3.3
Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer

Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer

3.3

Very good for the price

I recently got a Maytag Centennial and I have to say that it was something very good. It is a very solid machine. The price was excellent and it was certainly very good value. You can wash your clothes with different programs and the results have been always good for the programs I have used until now. You can use all kinds of detergents, powder or liquid. You can use all kind of softeners. Bleach, whatever you want. The machine is fast and clean. You do not need to get a very expensive washer machine to get the results you are used to, believe me.

If you do not own a washer machine, if you still have to be getting coins to do your laundry, I would recommend you to get this machine. In no time you will realize you have made a very good investment. Not only will this Maytag Centennial be good for your pocket, it will also be good for your time. If you have it at home, you will not have to be driving to do your laundry.

Good value!

Extremely disappointed

Even if it may cost a little more for a different model, go for it...I don't suggest buying this one. I absolutely hate it. The wash cycle takes way to long and seems as if it sits idle MORE than it is washing. 80% of the time the clothes haven't been properly rinsed through the spin cycle, because at the end of the wash, they are still soaking wet. But of course you can't just set if on a spin cycle because YOU DON'T HAVE THAT OPTION. I didn't realize it was going to be that difficult. It SAYS it helps save on water but I don't understand how you're saving on water if you have to wash your clothes more than once to get them rinsed properly!!! Oh, and if you need to throw an extra article of clothing in after you have adjusted your settings and pushed the start button, you are S.O.L. and have to wait! What a horrible investment I have to deal with now :(

Worst Product On The Market !!!

from Utah

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• NONE !

Cons

• Breaks Down
  • Doesn't Clean Effectively
  • EVERYTHING !
  • Long Cycle
  • Noisy
  • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

This was a BIG mistake . My parents 43 year old maytag is much more efficient than this. Doesn't clean -spin or do large loads - Utter and complete FAIL of a machine. Started breaking at 1 & 1/2 years of ownership. I have never owned a more poor quality piece of equipment - DON'T BUY !

Keep shopping

from Acworth, Ga

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Large Capacity
    • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
    • Long Cycle
    • Noisy

• Bedding
    • Delicates
    • Heavy/Bulky Items
    • Towels

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

Leaves hair, fur, and lent all over clothes. Actually, I feel like the machine creates lent and other junk that leaves spots on the clothes (terrible for dark color pants and shirts.) That's my biggest issue with this machine. Second, it locks when the water is starting. I like to add items as the water is running, but not this this one. Third, it makes weird buzzing noises as it washes. Forth, it's "energy effecient" which I guess to Maytag means it does add enough water to get clothese wet... If it worked, it would be great for bedding and towels, as it's pretty large, with a very low agitator, wich makes throwing things in a breeze. Still not worth it if it doesnt clean the stuff. Live and learn!

Oh God What Have I Done???? I Hate It!!!!

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

Okay, yes Maytag normally puts out a fine product that lasts forever, and yes the Centennial is energy efficient...but of course it's energy efficient because it doesn't take a lot of energy TO NOT CLEAN ANYTHING PROPERLY. Don't be seduced by the budget friendly price, like I was. Spend a little bit more money for a model that actually works.

Energy Efficiency
    Energy efficiency is about all this turkey has going for it. It's energy efficient because it doesn't use enough water to get the job done right.

Cleaning Time
    It works pretty quickly...in fact too quickly. About 50% of the time during a cycle it's either "sensing" your load, or just sitting mysteriously sitting there doing nothing even though the light indicates it's on "spin." The actual time spent washing and rinsing is but a fraction of the cycle...and it shows.

I don't even know where to start! First of all, don't even try to fit more than 4 towels at a time into this machine or it will completely freak out. It's supposed to be a large capacity, but it can't actually handle large loads without banging like the wrath of God, going cockeyed and/or just shutting down completely. And bed linens....forget it. There's no agitator arm, which is supposed to be part of it's revolutionary "energy efficiency" but in actuality results in sheets balling up into a wad that folds tightly in on itself, thus preventing the soap from reaching most of the fabric. Stains don't come out, the fabric softner usually doesn't dispense from the Downey Ball because the cycle doesn't spin hard enough to open it...but when it does, it doesn't rinse enough, so your clothes come out feeling slimy instead of soft. Oh, and even if you remove your clothing the second the machine stops, everything is balled up and completely wrinkled. FAIL!

