Other Kitchen Ranges:

Maytag Freestanding Gas Double Oven Range

Pros

Cons

• Heat Distribution:

More space than you can use in one meal!

I loved this range from the moment I saw it in the store and I had to have it.  This range has cooktop grates that you don't have to lift the pot to slide it to another burner.  Also the material the grates are made from do not allow for over burning of any food dropped on them and are very easy to clean.  It has a smaller oven on the top that you can use for broiling or baking.  It has a larger oven on the bottom with three adjustable/ removable shelves for maximum usage.  Imagine being able to cook a pie in the top oven on 400 degrees while at the same time baking a ham in the bottom oven on 250 degrees.  Two ovens that can be on two different temperatures and can also be used for timed cooking.

Great design and space but questionable durability

We bought this over two years ago and while the design is great and the two ovens provide many options and space, the oven's touch pad did not last long. After about a year's worth of use, the oven has started beeping constantly and the oven sometimes does not allow you to set the temperature due to touch pad issues. We will be calling the company to inquire about fixing this soon. Not sure what they will/can do. otherwise, the heating functions are great and preheating does not take long. It's easy to clean and the stovetops are great. The multiple sizes are great.

Temperature Control
The oven temperature is working well as is the stove top.

Heat Distribution
The stove tops sizes range from small to large which is nice but since it's gas, it does not always heat in the center.

See the touch pad issues.

Very nice design with the two double doors of different sizes.

Smooth and easy to clean. Does not take long.

Touch pad issues

from Yuma, AZ

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Heats Up Quickly

Cons

• Touch Pad Doesn't Work So
  • Unreliable Performance

• Smaller Kitchens

Comments about Maytag Freestanding Gas Double Oven Range:

I love to bake, but recently my stove started beeping and now I can't even use the touch pad to turn my ovens on! The clock is the only thing that works! So disappointed!:(

Love our Double Oven!

from Johnson City, TN

Comments about Maytag Freestanding Gas Double Oven Range:

The Maytag gemini gas double oven is the perfect option for those wanting two ovens in a small space. We use the smaller, top oven all the time. It's perfect for pizzas and heating up dishes. I even use it to make muffins and cornbread. I use the larger oven for bigger dishes and those that require more even baking (like cakes, etc) One of the shelves in the larger oven slides out to easily remove larger, heavy dishes which I find so convenient. The cooktop has four burners, one of which is for simmering. I rarely use the small, simmer one. Since this is a dual oven, I do wish it had a dual timer as well. Overall, we love our double oven!

Our cooktop is a little scratched from cleaning over the years.

The top of our cooktop is white, so it seems I am constantly cleaning it since it shows everything.

I love my oven!

Comments about Maytag Freestanding Gas Double Oven Range:

This is an awesome oven. The stove top is easy to use and really easy to clean. I like that there is a 5th burner in the middle. The double oven is so convenient if you cook a lot or for big groups, which we do. The top oven cooks a little cooler than it should but once you take that into consideration, it is still great. We cook things in the top oven that are more for warming up or for keeping warm or things like rolls or bread, etc. The bottom oven is great for even big items like a turkey! Thanksgiving went great using this oven. It also doesn't make your kitchen over heat which I appreciate. Plus it's pretty!

Temperature Control
The top oven cooks a little cooler than the bottom oven.

Great design and space but questionable durability

Temperature Control
The oven temperature is working well as is the stove top.

Heat Distribution

See the touch pad issues.

Very nice design with the two double doors of different sizes.

Smooth and easy to clean. Does not take long.

Whirlpool's excellent customer service

from Junction City, KS

Comments about Maytag Freestanding Gas Double Oven Range:

I had initial problems with my Maytag Precision Touch 750 Series gas range and double oven.  I enjoy the cooktop on the range, but after 6 months, the finish began to wear off where my pans come in contact with the grates while cooking. I got another pair while it was still under warranty so that I can change them out when it looks too unappealing.

For the first 14 months of ownership I couldn't bake anything in my top, smaller oven with it being completely burned on the bottom.  After the service department made 6-7 trips and me beginning to feel as though they thought something was wrong with *me*, our problem is finally solved.  Fortunately each time the fellow made the one hour trip out to our house, there was truly a problem either with the oven heating terribly unevenly, or that the range of temperature within the oven was just all over the scale, too low, way too high, seldom on target.

