3.9

Pros

Cons

MAYTAG REVIEW

Comments about Maytag 25.1 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator MSF25C2EXW:

Refrigirator is ample for a family of 3-5 people. The freezer is also sufficient and gets very cold. It should be noted that filter for the water dispensor is fairly expensive and requires changing very often in my opinion. This is a negative in my opinion. My preference would be to eliminate the need for the filter.

Noise Level
Refridgerator /freezer is very noisy however. The compressor can be heard in other rooms. Water also drops on the motor from the condensate line and makes a sizziling sound when the cold condensate hits the hot motor. I called Maytag (Home Depot) and was told that this was a normal activity for the refridgerator /freezer.

Interior Organization
Normal with adeqate shelf space for a small family. Not nearly as large a the refridgerator/freezers as the ones that were available when I was a kid back in the 1950s and 1960s.

Great

Average

So good so far after 3.5 years. No broken handles.

Doors have deep areas to allow for large container storage. Shelves are narrow, but are somewhat deep. This however requires removal of front placed items to reach the items in the rear of the shelf.

Very good frdige

Comments about Maytag 25.1 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator MSF25C2EXW:

I love the size and capacity of this refrigerator. My only complaint is the weight of the doors, which sometimes seem very heavy. The refrigerator accurately monitors the filter system for the in door water and ice functions, and filters are easy to change. It stays at a consistent temperature and is large capacity.

• Temperature Control:

Good refrigerator but not enough freezer space.

Comments about Maytag 25.1 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator MSF25C2EXW:

We really like this refrigerator minus the fact that there just does not seem to be enough freezer space. We had to buy an additional freezer chest to keep in the basement in order to fully accommodate our needs. Other than that we've been pretty satisfied with this product. We have it in black and love its sleek look.

Interior Organization
Like I mentioned previously, not enough freezer space.

• Temperature Control:

Good unit, just not enough freezer space

Comments about Maytag 25.1 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator MSF25C2EXW:

The refrigerator is very user friendly with the 2 drawers and adjustable shelves. I love how it cleans so easily. The two different temperature controls in the refrigerator are very helpful when purchasing different groceries. The freezer is just very narrow. It is hard to fit a frozen pizza box in there. This would be much better for someone who doesn't purchase large items for the freezer or who has another freezer unit to store things in. It would be much nicer if it were a little wider. I would go with a freezer on bottom in the future for extra width. I do really like the ice maker and the water and ice dispenser out the outside of the refrigerator/freezer door. I also really like the lock feature because when having small children, this is very important so there is no water and ice all over your kitchen!

Not much freezer space

freezer space is very small

A great refrigerator

Comments about Maytag 25.1 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator MSF25C2EXW:

I believe this refrigerator is very good. I recommend this refrigerator.

Noise Level
The noise level is not very high.

It is organized well.

It keeps my food cold.

It is very easy to clean.

It can withstand some heavy objects.

The stainless steel matches well with other appliances.

Great!!!!

Comments about Maytag 25.1 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator MSF25C2EXW:

This is an absolutely great fridge. It has a lot of space, great design, and tons of features to play around with.

Noise Level
There was hardly any noise except when you use the ice machine but that is to be expected. However, it isn't very loud. Certainly not anything to worry about.

Temperature Control
You have to be careful of where you put the milk. If I put my milk on the top shelf on the left side it will slightly freeze the milk. But with a quick shake it will break up. That may just be because I don't have it set right though.

All fridges are easy to clean. This one is no different. All it takes is a soapy rag and a little water and you are in business. I have never had any trouble cleaning this fridge.

It seems like a durable fridge though I am not very rough on my appliances.

I love the stainless steel design. It can show finger prints though so anyone with a lot of little kids need to reconsider. I don't have kids over very often so it is no problem for me.

• Temperature Control:

Best refrigerator I've ever had.

Comments about Maytag 25.1 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator MSF25C2EXW:

I was debating between this fridge and a similar Kenmore model. So glad I went with Maytag! It fits everything I need it to for a family of five with space left. The door space is the best part, it has the cheese spot on top, and 4 spacious adjustable bins. There are 2 large bins on the bottom for vegetables/meats, and the other is for fruits with humidity controls, the glass shelves are large and adjustable, big enough for 5 gallons of milk per shelf. The freezer isn't as spacious, but its big enough. I really like the big pull out bin in the bottom of the freezer, there are 3 wire shelves and little shelves in the door. The ice maker is quiet, the bin where the ice goes is removable, great feature if you need to fill up your cooler. It also has an auger for the ice. The ice and water dispenser has a lock button so your kids can't mess with it, a light, and the ice comes crushed or cubed. Inside the fridge is where the temperature controls are, it also has a water filtration light to let you know when you need to change the filter. Overall I love this fridge!

Noise Level
I never hear the fridge, I might hear it if I'm in the kitchen when its dumping the ice in the bin, but thats it.

Very good use of space

Temperature Control
It has recommended settings, so its easy

Just wipe it down, love that.

Great so far, 2 adults and 3 kids tested.

It looks very nice

• Temperature Control:

maytag side by side refrigerator

from Central Falls, RI

Comments about Maytag 25.1 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator MSF25C2EXW:

I thought Maytag was a very good brand. I. Guess I bought into the Maytag repairman ads. This was an expensive purchase and I expected more from it. First it stopped making ice. Repairman came out and took unit apart said it was fine. It was after he left. But I also told him the ice crusher didn't work any more. He said it was working fine and if we still had problems call after the hoidays. It never did work again, And I got so busy I forgot about calling until warrantee ran out. Oh well we could do without crused ice. Now once again it does not make ice. I gave it a rating of satisfactory only because it still keeps food at the proper temperature and water dispenser still works. I hope I do not need to buy a new refrigerator in the future but if I do, I will not pick Maytag.

I would not recommend this type or brand of refrigerator

• Temperature Control:

Great refrigerator, lots of space

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Maytag 25.1 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator MSF25C2EXW:

Quiet motor and large freezer. Ice maker is on the door so there is more room for food on the shelves.

Very quiet motor.

Interior Organization
Lots of space in the refrigerator and freezer.

Temperature Control
Keeps food cold in the refrigerator and frozen in the freezer.

Wipes clean easily with a damp towel. Shelves can be removed for easy cleaning.

Shelves are somewhat weak on the edges and crack