Sure, it's easy to put things into it and turn it on...but don't leave it unattended because you never know when it's going to freak out on you and then you'll have to try to unlock the machine (which ain't easy once you press start...so good luck if you realize you dropped a sock,) unball the mess, and redistribute everything....then cross your fingers and hope that this time you'll get through an entire wash cycle.

Apparently there is a reason why, up until now, top load washing machines have agitator arms...because they are necessary! The lack of one is not an innovation...it's a design flaw.

Well so far I've had it for 6 months, and with my luck it will last forever so I can spend the next 20 years hating it and regretting my mistake. I wish it would just explode and give me a reason to replace it without feeling like a fool for flushing the money that it cost me down the toilet.

• Cleaning Time:

Makes life just that much easier!

Love our new washer!

Energy star approved.

Cleaning Time
    The cycles do take a while.

I can tell the difference between this washer and our old one, clothes never looked so good!

It's SO simple- all I do is throw the detergent and clothes in, and with the touch of a button I'm done!

Our washer goes through many loads a day, and withstands it all!

frustrated

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

I HATE this washer. It takes for ever and now something is slipping and it makes a horrible noise. We just have not had the time to have a repair man out. Always thought Maytag was the best....not this one. sooooo annoying. I have a lot of laundry and it takes forever and washing clothes now became an major task and timing consuming chore. Unfortunately life is so busy you just go with the flow and live with it. It also is a pain if you decide to add something to have to push the unlock and wait , then restart. So disappointed in the product. The dryer takes forever also and usually have to add time to the drying.

• Cleaning Time:

Do not purchase this product.

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

Don't buy it!! I have always loved the Maytag products, but this machine is Aweful!! It can't handle a full load and does not get clothes clean. I wish that I could return it.

Cleaning Time
    It takes forever and sometimes does not complete all cycles.

Forget doing towels and with a lake house this is a huge problem.

I have to stay and make sure the machine is loaded evenly. One towel can stop the cycle

Much prefer the old agitator. I want my old machine back!!

It may not last a year. I may blow the monster up.

• Cleaning Time:

Do not buy this washer, doesn't matter how inexpensive it is!

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

Overall it stinks, we have 3 kids and a dog. Clothes always come out with dog hair on them

Energy Efficiency
    rewashing anything makes it less efficient. I have to rewash and respin because the clothes come out too wet.

Cleaning Time
    ridiculous amount of time to wash a load.

It is not even working right now, trying to figure it out, just read others comments, probably should just not bother with it and go buy another washer!

Have been using this machine for 6 months, its not working now

• Cleaning Time:

Good washer and great value

from Gulf Shores, AL

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

We have had this washer for over a year and I really like it. I like that i dont have to change the load size everytime because the water auto levels. You can also add the softner from the begining and it has a separate container thing to pour the bleach. You can also choose delicate cycle or big load for conforters and such. Overall I like and its very easy to use and a great value for our family.

• Cleaning Time:

Great machine for a small family on a budget

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

I have owned this machine for about 9 months, and overall I've been very pleased! The washer does have fewer options and extras than other more expensive washers, but for the price it gets the job done well! The machine looks nice, and holds a large load with no problems. It does take a little longer to wash a load, but that is due mainly to the water and energy saving sensors. If you are looking for a solid, basic machine at a reasonable price, I would recommend this one.

I have only owned it for 9 months so I cannot say long term durability, but for the time we have had it we have been satisfied- it handles my husbands heavy work clothes no problem.

• Cleaning Time:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Johnson City, NY

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

I have had this machine just over 1 year and I hate it. It is supposed to be energy efficient therefore uses little water. I do not feel it gets my clothes clean and leaves white residue all over dark colors. It will not unlock once it has started. You have to stop the cycle and restart from the begining.It has no agitator. I would never buy again.

Energy Efficiency
    It uses less water therefore less detergent. I have not seen any decrease in my electric so not sure about that.

Cleaning Time
    It delay starts and bangs and clangs before actually getting started.

I do not feel it gets clothes as clean as with my old washer that had an actual agitator.

It is very easy to use. Just put clothes around the walls of the washer without cover center. Close lid- push button and that is it.

I do not like the design of the inside of the washer without the agitator.

So far it has worked but I do not dare put too much weight in it because of the little water.