2.9
MVWC200XW
Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer

Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer

2.9

Pros

• Large capacity (4)

Cons

• Breaks down (5)
  • Noisy (5)
  • Long cycle (3)
  • Shakes/moves (3)

• Energy Efficiency:
    • Cleaning Time:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (7)

Let the machine do the work for you

We have had Maytags for a long time including the old wringer washers.
The Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer MVWC200WX really gets the job done.
We have our own well which means...Read complete review

We have had Maytags for a long time including the old wringer washers.
The Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer MVWC200WX really gets the job done.
We have our own well which means really hard water and I was total pleased how clean our clothes were and let me tell you being farmers that we do get them really dirty at times. Also the machine is great getting horse and dog hair out of the clothes, not to mention grass stain also.
The MayTag Centennial Top Load Washer is really easy to use and has a quite operation so you don't even know it is running which I total love.
Everything is so easy to use on this machine.
Also it is really large so it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Energy Efficiency
For the work that it does it does not run up the light bill.

Cleaning Time
Really fast cleaning those really dirty clothes

Hard little worker

So simple that a child could use it, if only they would.

Looks nice and made just right

A hard worker

Do Not Buy Maytag Washer Centennial Model #MVWC200XW1

Just purchased this MVWC200XW1 Maytag Washer and used it twice. An alarming LOUD noise is coming from the wash cycle. A service call has been put in for Monday. Tell me Maytag, how do you make your products. Do you not test them thoroughly before shipment for purchase. I will NEVER purchase another Maytag and you said Maytag built to last. Yep, last for one day. You can be asured I will let all my friends and family know about Maytag! Unbelievalbe!

and then this happened...

You know I am so mad I could dump this washer on Maytag's doorstep. Built strong to last, who are you kidding. This washer has not worked since I bought it. The service man has been here six times already and I still have no washer to wash my clothes. I will never ever buy another Maytag and I certainly will tell all my friends and the world about your product and service and reliability. First, it had to have a whole new transmission put into it. Now I'm sure it is the electrical circuitry system, because it does nothing it is supposed to do when you set it for washing. That is all goofed up. Tell me who puts your products together. Do they read English. I remember your commercial a long time ago that said the loneliest serviceman was a Maytag serviceman. Well, that certainly has changed hasn't it? You get no satisfaction from Maytag or for that matter the place where I bought it, Menards. We wanted to take it back and they wouldn't take it back and Maytag just tells me to get a service technician. Tell me, is there no more pride in companies. Does anyone in the world care. I am totally disgusted with this washer. If you are intending to purchase this washer take heed and get another brand.

Do not buy maytag they do not stand behind their products

from Bush, La

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
    • Noisy

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

In March of 2017 I purchased a new maytag top load washer. After about 10 months it beagn to make a grinding noise. I contacted maytag to set up a service technician to come to my house and after several hours waiting on a call back I was told they would get back to me in two business days. They did not call me back in the two day and when I did call them back they said they did not have a certified technician to come out to my house and it was up to me to find someone in my area. They have on their website " Maytag doesn't just talk about dependability - We back it up". This is joke since they only cover machines in densly populated areas. If you live just outside of the city limits they do not back up their products.

Worst purchase EVER

from Ontario Canada

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Large Capacity

Cons

• Breaks Down
      • Long Cycle
      • Noisy
      • Shakes/Moves

• Nothing

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

Not sure where to start. Built to last my butt! Ok so it started flodding water and yes we use HE detergent and pods or liquids. Ok that got fixed. Then it vibrated so bad and constantly went off balance. New suspension spring set yep another 115 bucks! The clothes are constantly wrapped around agitator no matter how carefully you place in there, making sure not to wrap around tub. Horrible machine!
      I can not for the life of me why this model was not recalled. We thought we just bought a one off lemon... but sadly that is not the case. Just google maytag MVWC200XW problem and you will have enough reading to last you days I said maytag but should have said whirlpool because the sticker that your model number is on says whirlpool on it, when you need a part- yep you guessed it whirlpool. For the absurd amount of money we paid for the washer dryer set it should work. The other complaint that others and myself have is the wash time 59-80 minutes! Just for kicks search your model # and lawsuit. I think you would be surprised. Never again. At this rate Maytag will lose any long term customers they had who bought this garbage machine they should be ashamed! If you see one of these FREE run and keep searching for another washer! It will cost you more to fix then to buy another brand

Unreliable, leaves clothes sodden and knotted

from Wilmington, OH

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well

Cons

• Long Cycle
      • Noisy
      • Shakes/Moves
      • Unpredictable, at times clothes are dripping wet

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

As empty-nesters this washer runs just a few loads each week. It has shaken and jumped around ever since new even after verifying it was level. The agitator also grabs drawstrings and long sleeves winding them around the agitator base. Drawstrings must be tied and knotted before washing or they will pull out. The latest problem with this washer is that the spin cycle (sometimes) will not rev up leaving clothes sodden. Even running the drain and spin cycle a second time provides little improvement. As this action is unpredictable AND the unit is a year out of warranty, this washer will be replaced with a different, probably non-Maytag washer. I would definitely recommend AGAINST buying this disappointing model.

