Other Refrigerators:
Bottom-Freezer Refrigerators, French Door Refrigerators
Maytag
MFX2570AEM
Maytag French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator

Summary

Maytag MFX2570AEM 25 cu. ft. Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator \ 7 Door Bins \ Adjustable SpillCatcher Shelves \ Easy Access Refrigerator Drawer \ External Ice

Maytag French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator

Pros

• Attractive (3)

• Big families (3)
    • Personal (3)

Very reliable

This is a great refridgerator to invest in! This maytag is a roomy, efficient, top-freezer fridge that gets good results in professional tests. It includes such basic features as adjustable storage and humidity-controlled crispers, and, unlike many top-freezer fridges, it comes in a stainless-steel finish. Its biggest drawback is the single control knob for the fridge and freezer sections; some users can't find the sweet spot between melted ice cream and frozen lettuce. Noise really isnt a problem. Overall, this refrigerator is energy efficient, with a good amount of versatile, adjustable storage options. It also has easy-to-adjust temperature controls and excellent temperature stability. It has a modern look that makes me like it even more!!

Noise Level
It definitely has a better noise level than my last refridgerater. The noise is not a problem at all.

Temperature Control
I love this feature on this Maytag. My food is always the perfect temperature.

I barely have to spend a lot of time cleaning this refridgerater because it is easy to clean.

It has a great built. Very durable and reliable.

Great modern design. I dont see it going out of style anytime soon

I was told not to buy this refrigerator

When I went to find a new refrigerator, I was more interested on how the fridge looked on the outside then what was working on the inside. I did my research of this particular brand and model and read the reviews online but did not care and decided to go forward with the purchase of this fridge. I should have listened to everyone else when they said do not buy this fridge. First of all their tech-support was absolutely awful and did not want to ever help when I tried to call. I didn't think only two years and ownership I would have To have things fixed.

Noise Level
as far as the noises concern on this refrigerator it is very quiet while it is running. There are times when I would think it was even turned off because it was running so quietly.

Interior Organization
I'm a bit torn whether not I like the interior organization of this refrigerator. It allows me to organize through baskets and different shelving options in the freezer and fridge portion however I don't feel like I have enough space in the actual fridge portion of the refrigerator.

Temperature Control
The temperature of this refrigerator say great overall. I never had to adjusted from the normal setting.

With so many compartments in this French it does make it a little bit difficult to clean.

The shelving and drawers may be durable but the motor is not.

very good

from San Jose, CA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Limited Shelving Options

• 2nd Refrigerator
  • Wet Bar

Very good to use

• Personal
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Sleek, durable and dependable.

from Mohawk, NY

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Noisy

Comments about Maytag French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

This refrigerator is great for big families. The multiple shelving and drawers are great and deff come in handy. I never had a freezer on the bottom before and that cause a little problem with my 4yr old helping herself to ice pops but that's really my only complaint. It's no bigger than a stardard refrigerator but suites our needs better, the dual doors leave us more room to store condiments and that high shelving allow us to store all our beverages upright. Not to mention the produce drawer, my vegetables have never been so fresh. I'm very pleased with this purchase. The ice machine can be a bit noisy at first but after a week or so it all becomes back round noise and you hardly notice it. And the sleek sterling silver color is very attractive. All in all its a great refrigerator and gets the job done!

Feature packed fridge!

from India

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Quiet

• Large Kitchens
    • Small Kitchens

Comments about Maytag French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

This elegant fridge has plenty of useful features and has much more space inside than it looks. It comes with a ten-year warranty that makes it one of the best fridges available in the market in terms of value for money.
    Interior Organization
    The fridge has plenty of door shelving and shelves are pretty big compared to other fridges. Even though the drawer might not look big enough, I am actually able to keep most of my foods in it.
    Shelves of the fridge are easily removable so it is not quite hard to clean the fridge once you remove the shelves and it does take too longer either.
    Maytag is known for its durable products and seems like this fridge is also no different and I expect it to last its full ten-year warranty period and even more than that.

Perfect Size!

Comments about Maytag French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

We just moved into a condo, and bought the Maytag French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator. I have to say it is absolutely wonderful! I am so used to the old side-by-said fridges. This one is amazing! First off, my favorite part is the french door access to the refrigerated foods. It makes reaching in and grabbing what you need/want super easy. The refrigerator is very roomy, and the door cubbies are not too shallow or too deep. They hold a carton of milk well and it stays upright when you close the door. My next favorite part is the convenience of the deli drawer. Whoever thought up this idea is genius! I store all of our quick, easy snacks in this drawer. We are able to open the drawer quickly and grab what we need without letting all the cold air out! Brilliant! Lastly, I enjoy the convenience of having the water/ice in the drawer. Again, I am able to get my water and ice without having to open the door to let the cold out of either the fridge or the freezer. I find that the refrigerator runs very quietly. I can occasionally hear the ice maker running and an ice cube dropping into the tray. I think that mostly happens when the ice tray is near empty, and the house is silent.

Very quiet!

Use a damp cloth and wipe out any dirt or scum. Very simple!!

Love the middle deli drawer! Very smart feature!!

I was told not to buy this refrigerator

from Statesboro, GA

Temperature Control

The shelving and drawers may be durable but the motor is not.

