Other Clothes Dryers:
Maytag
MDE7657BY

A Solid Dryer

Comments about Maytag Ensignia Electric Dryer:

We have been using this Maytag dryer for several years in my house, and in that time, it has given us trouble-free service while doing an excellent job of drying our clothes. Hopefully, we will be able to get many more years of service out of it.

Load Capacity
For the most part, the load capacity of this dryer is good. However, it could have some issues with heavier loads, as the few times that someone in my house tried to do a full load of towels, it started making a funny noise, leading me to believe that doing heavier loads could overload and possibly damage some of the mechanism.

For the most part, the dryer does a great job of drying our clothes, although some heavier items, such as blankets and sweatshirts might take a little extra to get dry. Also, there tends to be a lot of lint that accumulates, and has to be cleaned out fairly frequently.

This dryer has been pretty easy to use and figure out for the most part, as the controls and settings are, for the most part, very straightforward. However, the temperature settings can be a bit tricky to figure out at first, since the higher temperatures are higher than those on most other dryers, and the chime when it is finished is not very loud.

We have been using this dryer for several years, with nary a hiccup- every feature continues to work just fine, nor has anything broken, so it gets top marks for durability.

The design of this dryer is perfectly functional and gets the job done with a minimum of fuss or unecessary details that get in the way- just what I am looking for in a dryer. Furthermore, the double chime, where it goes off the first time when it is almost done, and a second time when finished is a nice and useful touch.

• Load Capacity:

Dependaple, multiple settings and still works like a charm

from Colton, SD

Comments about Maytag Ensignia Electric Dryer:

We've owned our Maytag Ensignia dryer for about 5 years now, after my mother in law gave it us. Its has never failed us in performance or quality, never broken down. I like the various options for selecting air temperature and the delicate cycle i use alot for delicate items like pillows, dry clean only items or bras. It dries silently and quickly and have never clogged up dryer lint(i remove lint with every load). Theirs lots of space in the drum to fit my queen size comforter too. I highly recommend it!

Load Capacity
Good space, will just barely fit my queen comforter. Holds its weight for all my clothes.

Very good with drying. As always, towels or jeans take the longest, about 35-40mins.

The options are very easy to understand and dryer lint is easy to take after each load.

After years of daily drying work, it still works like new.

Simple, easy to read design. Nothing too complicated about it and fits well my decor.

• Load Capacity:

from Bedford, KY

Pros

Cons

Comments about Maytag Ensignia Electric Dryer:

When I moved into my new home several years ago and purchased my washer I decided I wanted to go on and replace my dryer with the like model also. I really liked that the Maytag Ensignia Dryer was paired with my washer and would not only look good but give me the features I was looking for in a dryer. The Maytag is a well known name and you expect your product to be good and I have not been disappointed in this dryer. The maytag Ensignia Dryer has many features and all are easy to see and understand. There are four temperature controls that are air fluff, delicate, medium, and regular. This dryer also offers intellidry sensor so when your clothes go in and you turn the dryer on a light will light up showing either dry, damp or wet so it gives you an ideal just how wet they are. There is also a chime on/off knob so you can decided it you want to hear a buzzer when your clothes are dry or not, as well as a drying temperature control which includes regular, timed dry, permanent press. One of the features of this dryer I really like is the dryer rack that is removable, it is great for shoes an delicate clothing that you do not want to tumble around. I really like my maytag and would recommend this.