I have finally made my first tin of biscuits and now my Christmas cookies without anything being burned on the bottom.  Yea!  NOW I'm reasonably happy with the range.  So very glad to have both ovens, which I paid extra to have, finally working just fine.

**Note:**  I cannot use any coated baking sheets or round pans, or my baked goods *will* burn on the bottom.

**Important: ** I want to be certain to mention that a few months ago here on *Viewpoints*, I posted a very negative review on this range and within 24 hours, a representative of Whirlpool (of which Maytag is now a subsidiary) contacted me via this website offering to do what they could to help solve my problem.  Further, within 3 days, someone from Whirlpool called my home offering the same help.  After the service rep came out for the final time, Whirlpool called to follow up once again.  Good goin', Whirlpool!

Maytag Precision Touch 750 Series Double Oven is a Treat

from Michigan City, IN

Comments about Maytag Freestanding Gas Double Oven Range:

I choose the black model of the Maytag Precision Touch 750 Series Double Oven Gas Range.  It is well constructed and I like the look of it too.  The oven is self-cleaning and the cook-top is easy to clean also.  I will confess that with the black model you will have to clean it after each use because it shows each and every little smudge.

Having the double oven is great for cooking those items that require different temperatures.  I often find that I only need to use the smaller oven which saves on gas not needing to heat as much space.  The touch controls let you know exactly when the oven is preheated to the perfect temperature so the cook times are very precise.  It was especially nice when cooking for the recent holiday dinner as I could have the ham baking in one oven and the brownies in another.

I love the design of the cook-top burner grates.  They are completely smooth so it can be a little tricky getting your pans placed just right and sometimes keeping them from sliding.  Also, we have LP gas which burns hotter than natural gas so the cook-top burners are all pretty hot except for one even on the lowest setting.  I have had a little difficulty when trying to simmer on low flame.  It takes a little practice but I am adjusting.  I didn't burn anything but had a few close calls in the beginning.

More space than you can use in one meal!

from West Mifflin, PA

Maytag=Awesome

from Keller, TX

Comments about Maytag Freestanding Gas Double Oven Range:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Can't even describe how much I love this little, or big, oven slash range. It is so coool. My food is always cooked perfectly. Never ever ever burnt. Unless I mean to purposely burn it. My previous range just stinked and flat out was horrible. Plus it gets so dirty really easily. Does what it needs to do. For the money you can't go wrong. We did not need anything fancy. The clock on this is a bonus, most inexpensive ones do not come with a clock and if they do they are 75.00 more. Basic oven here, get the job done. Since it is gas, if you do not know what you are doing have someone hook it up for you. So yes, I would love to recommend this oven or should I say range, to everyone

LOVE MY STOVE!

from Hopkins, MN

Comments about Maytag Freestanding Gas Double Oven Range:

I have had this Maytag range for a couple of years now and absolutely adore it! The dual ovens make it easy to efficiently prepare foods from pizza and snacks to a full holiday meal...combine the convection option in the larger oven and a 5 burner cooktop and you have virtually everything you need to accomplish whatever you need to do. I also love the stainless steel finish and self-cleaning features of both ovens.

Never even use the big oven

from Greenville, WI

Comments about Maytag Freestanding Gas Double Oven Range:

I purchased this when I bought my new house almost 6 years ago.  I hated the fact that with my old oven, I would want to cook the main dish at 350 but then a side at 400.  I had to have a smaller toaster type oven to accomplish this and I had unnecessary kitchen gadets.

I am so glad I bougth this oven.  I am not able to cook muliple items at different temperatures.  Actually, I rarely even use the big oven.  The small one is great to cook up a pan of lasagna or cheesy potatoes.  Heats up very quick.  The only downfall I have found is that I wish the smaller oven was just a tad bigger.  If I'm doing a casserole, my casserole dish will not fit into the smaller oven.  Even, if it's not covered.  So then I am wasting the longer time to heat up the large oven to cook it.  Also, when using both ovens at the same time, it takes forever for both of them to preheat.  But, overall I am very very happy with this.