4.1
Maytag French Door Refrigerator

Maytag French Door Refrigerator

4.1

Open invitation!

We recently acquired a new Maytag refrigerator ... our old refrigerator was 20 years old.  The open-out doors are a wonderful addition to a refrigerator, especially when one remembers where something is stored and can open that side only to reach in.  There is one slight annoyance with the doors, though ... they swing open and back too quickly and then ricochet on their hinges, rattling everthing in the door shelves.  I am afraid that all-too-soon the hinges may break.  The ice-making machine is a real treat ... no more little trays that become stuck to everything else in the freezer.  There is plenty of storage room for all shapes and sizes and the fruit, vegetable, cheese and deli drawers are deep and allow for neat storage and easy access.  The crowning pleasure of this refrigerator is its energy efficiency ... cutting costs and reducing the drain on our energy resources.  Bravo!

This Maytag MF12067 AES refrigerator is a disappointment

I bought the white version of this refrigerator. I bought it because I was renovating an existing kitchen and I needed a counter depth refrigerator that would fit in an existing space. This seemed to fit the bill. It was just the size and I love the bottom freezer. But right from the start I had problems with it. All my vegetables froze in the vegetable bin at the temperatures that were suggested. Even when I turned up the temperatures, the vegetables still froze and stuff on the top shelf by the ice maker froze also. It was under warranty and the repairman did fix the problem but if the refrigerator had been designed differently, I don't think it would have happened. All he did was put plumbers putty in the air vent of the ice maker and the meat drawer. The door on the meat drawer was a disaster waiting to happen. I was afraid everytime I pulled the drawer out that the door would break and eventually it did. It never did open correctly and at this time we haven't pursued getting it fixed if indeed it can be fixed. It was actually the drawer that broke and I am afraid that they would have to take the whole drawer out and replace it with a new one. I don't know if that could be done. The icemaker quite often jams up and will not dispense ice. Then I have to pull out the icemaker tray and try to take some of the ice out and jam the tray back into place. As others have said it is noisy when making ice. And it was very expensive compared to non counter depth refrigerators. On the plus side if there is one as I said I do like the bottom freezer. I feel that I can get more food it in than in a top freezer. I also like the can dispenser in the door and I like the fact that the refrigerator has room on the door for milk and juice, etc. I do like having an in-the-door ice dispenser but I would have liked to have crushed ice also. It is roomy and I can get as much in it as I did my old refrigerator. We are on a well and sometimes our water doesn't taste all that good so it is nice to have the filtered water feature. If I had it to do over again, I would probably try to find another counterdepth refrigerator that fit in the space.

I would never buy this product again!

from Mpls,MN

Pros

Cons

• Unreliable

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

Compressor died 1 yr out of extended warranty. Company would do nothing to help. I would never buy a Maytag product again! Don't believe the Maytag commercials! I bought a Samsung instead!

• Primary use:
      • Personal

Attractive and powerful!

from India

Pros

• Attractive Design
      • Customizable Shelving
      • Holds Temperature Well
      • Quiet
      • Space For Tall Items

• Big Families
        • Large Kitchens
        • Small Kitchens

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

The fridge is extremely spacious and has lots of storage inside to store all my foods.It is quite strong and works without any weird noises. one of the best fridges I have ever owned.
        Interior Organization
        Interiors are well organized. Lots of storage inside and the doors alike. You can organize your foods items and find the stuff you needed quite easily without any problem.
        The cleaning is extremely easy. Just remove the shelves,drawers and other interior parts of the fridge, then clean it with some soda and water. It can be done within minutes.
        The fridge looks strong and durable right from the outset. I had mine for few years now, till now it never failed and performs absolutely great. It should last for few more years at least if not more.

• Primary use:
        • Personal

Buy the extended Warranty

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

I am fairly satisfied with the performance of my Maytag French Door Refrigerator. I have always viewed Maytag as one of the leaders in appliances. I thought it was a great purchase after using it for a month with no problems occurring. Then disaster struck! I woke up one morning and my carpeted kitchen floor was flooded from melted ice that had formed on the bottom of the freezer. For some reason, it thawed during the night and ran all over my carpet. I was very upset. I had to call someone to come over and move the refrigerator so I could get the water out of the carpet before it started smelling stale. I made a mental note to make sure there was no ice build up in the bottom of the freezer compartment. I really like the french doors of the refrigerator. When I close the left side it seals tightly to keep the left side cold while I'm in the right side. I put my milk, cheese, yogurt, etc., on the left side because I know the temperature is more regulated. The stainless steel is easy to clean and looks very nice in my kitchen. I have read a lot of bad reviews about this refrigerator, but other than the ice melting that one time, I haven't had any issues with the Maytag French Door Refrigerator.

Noise Level
        This refrigerator is very quiet, which I love. My old refrigerator sounded like an old house with all the odd sounds it made.

