Other Refrigerators:

Maytag French Door Refrigerator

Pros

Cons

This icebox is great.

This icebox is something else! I really like having the freezer on the bottom. That way, I am only reaching down once a day. It's really nice to have everything at torso level. There is quite a bit of room up top, and way more than the two of us need! Other than those few personal preferences, the rest is standard features. Adjustable door shelves (although they are gallon-jug capable), adjustable glass shelves, wire rack in freezer. The temp is a digital numeric adjustment. Actual temperture temperture control should be a feature on one at the suggested price, though. A nicer freezer drawer and rack should also be standard. The french door arrangement is a nice idea, but doesn't work as smoothly as the one in the store. I guess when mine gets enough wear as the floor models get, it will work a little smoother. The flap on the left door doesn't slide easy enough to let the door close easy. When using the left door only, it must be pushed closed. That crisper drawer with the see-through lid...both doors must be wide open to use the drawer. I'd rather see a half-width crisper that could be moved around like the shelves. One other thing...this thing is a monster! Layout measurements are nothing compared to the actual thing sitting in your kitchen. Make sure you have the room!

SUCKS!!

Maytag French door with freezer on bottom was delivered on Friday, on Monday, I couldn't see what was in the freezer, I had to scrape off all the snow/frost/moisture droplets. There were icicles on the side of the freezer trays. I called Maytag. Totally worthless service. Would take a WEEK to get someone to look at it, I asked for replacement and was denied. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was denied. Thank Goodness I paid with credit card and can dispute the charges. Maybe I'll get some assistance through the credit card. I really gave this 0 stars, but I couldn't  put 0, so I  put 1 star. Now that I opened the freezer, I hate the deep drawer with everything piled on top of everything, You have to take one item out, brush the frost off, see what it is, put it aside, pick up next item, brush frost off, put it aside, pick up next item, bush off frost to see what it is, put it aside, until you find the item you are looking for, only to discover the item you are looking for isn't there, so you have to go to the grocery store and buy it.

Great fridge

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

My husband and I bought our Maytag French Door refrigerator about eight months ago. It was the first really big purchase we made after buying our first house. We got the stainless version. We do not have an available water line to run for an ice maker so we had to find a freezer bottom, stainless, french door, no ice maker in the door fridge that was also in our budget. The Maytag fit the bill! We still use the ice maker bucket to hold ice; we just pop the ice out of our tray right in to the bucket, which is very useful. The bottom freezer is much more roomy than any top freezer I have ever used. I love the french doors and the refrigerator body is super deep and has the capability to hold much more than we use (right now). I do like the deli drawer, the only drawback is that you have to open both doors to access the deli drawer (duh). Although that is obvious, I didn't notice until we started using it in our house. Slightly frustrating but definitely not a deal breaker!

Stainless is hard to keep clean!

MAytag Fridge Review

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

The layout of this refrigerator allows for maximum storage space and easy retrieval of items

A plastic hinge broke on one of the interior drawers. While the door does not stay on the drawer, it does allow easy access to the food when the door is not on.....

The shiny white finish on this fridge complements the blue and white color scheme in my kitchen. It is also quite easy to clean.

• Temperature Control:

Storage is not well organized

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

There are several things I really like about this refrigerator: the deli drawer, the veggie and fruit bins and the built-in soft drink can rack. These are all roomy. I like the in-door storage, especially the one that is (almost) perfect for 2 gallons of milk.--It's a very tight fit!

Interior Organization
Not many options on shelf adjustment. Top shelf is hard to get containers in and out around the temp. controls.

One of the biggest drawbacks is the humidity and temp. controls and read-out panel is above and in front. It juts down and interferes with putting bottles and cartons on the top shelf. It is frustrating to have to finagle items onto that shelf.
Also, to get to the the ice maker, you have to pull out the freezer door and then pull out the top shelf to reach it in the back.

Nothing Fancy here.

