Other Washing Machines:

Pros

Cons

• Energy Efficiency:
    • Cleaning Time:

So far I love it, but I do have a couple of issues with it

I was just gifted a new washer and dryer from my husband's grandmother, and this is the washer she bought for our family. There are many things about this machine that I love. It looks great and has a large capacity. It is very durable and well built (of course, it's a Maytag!) Some of the minor issues I've had are explained in more detail below.

Energy Efficiency
I'm not sure how it compares to others in terms of electricity usage, but as far as conserving water goes this is a great machine. It uses much less water and detergent than traditional top loading machines.

Cleaning Time
Personally I think the cleaning time is really long. This doesn't really seem to be specific to any brand though, because all of the newer machines that use less water than the old fashioned top loaders seem to take a long time to me. I've washed clothes in a similar high efficiency washer (my mother-in-law's LG machine) and each load takes forever in hers too. Basically whichever cycle you pick, it's going to take over an hour (sometimes well over an hour) to wash a single load. Ultimately I think we're all going to have to get used to longer wash times, because it seems like the traditional, top loading, agitating washers (which had quicker wash times) are a thing of the past. They don't even seem to be on the market anymore.

It works great, however the fact that it uses less water than older top loaders means that (at least in our household) less pet hair gets rinsed away than in machines that fill all the way up. I have noticed more dog hairs still stuck on the wet clothes when they come out than in other machines I've used.

I love the look of this machine. It is well built, and very attractive. When I lift the lid up and down it just feels heavier and more well made than other machines I've used. The see through glass top is great! I love being able to look down in while the machine is in use to see what's going on in there. The only thing I really don't like about the design is that if it takes too long to fill, an error message comes on the screen and you have to push the power button to turn if off in order to open the lid. When you do that the water all automatically drains out and you have to start the whole load again from the beginning of the cycle. I wish I could turn it off and on again without all of the water and soap draining out.

Great at first

I absolutely LOVED this washer when I first got it. I love it's large capacity. It cleans very well. It does not snag my clothes and the BEST feature in my opinion is the Hand Wash feature. I have put all of my hand wash items in the washer on this setting and not one of them has been damaged. I am a mom of 4 children and one is in cloth diapers! It gets them clean every time! The only issue is that two years in I have started to get a F1 error code. IT seems to be a common issue. I have to CONSTANTLY turn the washer off and start a loads 4-5 times before the wash cycle will work. After that it stops at the rinse cycle and I have do do the same thing to get it to rinse. I really wish this hadn't happened, because I would have otherwise given the washer a 5 point rating. Too bad!

Energy Efficiency
With 6 people in the house and tons of clothes to wash this was very important for us!

Cleaning Time
I would give it a 5, but I have to keep going back and turning the washer on and off

Only because of the F1 error I continually get

It has a very sleek design and fits well in my laundry room

it is still working, just not to the standard I was expecting.

This is the best washer I have ever used.

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I purchaed this washer two years ago.I can't believe I ever had to use another washer, this is absoulutely the best purchase I ever made (not including the matching Dryer). It is very easy to use,energy efficient, & uses a fraction of the water "regular" washers use. It is the best of both worlds of washers, it's a top loader but all the perks of a front loader. It even has an Afresh setting, so you know exactly what setting to clean it on.

Energy Star rated.

Cleaning Time
Everything seems to get cleaner faster. It determines the amount of water to use my how many clothes are in the machine.

I have not had any issues with this machine.

Very easy to read knobs. A lot of settings to customize each individual load.

Its a top load, but same concept & benefits as a front loader which makes it easier on the back & no expensice pedistals to purchase.

I have a 3 1/2 yr old, so I do 5-6 loads a week & it works as good today as the day I bought it.

• Energy Efficiency: