3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

Maytag washing machines are the best!

I love my Maytag washing machine.  It is dependable, has a large tub to accommodate a larger load and cleans my clothes.  This is my second Maytag washer and I have been fortunate in that I have not had to call a repairman.  My first was used for over 20 years, and I mean used.  I just used the first so long and so much that it was completely worn out.  So I expect and believe that this Maytag washer is going to give me the same results.  I have never seen a Maytag repairman and probably never will.

Don't buy the Maytag Bravo!

I purchashed the Matag Bravo.  The salesman talked me into it when he told me it would hold quilts and larger loads.  Wish I didn't listen.  What a lousey machine!~  When I wash I have to babysit the washer.  It stops spinning if the load is "too heavy"  I may put a few items in to see if it will continue with the automatic wash.  I end up ringing the clothes out or hanging them up dripping on the clothes lines.  I have only had this item a year and would give anything to get rid of it and get my old stand by Kenmore washer back.  This purchase was probably the worst I ever made.  I am so sick and tired of constantly having to watch this washer and turn it on and off after I switch the clothers around in the water to try to get it to spin.  It is not broken, it's just a piece of crap.  What a rip off.  DON"T BUY It!~~~~

mechanic clothing and pet stains and hair

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I love my maytag washer. My husband is a mechanic and has greasy clothes 6 days of the week. It does an amazing job!! We also have some four legged babies who have a blanket each and I never have any problems with pet stains or hair. If I ever need to upgrade, I will definitely look for the same model.

Not worth the money!

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

We have had this washer for less than a year and a half. It is leaking from the top and sounds like a plane going off when it spins. Horrible washer!

Clothes sometimes still look dirty after being washed.

To have issues after only a year and a half of ownership is bad.

Maytag Bravos Top Load HE Washer MVWB300WQ1

from Carmichael, CA

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I love my new washer! I don't have to worry about the correct water temp or amount of water for the tub since it is all automatic. It even determines the amount of time and gives you a countdown of the time left. I love how the machine 'talks' to you with chimes and let's you know when the load is finished. It is much quieter than my last machine. The dispensers are all there for soap, bleach, and softener so it is easy to remember to do. I am very pleased with how well it washes while still being better for the environment with using less water. All around, I would definitely buy this washer again!

Energy Efficiency
it seems to only use the water it needs depending on the size of the load

it practically works itself. It can rebalance a load of bulky items if it goes off balance and I have only had to readjust things once since I've had the machine. This was while doing a load of throw rugs. I have done large (cal-king) comforters without problem. Very quiet.

It does not have a soak cycle but you can pause the cycle after it fills and soak in that manner.

nice look

very good

• Cleaning Time:

Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer MVWB300W is a grand washer.

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer MVWB300W is a really good product. The word grand means that it's amazing, in case you didn't know what I meant. This washer stands up to its name and it claims. It definitely gets my clothing clean. The setting choices are great because you have a lot to choose from. I like the fact that I don't get confused by the instructions on how to use it either. Some washing machines are a little bit too complicated for me. I like using simple things. I dislike products that confuse me. I like the big loads that this machine can do. It really holds a lot, some machines don't hold as much as others and that can really slow down your clothing washings. I like the design of this machine as well; I consider it to be, simple yet sweet to look at. What I mean by that is, it's not too fancy. I like the fact that this machine is quiet, but once in awhile, it can be noisy if you load it improperly. I wish it were a little lower in price though, that's why I love sales. I'd have to give this machine a "7" on a scale of "1-10" if I were to rate it.

Washes clothes well

from Detroit, MI

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

This washer can wash clothes very fast and it is simple to use as well. Although the washer is sort of small in a way, it loads from the top, has a slot for putting in laundry softener as well, and settings for choosing what clothes to wash, from delicates, to cotton, and rugged clothing. It has the extra rinse setting as well as whether for putting the settings from light, medium, and heavy loads. The washer also has a cold, warm, and hot setting. I wash loads of clothes in it and it always comes out smelling fresh and clean. However, there can be oil residue built up in it if you put dirty, oily clothes inside of it. My father washed his clothes last week (which was oily) and after he spread it, I put mine inside and when I took the clothes out, most of it was clean, but about two of my clothes had a few dirty stains from the oil on his clothes (which got on the washer a little bit). After re-washing the clothes, the oil stains came out, and the washer was clean again (along with my clothes).

Modern design.

If you put too much clothes in it, it will detect this and if you set it on medium instead of heavy, it will still pour out more water, while at the same time, not flooding the basement.

IMHO - Maytag's not the best Label to buy

from Johnsonville, SC

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

Maytag, I always thought it to be such a quality name and was so excited to purchase.  Worked great for the first 6 months or so then it started not rinsing the clothes well and the clothes just didn't smell clean. We laid wood flooring in our laundry and kitchen areas and low and behold the dang Maytag washer decided to to run over and flood the floor. Don't try to call a "maytag repair man" because they can't get him up out of that chair sleeping to send him out on a call. I have not been happy with any of my maytag appliances not even the refrigerator.  I bought a new washer and this time bought a GE which is working fine. Opinion junk.

Energy Efficiency
don't really know how it affected my energy cost

Cleaning Time
when it was new it cleaned clothes very well in the time lengths allotted

the new wore off quickly 7 the tub began to sour
you could hear water left in the thing

easy to operate

nothing wrong with the cosmetics

worked great then with no warning went south quick
maytag repairmen always sleeping could never find one

Lousy washer

from Nashport, OH

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I've owned this washer for 7 months and used every name brand detergent on the market. This washer simply does not clean clothes! How I wish I had my old washer with an agitator back.

I'm 5'6" and have to stand on my tiptoes to get the clothes out of the tub.

• Cleaning Time:

Don't buy the Maytag Bravo!

from Glens Falls, NY

Nothing Beats a Maytag

from Boca Raton, FL

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I am a long time Maytag fan and have never owned a Maytag "lemon". This machine has great capacity for a family and is reasonably quiet for a washing machine. In my household we do two or three loads every day. It handles all fabrics perfectly. Things that I formerly hand-washed now go into the machine which is a wonderful time saver for me. There are two Labrador Retreivers in my household so pet fur on clothes and other fabrics is a given--this machine handles it with no problem. I also have a Maytag gas dryer. I have never had to call the Maytag repairman. I do believe he really could be the lonliest man in town.

It's okay

from Frederick, MD

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I'm kind of surprised by all the positive reviews on here to be honest. I've found that this washer is in general okay. I would not say that it is great. The dryer counterpart is even worse, it's extremely slow in my opinion and the only way to cut down on that is to put very small loads in there. That in itself is a waste of time and a killer on your electric bill when you wash 5 loads instead of two just to speed things up. Because these two come as a pair I've also had to hit "spin" at least one additional time after every wash just to make things actually spin out properly. It's loud, but at least it's not killing our water bill. Overall, noy my favorite washe that I have ever used, but in comparison, it's not the worst, either.