2.7
MVWX600X, MVWX600XW
Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer

Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer

2.7

Pros

• Spins clothes dry (5)
  • Adjustable settings (3)
  • Large capacity (3)

Cons

• Doesn't clean effectively (7)
  • Long cycle (7)
  • Noisy (6)
  • Shakes/moves (4)
  • Breaks down (3)

• Everyday clothes (3)
    • Energy Efficiency:
    • Cleaning Time:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (9)

I'm in love with my washing machine

I love my Maytag Bravos washing machine. It has a very sleek design and holds quite a bit of clothing. You can wash a king size quilt or numerous pairs of jeans in one wash. It is quiet, unlike most washing machines. The lid locks one the cycle has begun which is nice. When running at night it looks like an airplane cockpit. There are several different cycles to choose from. Once the cycle is finished my clothes come out almost dry. I love the glass lid, which I haven't had any trouble at all with. Balancing it was a breeze. There are dispensers for detergent (this machine takes HE), fabric softener (no more need for a downy ball) and bleach. Even though HE detergents are a bit more, the cost evens out because you don't have to use as much. The washer also has a clean cycle, which you leave the washing machine empty and add one cup of bleach and set the cycle. The machine then cleans itself. If there is an error, a code will come up on the screen to let you know what the problem is. This machine does just about everything for you, except of course fold the laundry LOL.

Mixed feelings about this machine

I originally wanted to buy a front loading HE washer, but changed my mind after reading so many bad reviews about the mold problems.  The Maytag Bravos top loader HE washer seemed to be the answer. It has the same features as the front loaders (huge capacity, water saver, sanitary wash) but without the mold problem. I also like that I can pause it and add a garment at any time, or change the settings without having to wait, unlike the front loaders.

I really wanted to LOVE this machine, since it was so expensive (about 950.00), and for the most part I'm happy with it.  BUT, the problem is that with a large item like a blanket, bedspread or even sheets, it tends to throw it off-center and everything ends up on one side of the machine in a big ball - sometimes the machine goes off, other times it just clumps along making a lot of noise and there is just no way the item will come unclumped. It usually happens after the wash cycle before it goes to rinse, and it DOES happen with EVERY large item (and one of their selling points is that it will do a king size comforter - WRONG).  An error code comes up on the display that it's an unbalanced load - then I need to shut it off, untangle it and turn it back on - sometimes untangling a wet blanket is not that easy to do, and I can't leave the house while the machine is running for fear it will go off center. VERY annoying. At first I thought the glass top was sort of unnecessary, but now I'm happy to have it so I can see when the clothes are off to one side.

I will say the clothes get very clean, it's easy to use and I love the sanitary wash feature, but because of the balance issue I'm not sure I would buy this machine again.

absolute worthless piece of machinery

from Scottsdale, Az

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
  • Long Cycle
  • Noisy
  • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

how this machine got favorable reviews is beyond my comprehension. I have had it for 5 years and have finally "thrown in the towel". Clothes come out with complete dry spots. I have tried less clothes, double rinse cycles, etc. Nothing. It is horrific. It has also damaged and ruined more clothes and sheets by shredding them. If there is the slightest string loose in your item, even unseen by you, the machine will shred and ruin it. The machine does spin the clothes dry (especially since some parts never got wet in the first place) but they come out so wrinkled and twisted, even ironing them does not removed the wrinkles. Shame shame on Maytag. Will never buy one again. Am now buying a front loader. My last machine lasted 20 years. Now I have this piece of junk to get rid of.

Piece on junk

from Cleveland, Ohio

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Large Capacity

Cons

• Breaks Down
    • Doesn't Clean Effectively
    • Long Cycle

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I have had to fix this machine 3 times since I bought it. I hate it! Waste of money!

Does not clean clothes

from Cleveland, TN

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
      • Long Cycle
      • Will not spin clothes

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I have had this machine for 6 years. By far the worst washer I have ever had. Save your money. Buy a different brand!

Is a good choice

from Mexico

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
        • Clean Clothes Well
        • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Long Cycle
        • Noisy

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I have no problems with it just be sure to place it in a place with a door because is noisy but is bearable.

Washer broken after 4 years. We wash a load a day.

from San Jacinto California

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings

Cons

• Noisy
        • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

Making a loud buzzing sound as soon as we loaded a load. Wouldn't turn off til unplugged. My luck just out of warranty.