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

Overall this is an ok fridge. We thought we would like the bottom freezer, but it really stinks! It is always a struggle keeping things organized in the bottom of the freezer and trying to get things in and out bending over. It also stinks not having a ice maker on the door. The fridge has had problems freezing things. We had to buy a thermometer to make sure things are not too cold or too warm. Overall, its a bottom line refrigerator, and nothing fancy about it. Overall, if you are looking for a fridge that is bottom of the line, this is it! If you like the bottom freezer design, this is it. It freezes and keeps things cold, nothing fancy!

Temperature Control
Have had problems with things in the fridge freezing

Big Fridge Equals Big Family

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

We got this new refrigerator on sale after we moved. We faced the fact: Big family equals big refrigerator. White is ideally the best color for a refrigerator because it looks clean and you can see if there's a mess (so its easier to clean up). (Don't get a silver fridge.. you can see every little smudge = grossness) I reaaaaallly like the french doors. It makes it so much easier to find what your looking for. I also like the freezer on the bottom (instead of on the side.) The only downside is that the kids like to sit on the freezer door handle.. (Its really loose right now) and if the freezer is not shut all the way, you will get ice on the bottom.. (not a big deal, I have my son "chip away" at it once a week lol) Also, there is no noise WHATSOEVER! Can I get a hallelujah! All in all, this fridge does the job for a big family.

Clean, streamlined, efficient refridgerator

from Norwood, CO

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

I am very satisfied with the overall workings and good looks of this unit. It is really quiet with a spacious interior. The smooth outer and inner surfaces are quite easy to keep clean. First time I had a lower freezer drawer and I like it. There's not as much room as my old side by side, but it just took some getting used to.

Noise Level
It is relatively quite; very quite compared to my old fridge.

Interior Organization
This is the perfect size for 2 people, with one who loves to cook. Not sure if it is big enough for a large family.

Temperature Control
I have had some issues with food freezing in the refridgerator section. This might just be a case of getting it set right.

I love, love, love the smooth surfaces. I just use warm water and a microfiber towel and it cleans up perfectly.

So far, it has been quite durable, BUT it's just me and my husband; no kids.

I really the clean, smooth design both inside and out. I have an early 1900's home and it is not too modern, it fits in very well.

• Temperature Control:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

Love this fridge. It's awesome!

Noise Level
Don't even know it is in the room. No noise whatsoever.

Interior Organization
Love the interior. It's handy for holding big items, tall items, and misc small items. Perfect size and perfectly arranged. In particular, love the slide out basket. Works great for holding soda cans.

Temperature Control
Great. And love the way the fridge provides a warning if the door is left ajar and the temp begins to climb.

Very easy to clean. The arrangement of the shelves and baskets make clean up a snap.

So far so good. Have only had this fridge for a few weeks, but it appears to be awesomely durable.

Design is the best part of this fridge. I've had several fridges...some even with more cubic feet. However, the design of this fridge allows me the capability to store more items with ease...more than I've been able to store in former fridges that actually had more cubic feet.

Very Nice completely satisfied

from Chesterfield, MO

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

very nice family friendly refrigerator

No noise at all

Interior Organization
i very nice for my family purchase ,

Temperature Control
some times when current goes off the seting of this computer lets you know how is temprature is inside just to relieve me from how good the foods temprature is

all racks are easily removable just the racks in the doors are not that easy to clean

very durable

expensive

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

This is a very nice sized refrigerator. I Love the double doors and the bottom pull out freezer door. The one big problem is the ice maker. 1. it is very noisey when it drops the ice cubes. It startles you every time it does it. Also the ice bin in not large enough to hold a sufficient amount of ice when you are having a party or some other type of gathering when there are a substantial number of people in attendance.

Noise Level
This unit runs extremely quietly.

Interior Organization
The double door crisper's are very functional. Nice to be able to keep fresh vegetables and cheeses separately.

Temperature Control
The temperature is very stable

The surfaces are smooth and easy to wipe off with a damp cloth..

This refrigerator is very durable.

The shape and look of the unit is impressive.

• Temperature Control:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Buffalo, NY

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

for what it costs I would not get another.

Noise Level
ice maker will wake you up at night its terrible when it fills it sounds like a river flowing and when it dumps the ice you would swear something was trying to get out.It bangs so loud it will wake you up out of a dead sleep.

have had to have icemaker repaired numerous times
Unit does run quiet and does not make any other noises.