Beautiful appliance

Works great

Interior Organization
        It appears neat and organized, however there isnt a lot of space inside the refridgeration part. Maybe for a family of 2 or four, but I have a family of six. There isn't anywhere to put condiments and the shelf under the ice maker is almost pointless. I use it for bread because the ice maker is above the shelf making it so you can't put anything tall there.

This unit is sturdy and quite heavy. I will say that my son ran his tonka truck into it and it did leave a small dent, but I dont think the appliance was designed for the wrath of a toddler and his tonka.

If the ice maker wasnt above a much needed shelf and made room for a third shelf on the left side of the refridgerator, the design would be perfect. Also, the water/ice machine in on the front of the door is handy, except you can't rest your cup down and the drip tray isnt removable nor does it have a grste. However, it functions perfectly and these are minor complaints that do not interfere with the actual function of the appliance.

Convenient Design

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

I purchased this refrigerator a number of months ago. overall, it has functioned quite well. The fridge on top/freezer on the bottom design is most convenient. Most people access their fridge much more often than their freezer and this design results in much less bending and stooping. The drawer style freezer, however does result in more "digging" for the items you are looking for and can result in more "lost" food items. Being able to open both fridge doors at the same time allows for good fridge visibility. The drawer on the deli drawer did break (the plastic hinges broke) within two years of purchase and that was disappointing.

Noise Level
        Don't notice noise, except for the alarm that goes off if you leave the door open too long:)

Interior Organization
        Good access to food items in the fridge. Adequate access in the freezer.

Temperature Control
        OK. On occasion my veggies will freeze in the produce drawer.

Easy to get into, just as it is easy to see food in the fridge.

The door to the produce drawer cracked and it is no longer usable.

Easy access to food items in the fridge. It is most convenient to have the fridge on top and freezer on the bottom.

Excellent performance /

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

This is the most efficient refrigerator I have ever owned

I like the design with the freezer drawer at the bottom. The food seems to stay fresh longer with the internal cooling into each compartment. I would recommend this unit to anyone who wants a good deal

Best Fridge/Freezer ever

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

This is the best fridge/freezer I have ever owend. It is spacious, the shelves are well planned and it runs quiet, and is easy to organize. Very durable it can take the beating that my 11 year old gives it. This is the best thing I ever bought for the holidays. It fits ALL the left overs.

Noise Level
        Runs very quiet. You barely notice it is there. You notice the kick on and then forget about it.

Interior Organization
        Great interior set up. Plenty of shelf and door space. Easy to organize food stuffs and find what you need.

Temperature Control
        Temperature is very easy to adjust.

Ok, it doesn't get a 10 in ease of cleaning but that is only because it doesn't clean itself. You still have to remove drawers and shelves to get it REALLY clean. It is no harder to clean than any other fridge/freezer and at least it doesn't need to be defrosted.

Pretty durable. It stands up to my 11 yr old boy who hangs on and slams the doors.

Love the design. Well planned and executed. It has plenty of room and makes organizing easy.

What a disappointment.

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

I am sorry I bought this refrigerator. It is beautiful, and I wanted to buy American. Within a month, the bottom plastic piece broke off. Nothing fits in the refrigerator because of the configuration of the shelves, and the ice maker takes up valuable space. What a disappointment.

Cheap plastic grill on the bottom broke off very easily It is attached by a narrow plastic tab. Not under warranty, of course.

• Temperature Control:

This appliance helps to keep me organized.

from University Place, WA

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

This appliance helps to keep me organized. There is a separate compartment for just about everything (soda, yogurt, meat, cheese, vegetables etc. The door shelf is large and strong enough to hold a gallon milk jug with room left over. It may even hold 2. I love having filtered water without annoying things attached to my kitchen sink, and it is great to have ice available at all times. The "door open" alarm has saved me more than a few times.

best ref ever had , great layout

from Solvang, CA

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

Purchased this model because of the wonderful and practical design with french doors for refrigerator on top for easy access to the daily use for the preparation of meals and salads.  The slide out bottom freezer is efficiently located and it has two levels, a pull forward stainless open screen bin that holds the icecube maker and collection container, and room for things like ice cream cartons and nuts, wafflles, vegatable and nut packages. In the bottom portion which has lots of room for coffee containers, hot dogs, multiple use containers for meat and fish, plus whatever your food plan calls for in the frozen food department.  The design of this refrigerator is very well thought out and the doors provide movable shelves that we use for the milk cartons, grapefruit juice and the like, premixed crystal light fruit drinks, butter holder, salad dressings, mayo, and lemon and lime sqeezers.  There is a large pizza size pull out drawer below the vegatable and fruit pull out drawers that is great for cheeses, sliced meats, potatoes and onions, etc.

the amount of storage is great and the versatility to change per your needs is outstanding.