2.3

Cons

Inexpensive washer, poor quality

from Port Saint Lucie, FL

Comments about Maytag Centennial Series Washer:

When my fiancé and I purchased our first house we put so much money into the kitchen applicants and just purchased this Maytag centennial washer (along with the dryer). At first it seemed fine. Then after a year something broke. Luckily, my fiancé is mechanically inclined and was able to fix it. I believe it was a censor. But it was a major pain to put the back on it again! Then another year later it is broken again. This time the agitator is only moving in one direction. He tried a few less expensive fixes and unfortunately they didn't work. We ended up realizing it would cost more to get a repairman out to fix it than it was worth. So, we ended up buying a front loader. It is only us, so we don't use it as often as a family of four would, and I never overloaded it. I was shocked that it only lasted a couple years! I wouldn't recommend this washer to anyone, unless you want to buy a new one a couple years later! :-(

Maytag washing machine

Comments about Maytag Centennial Series Washer:

A piece of junk. I will never purchase a Maytag product or any product manufactured by its affiliates (check on real manufacturer of Maytag products, i.e. Whirlpool, Kenmore, etc.). Customer service is a phone loop.

Cleaning Time
I will never purchase a maytag or any other product produced by maytag manufacturers

Awesome Washer!

Comments about Maytag Centennial Series Washer:

I had this washer for 3 years prior to moving into a model home. The model home had a newer GE washer and dryer that came including so I gave my Maytag to my brother. I wish I would have kept my Maytag over a newer GE model. This Maytag can handle heavy duty loads, is whisper quiet, and 100% dependable. Everything you want to ask for in a washer.

• Cleaning Time:

Not recommended for anyone; Very noisy

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Maytag Centennial Series Washer:

I can't stand this washer. Very, very noisy for a top loader. The lid locks which I had no clue of. Unfortunately, when I purchased it, the sales rep told me the only thing I need to be aware of is that I can't control the water levels; that it does it by the load size/weight. Unfortunately, I was in the process of buying a house that didn't come with a washer & dryer so this was on sale and I had thought since it was a "Maytag" that it would be of such high quality. I was wrong. Never again. It senses and changes cycles electronically. The clicking sound that it makes when it changes those cycles is so loud I can hear out from outside of my house and my dog constantly barks at it. It is so loud. Do not, I repeat, do not, purchase this washer. You will not be happy. Very, very, noisy and a locking lid on a top loader? I can't stand it!!!

Energy Efficiency
ok, it has something positive about it. It does come with a high energy rating.

Cleaning Time
takes forever. Even when it first begins it has to sense the load. So that alone takes a few moments before the washer will even begin doing anything.

seems to take forever even on the shortest setting which is "light" soil load

a locking lid on a top loader. Horrible!

can't stand it

no clue on the durability