Other Dishwashers:

Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

The Maytag Jet Clean Plus is a wonderful dishwasher!!

I recently purchased the Maytag Jet Clean Plus dishwasher at Sears....The installers did a wonderful job and I can't believe how quiet and efficient my new dishwasher is....It does an excellent job of washing on all cycles....the silverware blaster is wonderful....It cleans the silverware the first time, every time....Dishes come out wonderfully clean....I generally use the extra dry on all cycles and with that the dishes come out dry every time....The stainless steel interior is wonderful and so easy to keep clean....I can't say enough good things about this dishwasher....It replaced a semi efficient and very noisy eighteen year old dishwasher with few options...I would recommend this dishwasher to anyone who loves a quiet household....The delay wash cycle is very helpful too...I set it, go to bed and never hear the machine do it's job....The adjustable top rack is a nice feature and I find there has been nothing negative about this dishwasher so far....I did purchase a three year extended warranty and hope that I really won't need it....Maytag and the Whirlpool Corporation get my vote for making a very good piece of household equipment and the stainless steel upgrade didn't cost me anything extra....That was a nice savings as well..

Eh not so good

This seems to be working well. Ocassional food particles, so I still have to pre-rinse pretty well. Quiet enough. Because of it not cleaning well though, this is a big bummer because i have to waste time to clean it off again. I was looking forward to buying this but only to find out its not working that well kicks me in the butt. If your a person that needs dishes to need a spot touch finishing to make it shiny then i would recommend this but if your a busy person that has no time for dishes, dont buy this because it will leave food particles over and you would be stuck cleaning off the rest of the dirty stuff off and using your time. Since I am a busy person, I dont see any good use as I have to pre wash or wash it after. So make sure whether u want to just do some finishing touches on the dish or just clean it without precleaning.

solid, but not great

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

This maytag washer is good, but not great. I used it for a few years at our old place. It is quiet and efficient, but we were never truly happy with how clean it got our dishes. The top rack does not clean well especially, and we found it to be problematic for glassware. For the price, not bad, but not outstanding in any way.

• Loading Flexibility:

Nice dishwasher with lots of features

from Flintstone, GA

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

We have only had this dishwasher for about one year. We seem to be hard on them, they only last about five years in our house. We moved from buying Kenmore to this Maytag hoping we would do better. So far we have been pleased. There is much loading flexibility with this dishwasher which is very important for me. Our dishes get clean. The dishwasher does not sound very noisy at all. In fact, it's almost like a quiet hum in the background. As far as durability, one year is hard to tell all have to check this review in five years and see if it still cleaning. And we did buy the extended warranty, this time, so I expect we shouldn't have any problems and if we do that they should be taking care of. The dishwasher's exterior is easy to wipe off with a damp cloth. The inside of course never needs care of it because it gets cleaned with the dishes. Overall I'm quite pleased with this dishwasher and hope it will last me many years to come.

• Loading Flexibility:

Not having to handwash says it all...

from Shallotte, NC

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

Spacious quiet and energy efficient. Our dishwasher went out and there are so many options to chose from now a days but we went with this model for its energy star rating and interior space. It operates quietly quickly and gets way more dishes clean in a lot less time then our older model.

Maytag MDB8959AW Built-in Dishwasher Average

from Tooele, UT

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

I've owned several maytag dishwashers over the years and this one has been overall average. I haven't had any really big problems with it. I have had to take apart the bottom of the inside to get food out of it, but I think that was just low water pressure didn't spray enough water to rinse all of the dishes on one load. I have the black finish dishwasher and have been pretty happy with how the outside has stayed clean. It is a lot easier to keep little handprints off of than stainless steel models. I would recommend this for anyone who is in the market for a dishwasher and wants good quality, but can't afford to spend a lot of money on top of the line appliances. I have also had fairly good results using dishwasher cleaners on this model. No problems with how the dishwasher runs. It is fairly quiet, too. You do have to be careful with where you place certain items during a wash cycle, but that is the same with any model I think.

