Other Refrigerators:

Maytag French Door Refrigerator

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

The Maytag MFI2569 Refrigerator is a great investment!

The Maytag MFI2569 refrigerator is worth the price on the tag!  My parents were looking for a new refrigerator to replace the one we had for well over 15 years, and being avid Maytag purchasers, decided to look into buying this refrigerator.  With a family of four, our previous refrigerator offered a lot less space, as well as an outdated look, so this was a very nice upgrade.The first thing they liked about this refrigerator was the lighted water/ice dispenser in the door.  Our previous refrigerator had one, but became more difficult to use over time with the ordinary wear and tear.  This feature takes minimal effort to use and the dispenser also has a filter for the water.  There is also an indicator light on the display that reminds you when the filter needs changed.

The second nice feature of this refrigerator was the amount of space it offers.  The refrigerator's 18 cubic feet of space as well as the 7 cubic feet of space in the freezer allows for many places to put food and drinks.  The refrigerator has many shelves inside, as well as shelves in the doors.  The refrigerator has drawers that pulls out, one of which is a great place to put a veggie/cheese/meat tray if you are planning on hosting guests.  There is a place in the door to store milk and juice bottles, which has an adjustable temperature control to allow cooler air in that area to keep drinks colder.  The freezer door pulls out, with two "drawers" on top that also slide to expose extra storage space underneath.

Another great feature of this refrigerator is that there are temperature controls on the door above the water/ice dispenser.  These allow users to adjust the temperature that the refrigerator and freezer maintain.  There is also a "fast cool" option that cools foods and drinks quicker after putting them in the refrigerator.  There is also a humidity control for the fruit and vegetable drawers that helps take care of the collection of water on items inside, as well as an alarm that can be set if the door is left open too long or the temperature gets too high.

The one negative about this refrigerator is that you must have ample space around it in order for everything to work properly.  If the doors are unable to open completely, then it is difficult to pull out the drawers in the refrigerator.  Another disadvantage is the freezer door pulling out, which could be dangerous for small children.  However, for a larger family looking for a refrigerator with more space, this product would be well worth the investment!

Very Noisy

Just got it delivered and installed 2 days ago. I am having such a big headache over the very loud fan/compressor noise level. Called Maytag customer support, and was told to go on their web-site to check out what's consider noisy. I have a 15 yrs old side-by-side fridge which I never had it service but it is much much quieter than this new fridge. I like the inside of this fridge(MFI2569YEM). But because of Maytag's poor customer service experience I had with them today and the high noise level, I am thinking of returning it.

Would not buy again. Freezer drain clogs leaks on floor.

from daphne, al

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• freezer draing clogs and backs up
  • Unreliable

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

Good for refrigeration. Poor design of freezer drain. Requires over hour worth of work on your hands and knees taking apart freezer door and shelves to access panel where drain is and thawing out to clear drain that stops up about every 3 or 4 months. Never had this problem with any other refrigerator I have ever owned. Apparently a design flaw in the drain (line to small or has some issue that makes it clog up). Would never buy another one like this. Will go back to top freezer frig next time. Expensive appliance over $1000 and I have to thaw out freezer periodically, will probably buy another brand since I see many similar complaints but no resolution from Maytag.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Solid product with useful features

from Garden City, NY

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

This Maytag refrigerator model is a solid purchase. Initially, I was unsure about the currently trendy door freezer, but I have been pleasantly surprised with how much I can fit in there.

The model boasts great features, such as an ice maker and dispenser, water filter and door alarm. We haven't had any issues with the features and enjoy them a lot. The water filter lasted us a little over a year, and was easy to change.

Cleaning is fairly easy, as all the drawers and shelves are removable. This is a lifesaver for anyone who has ever spilled in a fridge. The door shelves are great, as well- there are a few different sizes to accommodate for 2 liter bottles of soda, as well as condiments. Overall, quite pleased with the product!

Interior Organization
    There could be a little bit more space, but you can tailor it to your needs to an extent. I removed one of the bottom drawers for more shelf space.

Difficult to clean the outside- the stainless steel streaks a lot. Inside is easier that most models, though.

The stainless steal is a nice, clean look that can go with many decors.

Fairly happy with purchase

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

Purchased this refrigerator approximately a year and a half ago. I am pleased with the roominess of the refrigerator, it runs fairly quiet and have not run into any mechanical issues as of yet (knock on wood). However, the front plate of the water dispenser that has a stainless steel/dark gray finish actually appears to be a coated plastic which is now deteriorating from the condensation and water dripping from the dispenser. We do not have excessively hard water and I have never run into this issue with any other refrigerator we have previously owned. Although this obviously does not effect the functioning of the refrigerator, it is an eyesore and should not happen to a refrigerator that is only over a year old.

• Temperature Control:

The perfect addition to your kitchen!

from Aurora, IL

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

After a lot of research we selected this Maytag refrigerator for our new kitchen remodel. We were in search of all new appliances to top off our new cabinets and flooring.   We have had it for 3 months now and have been very pleased.  It has a great appearance and has been very reliable and easy to use.  We have 4 small children and the door alarm has come in very handy and most likely has prevented quite a few spoiled food mishaps.  It has lots of  food room for a family of 6 with room to spare!  I particularly like the fruit and vegetable drawers and the deli drawer beneath them.  It lets you put food clear in the back and still have easy access to it.    The only downfall I can see is the deli drawer clear plastic door seems rather flimsy and catches when you shut it at times.  It hasn't broken yet but I live in fear of it happening if my children try to shut it and arent' as careful as I am.

