and it was one of the best parts of redecorating and remodeling my kitchen.

Noise Level
There are probably quieter dishwashers, but this one runs with a minimum of noise and does not bother anyone watching TV in the adjoining living room.

Cleaning Time
Never having had a dishwasher with which to compare it, it does seem to me that the cycle takes a long time. Perhaps this is just normal. I usually use the shorter wash cycle but let it dry the dishes, so perhaps that explains it.

Loading Flexibility
I can always get everything in that want in one load, from silverware, to dishes, to pots and pans and even the cutting board. I love that!

I may do more rinsing that is necessary, since I am used to hand-washing my dishes. Regardless, no matter how much full I load it, my dishes and pots always come out clean, shiny, and streak free.

I like the white design rather than the silver, even though I know it is no longer as popular. It fits well with my new kitchen.

I have only had it a couple of years, but so far there have been no problems and I am very happy with its durability.

• Loading Flexibility:

Not impressed with this dishwasher!

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

I was very satisfied (at first) with this dishwasher. It was quiet, efficient, and seemed to use very little energy. After about three years of owning this appliance, it started to leak water. I could not figure out where the leak was coming from, so I called my local appliance repairman. He came out and determined that the leak was coming from the floor of the dishwasher. The heating element overheated and created a hold in the plastic on the floor of the dishwasher. I immediately called Maytag and was told that my dishwasher was not one of the models that fell under the recall for this exact issue. I spoke to several different customer service representatives and they all said the same thing. My dishwasher was not recalled (even though similar ones were recalled for this exact issue) and I was out of luck. I had to replace a three-year-old dishwasher because of a manufacturing defect.

• Loading Flexibility:

Long lasting, average quality dishwasher.

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

After going through three dishwashers, this one is the best so far. It has lasted the longest, and does the job. There is nothing extra special about it. The quality is average but it runs quietly, and the dishes will come out clean if they are pre-rinsed. It clogs very quickly if the dishes are not rinsed before hand, and will run loudly. I like the dish rack design, as well.

Average cleaning time.

• Loading Flexibility:

quiet and well running dishwasher

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher works very well for our family.

Noise Level
This is a very very quiet dishwasher. We can only hear it running if we are in the kitchen at the time.

Cleaning Time
Cleaning time is average.

Loading Flexibility
It holds all our dishes, glasses, stemware and silverware fine. I don't put pots and pans in it however, as I have always preferred to wash them up by hand as I believe in cleaning as I cook, so that after the meal I only have our dishes to wash.

Rarely do I have to wash a dish the second time. Dishes come out clean and glassware comes out spotless.
During canning season I also use it to wash and sterilize my canning jars.

I wish it did not have the pressure sensitive push buttons. I sometimes have difficulty getting it to start, as they buttons don't always react to my touch. This is the only thing about this dishwasher that I do not care for.

Our maytag dishwasher gets run sometimes as often as 3-4 times a day. We have a large family and also do in home childcare, so it is always in use.

Easy to use Dishwasher

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

We just purchased this new dishwasher and it is amazing the difference in how clean my dishes are. We even installed it ourselves and it was very simple!

Loading Flexibility
Can fit plenty of dishes, I like to cook and I'm not stressed when getting dishes to fit.

It's so simple and easy to wipe down and keep clean.

Gets the job done! :)

from Lothian, MD

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

My family uses this dishwasher in their home. We go through A LOT of dishes and this has mostly been able to keep up with the load. The racks allow for placement in certain places of your cups, plates/pans, and utensils in separate areas.

The buttons can be a bit harder to push than some but it's not a big deal.

As far as cleaning goes, this is a powerful machine and our dishes would come out perfectly clean. (maybe a combination of detergent too?) However, after a few years use the dishes aren't always spotless, but they are good enough.

Most people seem to be complaing about how loud this thing is. It is loud!! but not so much that you need earplugs or anything, it should just be a sign that's telling you that this thing means serious business. You can hear it in the same room but it's not quite loud enough to hear it throughout our whole house at least. It's kind of a constant humming that you eventually get used to.

love my dishwasher

from Cornelius, NC

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

I love it! It is easy to use, the basin is made of stainless steel, it is quick, quiet and clean!

Noise Level
I cant believe how quiet this dishwasher is! I can wash dishes in our kitchen which is connected to our den even while I'm watching Tv. You'd never know the dishwasher was running! The dishwasher we had before, you could only run it when we were gone!

Cleaning Time
I am a little surprised how long it takes to wash a load BUT the dishes always come out clean! I really don't mind the time. I would rather it take longer and do a great job rather than rush through a load and have dirty dishes.

Loading Flexibility
Lots of space and utility holders. I love all the space on top and bottom. It is great to have the silverware dividers for each individual piece! Even our two year old helps me load and unload the dishwasher. Our ten year old can load and unload the dishwasher herself.

Always clean dishes! Yep, ALWAYS clean :) It's nice that all the inside mechanisims stay clean. I like not worrying about cleaning my dishwasher, its nice just to only be concerned with the dishes themselves.

The inside always stays gorgeous and mold free. The outside gets streaky if not cleaned with the right cleaner or if water gets spilled on it. Love the color inside and out, It is sleek and beautiful. I love the stainless steel.

The inside is what sold me. It is so clean and nice. I love the stainless steel interior. It always stays clean, and looks shiny. Our two year old has stood on the dishwasher door and it has held him well. It is a built in product that stays in place.