The Maytag Jet Clean Plus is a wonderful dishwasher!!

from Mandan, ND

I love it!

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

This is one of the best dishwashers I've owned. The design is stylish and well done, blending in with the newer stainless steel appliances that have come up lately. Buttons are neatly hidden on the top of the door, visible when you pull the dishwasher open so they can't be bumped or pushed by small children. The dishwasher is quiet during operation, even when full of pots and pans, I didn't notice it running from the living room. The 2-arm jet inside cleans dishes well. You don't have to worry about rinsing off dishes before loading besides the large chunks that would clog the drains. The dishes come out clean every time, food left has not been an issue once. The inside is also spacious with room for lots of dishes.

Maytag Jetclean Plus in Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher

from Shelby, NC

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

Maytag Jetclean Plus in Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher is the best dishwasher to have. We have had ours for quite as while, and we have had no problems. It is a very quiet dishwasher. Dishes come out very clean, no residue or spots. Maytag builds great dishwashers. In fact, we wouldn't own any other brand. Maytag appliances are superior to all other brands. And, the price is hust right, very reasonable and comparable to other brands. That's why we got the best; we have not regretted it at all. This dishwasher is one that we think will last for an extremely long time. We have known many others who have gotten other dishwasher brands only to be extremely displeased with their purchase. They had had many repair issues and many end up getting another dishwasher in a very short time. That's unacceptable to me and my family, as we want the best, one that will last for years and years. We want one that does it's job. This one fits.****

Wonderful Machine

from Lawton, OK

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

I purchased this machine to replace a machine that we were very unsatisfied with. After our previous experience with dishwasher purchasing, I was a little aprehensive, but this machine is GREAT! I have no problems with it. It runs quiet, cleans the dishes very efficiently, and the drying feature actually leaves the dishes dry. I have not had any problems with it at all and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. I can put very soiled dishes in it and they come out spotless. I have also noticed that I can put twice as many dishes in this machine as in my last machine and it still gets everything clean. I only wish I needed another one so I could own 2. It is costly, but it is worth every penny you will spend.

CLEAN DISHES WITH OUR MAYTAG JETCLEAN PLUS!!!!!

from Crestline, OH

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

If you have alot of dishes daily, like we do, then the Maytag Jetclean Plus is for you!!! This is the dishwasher that we have, and day after day we have clean dishes!!!! Somedays we have load after load of dishes that have sat around the kitchen for a few hours. This dishwasher is AMAZING at getting dry, caked on food off of dishes. The heat/steam takes old dry baked off food in a flash! I have had many dishwashers before, but this dishwasher has the best quality that I have ever had, ever! The look is nice and classy, and goes well with all of our other stainless steel appliances in our kitchen. This seems to stay pretty much finger print free, and wipes off very nice. I have had so many complements on the looks of our dishwasher. I wont ever buy another dishwasher unless it is a Maytag Jetclean Plus replacement! This is so quiet when it is running, and the dishes come out dry, with no spots or stains. Even our larger pans fit quite nicely on the shelves.

Maytag makes a great dishwasher!

from Chino Hills, CA

Comments about Maytag Jetclean Plus Built-in Dishwasher:

When I first moved into my house, I got myself a stainless steel refrigerator, so of course I had to find a stainless steel built-in dishwasher to match it! The stainless steel ones are usually more expensive, but it would just look too tacky to not match your major appliances. However, I'm glad I spent extra money on this Maytag Jetclean Plus Dishwasher because it works really well. Just follow the instructions, and it's really simple to use. It gets my dishes "jetclean", just as advertised. It is also pretty quiet, with a very minimal amount of noise. My previous dishwasher was extremely loud, and I didn't even want to use it anymore because of that reason. This dishwasher also holds a lot of dishes. Overall, I am very happy with it.