Love it!

from Henderson, NC

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
        • Clean Clothes Well
        • Energy Efficient
        • Large Capacity
        • Quiet
        • Spins Clothes Dry

• Bedding
          • Delicates
          • Everyday Clothes
          • Heavy/Bulky Items
          • Towels

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

I purchased this washer about 5 months ago and it has been used everyday since. I have only one complaint and that is the lid-locking. I looked everywhere for a washer with a small agitator and this one had it and in my price range. This washer get my clothes 10x cleaner than my old washing machine. This washer has all kinds of settings to use to wash different types of clothing. You have to use the right setting for the washer to get the correct amount of water for the load. I always wash my big heavy clothing and covers on the bulky setting. It also has extra rinse and pre soak settings. There is also soil levels to make sure your clothes are getting the cleaning they need without ruining them. There are also drain and spin cycles, rinse and spin cycle, clean machine cycle, hand wash cycle, wrinkle control, and soak cycles. It also has tap cold, cold, cool, warm, and hot temperature settings. It is very quiet and washes clothes in a pretty quick amount of time(especially quicker than my old one lol). I have actually noticed a decrease in my light bill since having this washer also. I am very pleased with this machine. I have already recommended this machine to many of my friends and family members.

Since the Maytag repairman died quality has died with him!

from Liberty, NC

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

Our last washer lasted 20 years...this one lasted 1-1/2 years before the main board went out. I'm not wasting over $300 to repair something I have no confidence in. What happened to the good old days when a washer didn't have computers! I don't need a washer that senses. I just want one to work. Do not waste your money on this unit.

This washer leaked big time and caused me $20K of damage

from San Jose,CA

Pros

Cons

• Leaked water all over my upper floor $20K dam

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

We use the washer a lot and we've had it for a year only. One evening it started leaking a lot of water without my knowledge. It flooded our bathroom and the entire floor and ceiling of the lower room was damaged. It's going to cost us over $20,000 to fix. These washers are built so badly.

DO NOT (UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES) BUY THIS WASHER

from SEAL BEACH, CALIFORNIA

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Large Capacity
                  • Quiet
                  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Breaks Down
                  • Doesn't Clean Effectively

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

WE USE IT EVERY DAY. IN ORDER TO MAKE THE TUB FILL WITH ENOUGH WATER TO WAASH EVERYTHING IN IT, WE HAVE TO KEEP OPENING THE LID. (EVERY TIME YOU OPEN THE LID, IT CAUSES THE WATER LEVEL TO RISE )

don't buy

from MI.

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Large Capacity

Cons

• Breaks Down
                    • Noisy

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

This did not last even 5 years. This has been noisy from the beginning. Not worth your money.

The biggest waste of money that I'm now stuck with!!

from Peace river ab

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
                        • Doesn't wash clothes!!
                        • Long Cycle
                        • Noisy
                        • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

This is the biggest waste of money. Not only does it take forever to was a load? They come out just as dirty as when they went in. After speaking to the repair man, we were informed that the machine uses too little of water to wash the clothes properly. If I could find a way to get rid of this set I would. Very disappointed in this purchase!

Load it and Leave It!

Comments about Maytag Centennial Top Load Washer:

NO More Guess Work! This machine is smart, don't worry about having the water level set too high or too low! The machine auromaticly adjusts to the load you have inside. So load it and leave it!

Energy Efficiency
                          On average, I think we use half the electricity with this unit.

Cleaning Time
                          THis washer does a thuro job, and can be adjusted for how dirty your clothes are, with the soil level setting, and extra rince option.

We've used this washer a lot, and have never had to rewash anything!

Even a blind gi can figure it out! I only had to make some very minor adaptations, like putting a small piece of labling tape on the edge of the dile. The rest was pretty much self explanatory. So if you have someone in your home whom doesn't see well, I highly recommend this unit. Because of its ease of adaptation.

You can put pretty bulky items in this washer, but if you want to wash large comforters or other bulky items, I don't recommend it.

We've had some periods of heavy use with this washer, and it has stood up to the challenge.

• Energy Efficiency: