Other Washing Machines:
Maytag
MAH2400AWW
Maytag Front Load Washer

Maytag Front Load Washer

My teeny laundry room welcomed the Maytag Compact.

Whoops!  First, I researched and ordered a Frigidaire.  Then, I decided to measure the doors of my teeny laundryroom.  (Duh.)  ALWAYS measure your doors FIRST if you have a weird old house!  Clearly, a 27" washer would get stuck in a 27" door.  Clearly, I didn't want to remove the woodwork in the doorway.  Luckily, Loewe's was very cooperative about my cancelling the Fridigaire.  So... I began my research all over and found that compact choices are few and far between.  Like other **Maytag Neptunes, the MAH2400 Compact** had strong reviews and a few strong *negative* reviews.  It is, however, one of the few good options for folks like me or for those living in apartments or condos.  So far, we're going great guns although using a front loader after having a toploader seems *really* different at first.   Immediately I've noticed how much cleaner my clothes are.  I've never been much for lots of buttons, but there *are* 22 choices for wash, cycle, temp, etc.  And while it still seems bizarre to use 2 or less tablespoons of HE designated detergent, please don't get any ideas about doing otherwise.      Be sure and read the directions fully.  Wiping down the door gasket and stainless tub afterwards and leaving the door open are certainly musts in the "avoid mildew" category.  The latter is also a safeguard if you have pets.  Even better is the door lock option if you have small kids or pet monkeys who might decide to get in and (God, forbid) shut the door.   Cross your fingers for me and... stay tuned!

I am unahppy with my purchase

I purchased the maytag front load washer and dryer when we purchased our home. I have had problems with the

seal on the door. Clothes were smelling funny when they came out of the wash. Unon inspection I found the seal was concealing mold and needs to be cleaned after every wash.

High-efficiency washer

from Franklin, TN

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

The product specifications are as follows :Maytag 24" Compact Front Load Washer - MAH2400WH/ High-Efficiency Wash System/ Large Interior Capacity/ 22 Custom Cycles/ TurboClean Wash/ Automatic Temperature Control/ Electronic Controls/ Commercial-Quality Stainless Steel Wash Basket/ Flexible Installation

This washer is high efficient so it uses less electricity and water and saves us money.It has a volume capacity of 2.4 cu/ ft and a large interior capacity.So lets me fit in a lot more items, since there isn't the agitator in the middle--like the top load models.It has a TurboClean wash system so the washtub gently tumbles clothes through a pool of detergent and water and all of my clothes come out really clean!The Self-Cleaning Lint Filter is very convenient as well.

The only con I can find is that the wash cycle is a tad too long.

I love my washer and it has never let me down in the 3 yrs of owning it.Definitely worth the price!

Maytag Front Load Washer MAH2400A: Great for small spaces!

from Athens, GA

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

I have owned the Maytag Front Load Washer MAH2400A since 2007 and this little washer is still going strong. This machine has fit wonderfully in the small homes we've lived in. We paired this washer with the matching dryer, and bought the stacking kit (inexpensive) so we can stack them when we like or have them side by side when it suits us. Shortly after making the switch from a traditional washer to a front loading washer we noticed a DRASTIC drop in our water bill, it was pretty amazing. I also noticed how much less laundry detergent I have to use- wow! I now use a fraction of what I used before. This saves me even more money and it is better for the environment, a win-win. I like all the wash options on this machine, such as quick wash, rinse only, along with the standard colors, normal, and so on. While this washer is small, it does the job for a 2 person household. I think if we had children I would want a larger machine provided it fit in the space. You could never fit a comforter in this washer, or a king sized blanket, but this washer does everything else we need it to do. Our clothes get very clean. Some people complain about a smell with front loaders, and all you have to do is leave your washer door open when not in use so it airs out completely. Our washer door is only shut when in use and we have never had a smell problem. 4 years old and going strong, I'd highly recommend this product.

"my maytag front load washer is an absolute nightmare!! "

from Jamaica, NY

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

I can't believe that it passed inspection in quality control. Fire the engineer! the rubber ring on the entry of the machine and the metal tub inside collects enormous amounts of dirt and gook. I even buy the cleaner recomended to keep the machine clean and that doesn't work. After washing a load on a normal cycle (55mins) 2x's and they are still not clean you tell me. This machine has and still is taking xtra money out my pockets because i use more detergent by washing the same loads twice, using electric and water more than should. The entire machine needs to be re-designed You can't manually control the water level or the temperature. This washer dispenses water according to the size of the load. I prefer to adjust my own water level because often times i feel for the size of my load if I could control the water level I would have it dispense much more beacause that also contributes to why the clothes are not clean. I give two thumbs down.

The Maytag washer is wonderful

from Saint Louis, MI

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

The washer is real energy efficent, it uses less water, less soap and does a good job of cleaning and is easier on the clothes.  I really like it for the handwash things. I had a front load washer almost 50 years ago and was so happy when Maytag came out with this washer.

Maytag Front Load Washer MAH2400A washes well

from Milpitas, CA

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

This washer is so quiet you won't even know it's running. Very impressive piece of machinery, runs smooth, well made, everything about this washer is heavy duty, including its weight at 245 pounds. The high speed spin cycle pretty much squeezes all the water out of the laundry so it takes about 15 minutes in the dryer after that. I am on the 2nd floor and was concerned about vibration but no issues whatsoever. Also, this washer uses very little water to get the job done. Very impressed, have always respected Maytag and they are keeping up the good work. My first load was whites shirts, I put in hot water cycle, and used their sample tide detergent and what a  big difference it make, I don't think it is just the detergent, but the combination of it. The cleaningness and brightness is amazing.  The color clothes cleans well as well, it dries very well after it has been washed by this washer since it spins so hard.

I really like the Maytag Front Load Washer MAH2400A

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

I have had the opportunity to use the Maytag front load washer MAH2400A and have been very pleased with the performance of this machine.  I have not had any problems with the machine.  I have found that the Maytag front load washer MAH2400A does a really good job of cleaning the clothes.  It is efficient, does not waste water, and spins the clothes out perfectly.  It's really nice to be able to use the Maytag front load washer for all these features, but especially to know that you don't have to worry about wasting laundry detergent, as we all know that can be very expensive.  The Maytag front load washer MAH2400A takes very little detergent, and still does a great job.  I have been so blessed to use a machine like this.  I would highly recommend the Maytag front load washer MAH2400A to anyone looking for a front load washer.  Just the name Maytag makes me feel comfortable looking at a machine to purchase.

Great Washing Machine...my second!

from Kissimmee, FL

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

Bought my first one when the Maytag Front loading came out.  Wore it out and bought the second.  I like the fact that it conserves energy and water consumption.  I will by another, only next time I would buy one with the pedestal.

This washer is awesome!

from Chadbourn, NC

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

I love this washer.  It thoroughly cleans in every cycle.  It even entertains my daughter.  I love everything about it.  The settings are also very easy.  I love the fact that it uses less water.  It is quite.

Love my Maytag Front Load Washer!

from Grosse Pointe, MI

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

Love my Maytag Front Loading Washing Machine.  It is bigger, uses less water and cleans clothes really well.  I would highly recommend anyone thinking of getting one to buy one.  Great investement.  It is very quiet too!

Maytag is the best washer on the market

from Dothan, AL

Comments about Maytag Front Load Washer:

They say the Maytag repairman is lonesome, I can understand why. I haven't had minutes problem with my machine. It does what it says it will.  My clothes come out clean everytime. And it's super quiet also.  Watching wash is the fun part.