WORST machine ever used

from AB, Canada

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Energy Efficient

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
        • Long Cycle
        • Noisy
        • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I bought the Large Capacity Washer with Optimal Dispensers- 4.3 Cu. Ft. by Maytag May 22 2015 at Leons and if able, I would have been returned after the first wash. The 1st wash did not spin the clothes dry enough to place in the dryer and still does not regularly spin well. I regularly need to use the extra drain/spin so the clothes are drained enough to put in the dryer. Please note I do NOT over fill with clothes, I wash half the clothes I did in my last washer of equal Cu.Ft and I use like materials as specified in the instructions.
          The washes shortest cycles take at least an hour (not including having to do another spin/drain) and uses such little water that I have to use the extra rinse cycle on most loads.
          The washing machine is VERY hard on the clothes; towels (which I feel are pretty hardy) have been destroyed.
          Today the machine stopped draining/spinning completely and smelled like it was burning. I called the warranty # and was told it would be a week until someone could come out. When I tried to escalate a sooner repair date the 'manager' Jessie refused to assist in anyway insisting there was nothing he could do. I spent the morning calling my local repair shops and was able to find a Maytag warranty repair person to come out the same day, but had to call the warranty # again and have Maytag place the request.
          Sorry for the long post, but this washer is the WORST purchase I have made. The warranty experience was very unimpressive. I will not be purchasing anything from Maytag/Whirlpool/Jennair ever again.

Great washer if you read the instructions.

from Maryland

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
          • Clean Clothes Well
          • Energy Efficient
          • Large Capacity
          • Spins Clothes Dry

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

Well to all those who rated this poorly, read the directions. I'll copy and paste how to open the lid without emptying the water:
              If you need to open the lid, press
              START/Pause/Unlock. The lid will unlock
              once the washer movement has stopped.
              This may take several minutes if the load
              was spinning at high speed. Press START/
              Pause/Unlock again to resume the cycle.
              My wife complained about everything she couldn't figure out(especially the start and stop action of the auto sensor) and final decided to take 2 minutes to read the directions. Now she absolutely loves it. Hundreds of complaints online about high efficiency washers that don't get clothes clean. This one gets everything clean. Spin speed is extremely fast so clothes come out very dry, but you have to use the adjustable feet to balance if your floor is not perfectly level. Great purchase. Have had it 3 years.

TERRIBLE Technology

from Phoenix, AZ

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
              • Long Cycle
              • Noisy

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

The Maytag Bravos XL WITHOUT agitator is absolutely the worst washer ever produced. It's not "energy efficient" because it is always unbalanced and requires extra time and energy to correct itself. It's not "quiet" as it sounds like a helicopter taking off in our laundry room when it starts the spin cycle that destroys your clothes. It absolutely does NOT "clean clothes well" as it leaves dirt behind and rarely removes all of the HE soap. It may be capable of a "large capacity load" but if it doesn't get the clothes clean... who cares? It does "spin clothes dry" so tightly that they rip apart after several washings. It is truly one huge piece of garbage. Maytag has been totally unresponsive to all requests to remove these machines from our house. Terrible... terrible... experience.

Really disappointed in Maytag/Whirlpool

from Dallas, TX

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Breaks Down
                • Doesn't Clean Effectively

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

Purchased 2011 for my home use, family of 4. Lasted only 4 years. Motor burned up. Although technically under limited warranty, the motor is on backorder by manufacturer. I've already been hauling to a laundromat for 2 weeks, now they say the "think" it will be another 6 weeks. Forget it. I'm forced to buy a new machine, which will not be a Maytag or Whirlpool (which purchased Maytag).

Buyer Beware: Do not purchase a Maytag Washer

from Franklin Square, NY

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down
                    • Doesn't Clean Effectively
                    • Leaky
                    • Long Cycle
                    • Noisy
                    • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I bought this washer less than 4 years ago and it's already broken (leaking from the basket). Maytag refuses to honor their warranty and is charging $400 to send someone out to fix it even though it specifically says in the warranty that the basket is covered. When I mentioned this to the rep, I was told that does not apply to all washers. I expected better service from Maytag and thought it was a reputable company. I will now have to purchase another washer, rather than spend $400 to fix this one. It definitely will not be a Maytag!