• Temperature Control:

Attractive refrigerator with tons of clever features!

Comments about Maytag French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

The Bottom Line: This beautiful Maytag Refrigerator has tons of very clever features (like the easy access drawer, the measured water fill option, the wine bottle holder, and a glass bottom in fridge to see what is in the lower drawer, among many other features), it looks beautiful, and is much roomier than it looks. With a ten-year warranty on the compressor, buying this fridge seemed like the best choice. Highly recommended.

Noise Level
    Overall, this is a quiet fridge, and the only noise you will hear every once in a while is the ice maker.

Interior Organization
    The shelves are big and roomy and this fridge has tons of door shelving as well. It even has a wine bottle holder, which great for white wine or wine that needs to stay cold. I also love the "easy access refrigerator drawer", which we use to put snacks and most commonly accessed foods during the day, so that you can avoid opening the main door all the time. This actually saves quite a bit of energy and is more efficient overall. Even though the drawer might not appear large enough, I found that I was able to put a ton of food inside it. It also is visible thanks to the glass bottom in the fridge, so you can see what is in the drawer when you open the fridge. The freezer part is also quite roomy and plenty for a family or four of five people.

Temperature Control
    This Maytag fridge has a temperature control system that helps keep the temperature constant, even if you open the door often. During a recent storm, we had a major power outage and were out of power for about 18 hours, and we were amazed to see that everything was still intact in the fridge, even after that long a power outage.

I am personally not a fan of nooks and crannies in refrigerators because it always seem more difficult to clean up messes, but I have to say that this refrigerator has been quite easy to clean with a paper towel thanks to rounded edges on the shelving. It also features sealed edges that help contain spills and that also they slide out, which makes it much easier to clean.

We looked at many different refrigerators and this Maytag has the best warranty. With a ten year warranty on the compressor (which is the most expensive part to repair, and the core of a refrigerator), it gives us peace of mind for the next few years.

Esthetically speaking, this refrigerator is really beautiful. We chose the glossy black one, because stainless is so much harder to keep clean, and it looks fantastic in our kitchen. It is sleek and modern, yet super efficient and practical. One of the many cool features is the measured fill option on the water dispenser, which allows you to select exactly how much water you want, in cups, ounces of liters. Very clever and very useful.

Maytag Refrigerator

from Goose Creek, SC

Comments about Maytag French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

Love the design of the refrigerator!

Noise Level
    Little noisy especially since we live in a tiny place.

Interior Organization
    I use the small drawer for our often used items so we do not have to open the main section of the refrigerator often and it may be helping make it more energy efficient, however, the main section only has one drawer so we ended up having to purchase containers to act as drawers for storage.

Temperature Control
    Easy to maintain temperature since the main section is seldom open and the small drawer and drawer freezer does not let much cooled air out.

Shelves are easy to remove so cleaning is a breeze.

Maytag has been a most reliable product in our past so we expect the same of this product.

Love the second drawer for often used items. Love the separate water and ice dispenser. Love the optional auto water quantity dispenser. Love it being stainless but still able to put things on it with magnets.

• Temperature Control:

Best looking fridge out there!

Comments about Maytag French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

I love having the middle drawer for the organization! We use ours for beer and wine and is a great way to separate from the rest of the fridge and it creates plenty of room in the fridge for regular drinks. I love how sleek this product looks and receive compliments every time people come over and see our fridge. The ice maker is a little hard to get out, so to make it easier it is best to clean it out once a week. The other thing that was brought to my attention is that with the middle drawer, there is not an extra ice tray in the freezer. This is fine for us, but in the summer when we pack coolers we will have to go to the store and buy bags of ice. The freezer is separated by drawers as well which also allows extra space and organization. The ice machine can be loud, but it is especially loud when you hear the ice fall in the middle of the night. It can be a little scary! My husband is a HUGE fan of the crushed ice, so this was a perfect combination for us having the sleek modern design but with the qualifications that meet both of our needs.

• Temperature Control:

Great for a huge famly!!

Comments about Maytag French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

This fridge offers me optimum space for my large family of 5!!! Also, it is very stylish and has a modern look to it. The bottom-freezer allows me to keep meat and delicious treats at a low temperature for longer. Would definitely recommend. I definitely got my money's worth.

Noise Level
    Not very noticeable during day, but ice maker can be slightly noisy when house is silent.

Loved layout!

Very stylish and modern.

Great refrigerator

Comments about Maytag French Door Bottom-Freezer Refrigerator:

This is the best refrigerator I ever had. And it doesn't take much electricity at all.

Noise Level
    It only makes noise when it's filling up the for ice you cannot even hear this thing running it is just really amazing

Interior Organization
    It has split shelves and makes it quite easy to put in a full sheet cake in the refrigerator you can even put 2 gallons of milk on the the door

Temperature Control
    I never had a problem with anything freezing or becoming thawed out it holds the perfect temperature

The glass shelves make it really easy to clean and nothing overspill's off to glass shelves because there's a lip all away around The glass

It holds up to the wear and tear I have two kids and you know how kids can be on appliances and is still perfectly brand-new

Love the look it's easy to clean very strong refrigerator although sometimes you have to shut the right door first otherwise the flap of the left door stops the right door from closing but I still love this refrigerator