• Temperature Control:

I love my Maytag refrigerator.

from Winchester, KY

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

When I first bought my home, the previous owner took her new fridge with her and my Husband and I went out and bought a new fridge. I wanted a french door fridge because I was tired of ducking under a freezer to get things out of the fridge. I was fairly happy with it except I found that when things were spilled inside I still had to get down on the floor to scrub out the bottom. And then after just 8 years the compressor went out. Everything I read said if the compressor was out, everything else would start going and it was best to buy a new fridge, so my Husband and I went shopping.

I wanted a freezer on the bottom, so I wouldn't have to get on the floor to scrub out the bottom of the fridge. My Husband and Son both wanted a fridge with filtered water and ice in the door, our previous model had that and they really grew to love the feature. I agreed with the need for filtered water because our hometown water isn't that great. This Maytag model had all the features we wanted.

So everyone one got the feature they wanted most, plus we got a great looking fridge that we really love. The doors have less room than our side by side model did, but I think we have more room inside the fridge and don't need to bend over to access it. The bottom deli drawer that extends the entire width of the fridge is especially nice. It also has can holders on the left door next to where ice maker is that the boys absolutely love.

This fridge is large, roomy, attractive, functional and has all the right features. It does have french doors so it goes without saying that there must be enough room to open both doors. Since my previous fridge was a french door side by side this was not an issue for me.

1/9/13 - We've now had the fridge for almost 2 years and are still in love with it. The one thing that we've missed a little is that there is filtered water and ice, but no ice crusher. We've learned to like uncrushed ice most of the time and just use the blender when we want to make drinks with crushed ice.

• Temperature Control:

This is a beutiful product!

from Manchester, TN

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

I am so happy that we decided on this refrigerator for our kitchen!

Noise Level
    I have noticed some strange sounds when the refrigerator is running. The alerts are fine; such as if you left the door open but I wish it didn't make a beeping/running noise when it is filling up the ice tray.

Interior Organization
    I can fit so much more in this refrigerator than I could with my older model of the freezer on top. This makes so much more sense and I'm able to place large trays of food or pizza boxes in with no problem.

Temperature Control
    I've never had a problem with the tempurature control.

This refrigerator is very easy to clean. I really enjoy how nice it looks. The outside just needs a spritz of stainless steel cleaner and a rubdown with a microfiber cloth.

The durability is very good for me so far. I have only had it for around a year though so I can't comment after that.

This refrigerator will really add to your home. If you are considering it, I suggest taking the plunge and going for it!

I like my new Maytag French Door Refrigerator

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

Love most everything about the Maytag French Door Refrigerator except the door space on the interior. Seems like there is too much wasted space that I could use for condiment storage and not take up shelf space. Otherwise, I love the looks and some of the special features like the dual crispers and the smaller cheese drawer.

LOVE my Maytag French Door Fridge

from Brighton, MI

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

The Maytag French Door Fridge is such a luxury. I have always ad a pretty basic fridge, but wow, I did not know what I was missing. I love the space- we never run out. I love the freezer on the bottom. It is nice having all your fridge stuff right at eye level. But, most importantly, I love the water dispenser. I drink so much more water now because of this fridge!

• Temperature Control:

Too deep, everything gets lost and not enough shelves on doors.

from Oswego, IL

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

I was excited to get a refrigerator with the bottom freezer. I love the convenience of the bottom freezer. However, the overall storage in refrigerator itself is poorly designed. On the side with the water/ice dispenser, the unit looses much of its storage room because of the water/ice dispenser. This fridg is also very deep, so stuff gets stuck in the back and you have to take everything out to find it. It has hardly any room on the doors for bottles from condiments, so if you have a variety of salad dressings and other stand-up bottles, your space is limited. The door on the right two shelves and space for your gallon of milk. The shelves are small and don't store much. It has a bottom drawer which is huge, but once again, it is so big that stuff gets losts in it. Overall, even though the shelves are adjustable, I have a hard time finding room in this fridge to store bigger bowls like for a party and stuff always is shoved to the back. I thought for a such a big fridge I'd have tons of storage, but the space is limited.

very quiet

Interior Organization
    Very poor - too deep and shelf heights are limited

Pretty easy to disassemble to clean

Gret fridge!

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Maytag French Door Refrigerator:

I love this refrigerator! It's quiet, gorgeous, and makes great use of interior spaces. I have a large family, and we're always cramming this full of groceries and getting things out. It's so well designed that I can reach what I need easily. And it holds a lot! I love the French doors because I don't need as much room in front of the fridge since there's no wide door opening up, so it fits nicely in a corner with cabinets just the other side of a doorway. When we entertain or I make something ahead of time for dinner or I need to refrigerate a cake, it's super easy to fit it on the middle shelf and retrieve it easily without fighting with shelf space or the doors. I also like having the freezer on the bottom - so convenient. The ice maker works great, too. The only down side is that you can't put some foods too close to the ice maker in the fridge because they will freeze.

Overall, fantastic fridge!

Practically silent

The shelves are so easy to take out or just wipe off, so cleaning is a breeze!